The Home Depot Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.2

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I filled out applicants and had an interview over the phone. Nothing major a few question. Then was emailed for a interview. Now waiting for a call back .

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were late and what did you do ?   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Conroe, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Supposed to have interviewed with an ASM during the first interview, but the ASM couldn't be bothered, so I was interviewed by the ASDS [in-store HR manager]. Passed the interview, and then was scheduled for a second, final interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer wanting an item that is currently out of stock? What resources would you use, and what solutions could you offer the customer?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baytown, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward and easy. Interviewer was nice and seemed easy to work with. Mentioned that if any questions needed to be repeated, or if I didn't understand any question, they would repeat or go into detail about what was being asked of me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pasadena, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after two or three weeks I received a robo call and e-mail asking that I call a number to answer some basic questions. When calling in I dealt with a robot, not a human, which off the bat said if you answered no to any of the following questions it would mean withdrawal of your submission for the position. It asked basic questions such as would you be available to work for certain time frames and are you okay with working in regular store conditions. After answering four or five questions it helped me schedule an in person interview later that week, the details which were sent to me in an e-mail.

I arrived about twenty five minutes early for my interview and was sent to a back room (a training room I believe) by the person at the customer service desk. There I waited alone for twenty minutes wondering if I was in the right place. Eventually an employee stumbled across me and asked me why I was in the room. I informed them that I was there for an interview. It seems they were not informed that I was coming by the retail staffing center, or the people in the front who directed me to this room. After a few minutes they came back with a questionnaire and confirmed that I was applying for a job as a stock person. I told them I was not and showed them my e-mail stating I was there to interview for a sales associate position. They promptly apologized and said they would get the correct form and be right back.

Another twenty minutes later they returned with the proper form and the interview began. The entire interview took about thirty minutes. There was very little interaction in the interview, they simply read a question, wrote down my answer, and then flipped the page to the next question. After they were done, I asked a few questions I had and the interview was over. The interviewer seemed to have a positive opinion of me and said that while the HR person was on vacation, they would be back the next week (this was a Thursday) and I would receive a call for a second interview early the next week.

A month has passed and I haven't received any further contact from them. I'm assuming that the HR person decided on another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took more than a month to schedule an interview then one more week for the interview. The hiring manager was friendly and not intimidating at all. asked me mostly role play question and one about personal a achievement.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the situation that a customer came up to you and spoke to you in a rude manner?   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baytown, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was sent an email that I will be receiving a call or I can call myself, once calling I was asked a few questions and was scheduled for a face to face interview. Now I will wait, to see what will happen...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where an employee was late and how it affected you and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview starts off by the company calling you and doing a short interview over the phone and later on they set up a 1on1 interview with Hr and after that they either offer you a position on the spot or have to wait a little while longer.

Interview Questions

• If I had any previous experience in household repairs.   2 Answers

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Spring, TX).

Interview

great management, understood everything, and is very knowledgeable in home depot. Cares about all his employees, is a hands on person, will help everyone.has an eye for sales, helps in the community,

Interview Questions

• how would i do in this role.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Submission of online application then I was contacted by a Home Depot Associate to complete a brief phone interview. I was then informed to come in for a face to face interview which was very pleasant. I was contacted about a week later to complete a background check and then drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous cashier and customer service experience.   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screening then in person at store. Three people total preliminary secondary then final. One after another. Started with a supervisor. He asked general questions that were easy and standard. First question was "Tell me about yourself"