The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Brief Questions. there was an initial phone interview of a few questions and then an at the store interview. the phone interview was easy only a few questions. the in person interview was more difficult but was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call within a few days. It was a brief phone interview, asking about stuff i filled out on my applications. After that, I was called for an in person interview. Asked me questions about dealing with difficult customers, working as a team, etc. Got a phone call a few days after that that I was hired

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Rochester, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Online application, phone call screening, interview with assistant store manager in store office. Had a 30 minute conversation with the assistant store manager and was offered the job. Working as a garden associate can be a seasonal job and the store was eager to get help for a few month, so it works well especially for college students who are off school in the summer.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2013.

Interview

The automated line calls you to make a job offer and set up an in face interview. Once the candidate goes in for the in person interview they have to speak with 2 or 3 managers or assistant managers to see if they have the required skills or drive to work in this face paced environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a customer that was unhappy or rude and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbus, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

It was very professional , couple of questions and just have to answer sincerely and accurately according to your resume
    Be honest and always look the eyes of the person in front of you. Be confident

Interview Questions

• Why you think this is a position for you ? What make you so different with other candidates?   3 Answers

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy and straightforward. Interviewed with two different managers. Both asked similar questions. Then did a week of job training. They are always looking to hire, so the process is relatively painless.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the Home Depot website, received a call for a phone screening, had an in person interview, another phone interview to review information, and a final in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Home Depot?   1 Answer

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview was short and simple. The interviewer asked general questions about any experiences that would relate to your applied position, what you would do in certain scenarios, etc. She then graded your answers and would take you back to inform you on your score.

Interview Questions

• One question in particular stood out. She asked me, "What was one experience in which you helped someone?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lansing, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to complete an online assessment. After doing so, received an opportunity to schedule an in-person interview about 5 days later at the local store. I interviewed at the local store with the Assistant manager, who then had me talk to the department supervisor, and the HR manager. They offered me a position on the spot, pending a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer was unhappy and you had to help fix their problem   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe your experiences qualify you to work at this store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Silverdale, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Sitting down with the HR Manager then a first interview with a assistant manager and then a second interview with the store manager with a store tour. Orientation was done the very next day to the second interview and the first day of work was within 4 days of that.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest customer experience you had to handle?   Answer Question