The Home Depot General Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.4

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (West Columbia, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

This is a 2 step interview process than have to drug test and submit to a back ground check. It can take up to a week to get things back.

Interview Questions

• What are your learning abilities and how fast can you get things?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Van Buren, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very nice, they take you on a tour of the warehouse and explain everything to you in detail. They also made sure to answer all of my questions throughly. Never had such a smooth and friendly/enjoyable interview experience before in my life

Interview Questions

• Being that you were to be working in a warehouse and it can be cold in there if is cold outside or hot if it's hot outside what would you wear to permit with the weather?   1 Answer
    • How would you promote safety on the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baytown, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was sent an email that I will be receiving a call or I can call myself, once calling I was asked a few questions and was scheduled for a face to face interview. Now I will wait, to see what will happen...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where an employee was late and how it affected you and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was basic. It was like a mass hiring process. Asked you trypical question about scenarios and past work experience. Had to meet with two people individaully then in a group setting. After this occured you were taken back to perfromed a mouth swab drug test and given job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luckey, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Luckey, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

i had a phone call for an interview from a out of state number, went and didn't exspect there to be a room full of others interviewed as well. pretty much had a interview with one guy who was pretty cool, then i guess if you was told thank you for coming, you went home with out a offer? i was lead to a room, then sat a few minutes for the next guy to show me the plant. He was really nice as well. THEN at the end, he said it was nice to meet you, and shook my hand and i left? i dont really know what to think if the interview, dp they call you back in for a drug screen or am i out of luck?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Joliet, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had to answer personality questions (took about 30 minutes). Got a call 2-3 days later for a scheduled interview at a distribution center on a Monday. The caller asked me 6 questions and then said she had trouble saving the answers on her computer. The HR person was nice, and asked the same standard six questions (see other reviews for specifics) that chiefly revolved around meeting job deadlines and how I'd react in a stressful situation. Since I had not worked in a warehouse environment before, the examples I gave didn't seem to fit what he wanted to hear. Another HR person came in and said I'd hear if I would get an offer on Friday. Didn't get a call.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Park, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Park, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

First applied online where I got an email that told me to call them. I talked to them a couple of times and answered basic questions like "what experience do you have that would make you a good fit for this job?" The next day I was called to set up a in person interview. During the in person there were about 50 people there to interview as well. We took a tour of he warehouse, then had 2 separate interviews. After the interviews they took me to HR where we did an onsite saliva drug test and consent for a background check. Took a good bit but it was an easy going process and very nice staff.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here at The Home Depot   Answer Question
    • Has there ever been a time where you had to meet a short deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, pay starts at what they start

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Joliet, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then two separate interviews with 2 different members of management.
    Then after they decided if they want you then you go in for a drug test. I believe they also did a background check.
    During the interview they just asked about customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were busy and a customer walks up and asks you a question....   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Park, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

First Interview went well. Was told that I was selected for the second interview awaiting dates, but after 3wks I heard nothing. Call and left voicemails no call back or emails received. Going to take it as I'm not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions with one HR staff members   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tracy, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Recieved an automated call asking general questions which led to a live interview who spoke in monotone. They breifly explained the job and salary. Then you get to choose a day for the actual one-on-one interview. The day of the actual interview, you go one-on-one interview with an employee and basically asking you the same questions that the telephone interview asked, after that, they pass you on to an interview with the supervisor and they basically breifly explain the job. Then after that, you go on a group interview with 3 General managers. Once they hire you, you do the drug test and background check same day. Whole process took about 4 hours because they had a fire drill, But without the fire drill, probably would of took about 2-3 hours.