The Home Depot Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

2.0

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Interview

Was ok and asked how are you on Murillo occasions but was just a interview years ago so wasn't that bad looking back at it anyways this 30 word min

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a automated call and it let me set up which date id like for the interview. After that, I went and met with 2 people, one was the hiring manager & the other I presume to be the general manager. The GM asked me 3-4 questions and the hiring manager took notes. They really let me express myself with these questions. After that I kindly thanked them and handed my resume. Even though they already had printed it. I left the room and just as I was exiting 2 mins later, I got called back by the hiring manager who gave me the offer. Really pleasant interview and challenging with questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your work history   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer who is upset and is lashing out on everyone?   Answer Question
    • What can you do to connect more with the customer? How do you get them to be engaging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dale City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dale City, VA).

Interview

It's very fast. Hardly any questions (like 4 questions in my experience). They will give you a phone call to schedule an interview. You choose a date and time and you show up on time (or earlier). They will lead you to the manager office and there they will interview you. After the interview, they will drug test you. The results will come in week. After that, you will go through orientation which is an hour long introduction of the company and how it works and how it benefits the workers. You will fill out some papers and then you go to training. Training is through a computer which, in my experience as a cashier took me 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Answered 5 generic questions, offered position. Completed a drug test (oral swab) and provided information for background check. Called 4 days later to fill out paperwork, then began computer training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to multitask   1 Answer

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Filled out an online application. I Called 3 days later to check on my application status. I Got an interview 1week later. There were only 6 interview questions, and they were very basic questions. the interview took about 15min. Drug tested on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Kenner, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kenner, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email saying I will get a phone call, I received the phone call the same day. The call was an automated phone call asking basic questions like could u work Saturdays and most weekends just basic questions. Went to the interview the following week easy questions it was 2 interviews with HR manager and store manager.

Interview Questions

• What's customer service is to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy ask if I would accept the pay rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

i had applied online and it took about 3 months for the recruiters to look at it. The day of the interview i had to wait a whole hour to get called in for the interview. the interview was very self explanatory , the questions were easy as well. the outcome of it was not what i had to expected

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. After I applied, they sent an email instructing me to be on the lookout for a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked questions about availability and things pertaining to enjoying customer service. Then they let me pick a time and day for an in person interview. I first interviewed with the Assistant Store Manager. He seemed to like me and said they were conducting more interviews and would call and let me know if i'd move on in the process. Two hours later, I got the call and was told the Store Manager would like to interview me the following day. Once I interviewed with the Store Manager, i was then given a background check and drug test and am now in the process of orientation. Pays $10 an hour :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Describe a time you had to use speed and accuracy?
      What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked about 5 questions. I was then offered the position and required to take a mouth swab drug test on site. I had to go in a few days later to fill out tax forms and then given start date for orientation, which was a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to help a disgruntled customer, and how did you fix the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview, basically confirming information regarding postion and availability you provide on app. Set up in person interview where there are Basic interview questions, experience in field, good experience with customers, bad experience with customers, availability, qualities, goals. Drug test is done with a mouth swab in office as you fill out paperwork.