The Home Depot General Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot General Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baytown, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was sent an email that I will be receiving a call or I can call myself, once calling I was asked a few questions and was scheduled for a face to face interview. Now I will wait, to see what will happen...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where an employee was late and how it affected you and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Wheaton, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

restock moving stuff.
    Warehouse Supervisor, 2nd Shift

The shipping supervisor will manage the shipping office and employees. Must be highly organized and a team player able to handle multiple priorities and projects.

Responsibilities:

Schedule select inbound and outbound shipments.
    Audit and approve carrier freight bills.
    Ensure each step of the logistics process is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays.
    Secure rate quotations from carrier.
    Coordinate customer and vendor return goods.
    Act as the main transportation contact on select customer shipments.
    Load planning. Create loads utilizing our route optimization application.
    Assign carriers, and tender shipments across multiple modes.
    Monitor shipments to ensure on-time pickup and delivery to meet customer requirements.
    Actively participate in weekly/monthly team meetings.
    Manage exception shipments such as re-consignments & critical shipments to ensure all relevant parties are provided status information.
    Communicate and liaison with carriers.
    Perform analysis on freight and other Logistics data and summarize.

Interview Questions

• Education, Experience, Qualities and Skills Required:

3+ years of experience in the Transportation and Logistics industry.
      A focused eye for details and an ability to prioritize as needed.
      Self-directed, dependable and results oriented
      Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel/Outlook)
      Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze and interpret sales and logistics data.
      Above average written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external personnel.
      Knowledge of Great Plains ERP or similar application is a plus.
      Experience using metrics to perform analyses
      Must be customer oriented
      Ability to work independently.
      Must have a sense of urge   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Joliet, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then two separate interviews with 2 different members of management.
    Then after they decided if they want you then you go in for a drug test. I believe they also did a background check.
    During the interview they just asked about customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were busy and a customer walks up and asks you a question....   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Van Buren, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

The application was online and was followed by a brief and easy skills test (can you match two numbers). It was then followed by a phone interview from a call center verifying that you understand the physical workload and then had me schedule an in-person interview. The interview was started with a brief tour of the facility and one of the most strenuous positions there to make sure the physical workload was understood. I was then taken back to the office where a short review of my work history was covered and then was offered a position pending the drug and background screening.

Interview Questions

• What is your prior work experience and what kind of skills from there can be used here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Luckey, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Luckey, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done at the warehouse and consisted of several stages of one on one interviews and ended with a job offer and a meeting with the General Manager. The first stage was a one on one that asked mostly previous employment questions. The second stage was more of a personality assessment. The third and final stage was a meeting with the GM and a tentative job offer pending the passing of the drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where you had to manage yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic questions asked. Interview was in McDonough, GA and was smooth. The interviewer was human resources and very professional and polite. It took me about thirty minutes and then was offered a position. I accepted and started orientation the next week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5yrs from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A breeze.. The offer was about average

Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Van Buren, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very nice, they take you on a tour of the warehouse and explain everything to you in detail. They also made sure to answer all of my questions throughly. Never had such a smooth and friendly/enjoyable interview experience before in my life

Interview Questions

• Being that you were to be working in a warehouse and it can be cold in there if is cold outside or hot if it's hot outside what would you wear to permit with the weather?   1 Answer
    • How would you promote safety on the job?   1 Answer

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was basic. It was like a mass hiring process. Asked you trypical question about scenarios and past work experience. Had to meet with two people individaully then in a group setting. After this occured you were taken back to perfromed a mouth swab drug test and given job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Redlands, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

A quick tour of the facility followed by two interview sessions. Ask questions on the tour as when I did the guy giving the tour basically fast-tracked me to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider appropriate conditions to call off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Park, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

Had three separate interviews. Each interview was a series of different questions to describe what would make you a qualified candidate. If you successfully complete one interview you were invited to complete another interview with a manager

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have that is related to this position?   1 Answer