The Home Depot Hardware Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was a series of phone based questions. Those lead to an in-person interview with a manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and included filling out paperwork with personal information. The next day there was a saliva drug test and 2 weeks later I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you in the workplace.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Hardware Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazel Green, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hazel Green, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Done by Store Manager . Asked me to give an overview of my accomplishments , as well as challenging events that were met on the job and how I turned them from a negative felling into a positive learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your attitude to be towards other employees?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Great, Easy, Funny.
    You apply online, the process might take a few months to get a call from Atlanta (HQ) when you do they will schedule you a in person interview with a manager at your convience.
    The manager was very professional he explained every detail about my role including what day I would begin training.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about recent job experience, when you are asked to take a drug test or go for a drug test on the day of the interview that means you got it! It is up to you to pass the drug test to start the job right away. If you don't get asked for a drug test on the spot chances are you didn't get the job and thats ok because you can always apply to a different location and be better prepared next time!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone manager then store manager asks a bunxh of questions then yiu give answers and then they tell if you will het the job and you take drug test then get to talk to store m and then maybe get the job

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and then I was called after some time had passed (week to a month, don't remember). They asked me a series of pre-interview questions. That were fairly situational such as "what would you do if a customer....?"

A couple of days after the pre-questioning, they sent me an email, scheduling an interview. I got there for the first interview a good fifteen minutes late because I went to the wrong home depot, but no one was present in the interview room so there was no real penalty. When the interviewer showed up, I greeted him and we sat in a small sort of office. One-on-one face to face interaction with your average interview questions, "Why should we hire you?" "What can you bring to our store?"

But wait, there was more! I had a second interview a week later with the manager instead of a supervisor and he was basically asking about the experience I had with Hardware products and surveying how badly I wanted the job. This time he was late or rather a little busy I should say. I passed the first and the second was sort of the manager checking the supervisor's work. Not too difficult of an interviewing process the people are relatively laid back and the environment wasn't very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could bring to the table if we hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He said great and we finalized the schedule I roughly had given to the other interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a series of hypothetical questions which are graded on a 1-5 scale, then the total score is used to determine your potential for employment, and also an online skills and product knowledge test.

Interview Questions

• Q: You are helping a customer find an item, as you are walking them to the item, another customer, who seems upset, comes up to you and demands you help them? How do you proceed?   1 Answer

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Initial phone call, then an interview, then a job, the interviewer was very good, she offered different possibilities, listened to what i wanted and made the effort to accommodate me, has continued in that strain. It was a very easy and comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back, i don't think the interviewer had any difficult or technical questions, I imagine those questions are geared towards the higher positions such as supervisor and mgmt. positions. It seems for the position I applied for if you're sincere they're interested   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lodi, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online then got a phone call with some short questions, after that i got another phone call from a hiring manager with a interview date. I went in for the interview and got the job but had to wait 5 days for my drug test to pass.

Interview Questions

• how will you help us benefit   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Bethesda, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

Beginning Interviews are with one member of store management staff. Most are canned questions concerning any experience you may have with construction materials, hardware, and general experience in sales and areas of interest in sales performed by Home Depot. Nothing too in depth. General Sales Interview.

Interview Questions

• Your desired areas of work and why you would be qualified for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Informal, mass interviewing of many people at one time, individually chosen to speak to a management official, one on one, for about 10 minutes at a time.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Come in twice to meet the HR manager, and then the store's manager. Had to take drug test. Then I was hired. Simple and direct questions about how much you know or capable of.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here at the Home Depot with a Master's Degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. Just a retail job so I didn't expect much to negotiate.