The Home Depot Hardware Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Sales Associate Hardware Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazel Green, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hazel Green, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Done by Store Manager . Asked me to give an overview of my accomplishments , as well as challenging events that were met on the job and how I turned them from a negative felling into a positive learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your attitude to be towards other employees?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Come in twice to meet the HR manager, and then the store's manager. Had to take drug test. Then I was hired. Simple and direct questions about how much you know or capable of.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here at the Home Depot with a Master's Degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. Just a retail job so I didn't expect much to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Bethesda, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

Beginning Interviews are with one member of store management staff. Most are canned questions concerning any experience you may have with construction materials, hardware, and general experience in sales and areas of interest in sales performed by Home Depot. Nothing too in depth. General Sales Interview.

Interview Questions

• Your desired areas of work and why you would be qualified for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Informal, mass interviewing of many people at one time, individually chosen to speak to a management official, one on one, for about 10 minutes at a time.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Darby, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upper Darby, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

There was a lag between when I applied and was interviewed-maybe a month or so. Most of the "interview" was online, with screening questions about how I'd handle a difficult situation, etc. The face-to-face interview was very very brief. They conducted a urine screening for illegal drugs. There was an 800 number that I needed to cal to get updates on my application.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember. Almost all of the questions were handled online . The more difficult questions (all multiple choice), involved gray areas of how to handle both co-workers and customers. On most of these questions I said I would ask my manager about the situation. There were a lot of questions that dealt with me witnessing theft from the store, either by a customer or employee. Dealing with theft seemed to be one of the greatest weaknesses at the Upper Darby Home Depot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. But I was surprised later on, to learn that I started at a higher salary than a co-worker who had already been there 3.5 years and had work experience that provided more product knowledge than I had. They offered me a part-time hardware sales position at $9.50/hour and I took it

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Initial phone call, then an interview, then a job, the interviewer was very good, she offered different possibilities, listened to what i wanted and made the effort to accommodate me, has continued in that strain. It was a very easy and comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back, i don't think the interviewer had any difficult or technical questions, I imagine those questions are geared towards the higher positions such as supervisor and mgmt. positions. It seems for the position I applied for if you're sincere they're interested   Answer Question

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, filled out a 30-45 minute questionnaire about general knowledge and skills for home improvement. Got a call back for an interview, met with one of the ASM's that was in her last week at the store. Was a simple interview that went well, although i never directly interviewed with the store manager, I hear most employees do.

Interview Questions

• None stood out as too difficult or unexpected to remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mentioned i had years of customer experience and much familiarity with tools and handiwork already. She kinda casually brushed it off and said that was already considered.

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and then I was called after some time had passed (week to a month, don't remember). They asked me a series of pre-interview questions. That were fairly situational such as "what would you do if a customer....?"

A couple of days after the pre-questioning, they sent me an email, scheduling an interview. I got there for the first interview a good fifteen minutes late because I went to the wrong home depot, but no one was present in the interview room so there was no real penalty. When the interviewer showed up, I greeted him and we sat in a small sort of office. One-on-one face to face interaction with your average interview questions, "Why should we hire you?" "What can you bring to our store?"

But wait, there was more! I had a second interview a week later with the manager instead of a supervisor and he was basically asking about the experience I had with Hardware products and surveying how badly I wanted the job. This time he was late or rather a little busy I should say. I passed the first and the second was sort of the manager checking the supervisor's work. Not too difficult of an interviewing process the people are relatively laid back and the environment wasn't very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could bring to the table if we hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He said great and we finalized the schedule I roughly had given to the other interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbia, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, was called the following week by the HR supervisor. As soon as I got there, one of the managers took me to the back office for an interview. He asked me typical things like my availability and experience I had in customer service. After the interview, he said I had the job as long as I passed the drug test. I did the drug test the same day but didn't hear from them after a week. I called HR, and she told me that the background check wasn't finished. She resubmitted it and within two weeks of my interview, I went to orientation and was out on the sales floor the following week.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in handling frustrated personnel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and stress free. They ask you the typical interview questions then offer you a job, sometimes they'll offer you more than one depending on your experience. Also, you sit in a small room and they go over your resume. I had a supervisor come in and wanted me to work with him immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Maplewood, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, then waited, nothing happened, so I went into the store and talked to the manager. Got the job and then started within a few weeks. Overall good .... ... ... .. . .. ... ...... ..... ... ...

Interview Questions

• What Experience do you have?   1 Answer