The Home Depot Head Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Head Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.2

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Super easy questions. Applied online and completed assessment test online. Got an email setting up a phone interview. After passing phone interview, was called by the actual store to set up a one-on-one interview. Arrived at store and brought back to office. Interview lasted just a few minutes and offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to balance both speed and accuracy.   Answer Question
  • What would you do if someone approached you with a question about a product or service and you did not know the answer.   1 Answer
  • How would you react if a customer spoke to you in a rude manner to complain.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Live Oak, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Live Oak, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I feel my application a week later I went to the store told them I filled out an application online they ask me my name and asked me if I could come in the next day for an interview

Interview Questions

• If I was walking through the department and a customer needed help what would I do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Augusta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was promoted from within, very easy interview. I had already been doing the job for about 3 months before they made it offical. They did a few roleplaying scenarios, and basic questions about handling cash, customers, and difficult associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pace, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pace, FL).

Interview

Very formal. Relevant questions are asked. Most answers are based on real life experiences. Interviewer is a manager that you work with often, so there is familiarity with work ethic and personalities. Interviews are often conducted during shifts. Once the choice has been made, all candidates are notified of a choice before the chosen candidate is notified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time about when you a decision that reflected your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cedar Park, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the Front End Supervisor and Ops. Manager. Very comfortable during both. Interview was personable and asked questions that were truly applicable and focused. We reviewed what I had done to date, along with classes and those I was interested in taking in the future. I was asked how I would handle various situations and if I had any concerns about taking the position. I was then asked if I had any question or hesitations about the position. All of these were done in a very easy going atmosphere. I never felt uncomfortable or uneasy. I felt they truly wanted what was best for the company and me.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Unorganized. Upon arrival the interviewer wasn't there had to wait 15 minutes and then I was switch to another person to conduct the interview because the ASM was too busy so the department head came to interview and then was told to come back so that ASM can interview me. The person I was suppose to meet with was to busy and another ASM interviewed me and had to re-take the drug test over. Waited about a week before the test was back and then I started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You are told the rate during the phone interview

Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kyle, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Management goes over a handful of questions with you before proceeding to ask you if you have any questions or concerns about the position you have applied for. Don't be afraid to ask for a smaller position or for training!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took the initiative to learn something new without anyone else asking you to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gaithersburg, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Received a phone Interview first and then I was scheduled for a personal Interview, after interviewing with two Managers, I was Interviewed by the store Manager, I then signed for a Backround and later returned for a Drug Test.

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Phone Interview screening
    Face to face with HR coordinator
    Face to face with the operations manager and front end supervisor

Third interview had a very relaxed feel. Ops manager and front end supervisor were super welcoming and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving a conflict between to coworkers?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose the home depot   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process took a little over a month. I was brought in for an interview as a Cashier, however, at the end, the HR Manager and the Front End Supervisor teamed up and decided to extend an offer for the Head Cashier position. I had an extensive background in customer service as well as experience working for one of Home Depot's competitors. The offer that was extended to me was not commensurate with my experience, as they wanted to start me of with the starting amount that the position paid. I declined the offer. The store manager made a few calls and was able to extend a higher offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Describe a time where you gave excellent customer service - how did you know? What do/would you enjoy the most/least about your job? How would you handle rude customers? How do you handle a task that has time constraints, and also requires exceptional quality? Where do you see yourself a year from now?   Answer Question