The Home Depot Head Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Head Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews, a phone interview and an in person interview. Both were very basic and asked simple what would you do scenarios. They also asked "Give me a time when..." questions. Such as, "Give me a time when you had conflict with a friend or co-worker, and what did you do to resolve it?" Another question was, "Was is good customer service to you?". The Home Depot is trying to be the #1 customer service retailer in the world. You will see it in every training video. If you show that you are ALL about customer service, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions are the, "Give me a time when...", because you have to quickly think of a time. We all have many examples but the hard part is thinking of them. Doing this before will help a lot. One of them was, "Give me a time when you did something above what you were asked to do".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Aspen Hill, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Aspen Hill, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called asked to come in then the interview process lasted around an hour. It comprised of a few basic questions. after all in all they informed me that i would have to take a drug test within 48 hours of the interview. Once that was complete i was hired and told to show up for training it was 2 weeks of a computerized training program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dunwoody, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy interview they ask a lot of questions about my customer service experience and how would I handle an angry customer the also ask me to tell them about a time I had to deal with a difficult customet

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Casual, brief the average retail interview process. Was hired same day as my second interview. Similar to any retail job. Had maybe one or two perks above but not much.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I had to handle a difficult situation between a customer/co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hermitage, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

It was about 30 minutes long. Lots of situational questions. Make sure you think about all your experiences in retaliation and focus on making sure that the customers are happy. Make everything about then and you'll be alright during your interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to multi task and deal with a difficult customer. What did you do to get everything done and keep the customer satisfied?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lexington, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I received a call for a phone interview for initial screening, I guess I passed since they invited me for a Face-to-Face interview. I received emails as a reminders. I went to the customer service area and they directed me to go to the employee lounge. There I met the interviewer, She's nice and very friendly which makes me comfortable. The interview questions are easy.

Interview Questions

• As the last person to associate with the customers, what will you do?
      How will you handle an angry customer?
      Tell me a time when u go above and beyond customer service.
      Tell me a time when u need to be quick and accurate.
      Why did u choose to apply at home depot.   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

Interview

It was very smooth, nice and friendly, There was some brief questions asked and basically a feel to see if you align with the company, but overall nice. You are interviewed by usually the department head, the assistant manager of that unit and then the store manager. they all are pretty is going but themanager was a little blah. i guess he is more on the business end of things.

Interview Questions

• I do not think any question was difficult. I idea is to be honest about your skills, identify if you are a people person and move forward from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but was told about employee evalutions and how that would assist with an employee annual raise.

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The Manager might have been one of the nicest people I have come across in my life. The Manager personally took time out, to call the hiring manager for my interview. He even put in a good word for me before the interview. Great staff and very easy to relate with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Green Bay, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied within the store on their computer. Once application was filled out, it only took a couple of days to set up the interview. Received a phone call and had the interview the next day. After the interview, had an orientation class that lasted a couple days. Then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Started at $9. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dearborn Heights, MI).

Interview

The interview process so far was about 3 weeks. However, I didn't get a call until about 3 weeks after I applied. I got the phone interview first. After the phone interview the staffing rep said there wasn't any slots open for store interview yet but she gave me a con number and told me to call everyday to check for open slots. I could never find an open slot after calling for about a week so I stopped. about 3 weeks later I got an email that they tried to contact me and to call and schedule an app for interview. I went in for the interview the end of that same week and the assistant manager said he would be calling a week from now to schedule an interview with the store manager. Will update after the second interview.