The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pompano Beach, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online at the company website, Which was a ton of questions mostly. Took over an hour. Then got a call to about a week later from corporate HR to confirm if I was still interested in the job. I said yes and the lady on the phone asked me some what would you do questions. Then I selected an interview date/time to come to the store and meet the stores co-manager. Met her and she asked similar questions as the HR's phone questionnaire. Also told me what section Id be working in. But not the pay. Plus that there was still one more interview to do. Got a call about a week later for the 2nd interview. But I already had a job by then. So I had to reject. Wish it was a quicker process. I would've chosen them.

Interview Questions

• What are the days/times you're available to work? (once chosen, You cant change it for 6 months)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

First came the application online. I tell you that THD system gets more confusing for transfers and the like, AFTER you have hired on. I had a short phone interview to answer a few basic questions. Soon thereafter I was contacted to have an interview in the store. At the store, I met with HR rep and Assistant Manager for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle customer objections to your recommendations?
      have you any experience with plants, farming, retail, marketing, are you in good enough shape to work like a galley slave, do you mind working differing hours, do you have any experience with the types of chemicals, poisons, fertilizers thet you will be selling? To you have any mechanical aptitude for dealing with the power equipment that you will be selling? Do you mind dealing every day with people that may be jerks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Evansville, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly short interview with general questions directed at prior experiences, scenarios and how you would react as well as ethical questions. Chances are still good even without having prior retail experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was short and fairly easy and the interview was kind of short and simple. I was told that the sooner I take the drug test, the The pay was better than I was expecting but I should have set my minimum higher but with negotiations.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how would I or how have I dealt with working with difficult co-workers in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiate with them but be reasonable

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Once you apply you do a phone interview. Then you go in person. After there's a second "interview" but I did mine right after the first. They do a urine sample drug test that has to be completed within 48 hrs of your second interview in addition to a background check.
    They were all pretty laid back. I just failed the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when...
      What past experience qualifies you for this position?
      Scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Rochester, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I first got interviewed by an assistant manager. I was waiting in his office for about 10 minuets before he came in. I interviewed with him and everything went well so he said I could take my second interview right then and there, (who knew you would need two interviews with home depot lol). The assistant manger told me then to wait for the store manager, for the second interview. I again waited 10 minuets for the store manager to come into his office and for me to do the interview. The second interview went well and I was given the job. The questions were basic, you just have to put a little bit of effort in your answers.

Interview Questions

• What was one experience you have showing good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poinciana, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Poinciana, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very clear and upfront. Extremely friendly for initial and management interviews. Pressed that customer service is a must and explained about required training and job requirements. Made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How was my attitude towards others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only discussed salary with manager. No one knows anyone's salary.

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Inglewood, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First, it took at least a good 5 months before I finally got the interview. Not only that, I didn't know I had an interview until the day of the interview. You could imagine the stress I was under! But I went in, and depending on which Home Depot you apply at, you'll get the job regardless of how much experience you have or professional you look. I arrived on time dressed appropriately for my interview. A lot of the co workers and people around were telling me how one girl got the job but was wearing sweats and her hair wasn't dressed. So It depends! They asked basic questions that you normally receive in an interview.

Interview Questions

• For example, if a customer wants a particular product that we don't carry, how do you handle that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Antonio, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy and brief. I was lucky to have Liz as our HR rep. After HR and a manager interviewed me walked around the store introducing me to department heads and where you would work.

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Thornton, CO).

Interview

Applied for seasonal position. Interview was very fast and loud. There were 15 people interviewing with me as well. Drug test is swabed right there and sent off. Took about 2 weeks to get the drug test results and background check back for job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an upset customer? If so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer