The Home Depot Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took more than a month to schedule an interview then one more week for the interview. The hiring manager was friendly and not intimidating at all. asked me mostly role play question and one about personal a achievement.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the situation that a customer came up to you and spoke to you in a rude manner?   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview starts off by the company calling you and doing a short interview over the phone and later on they set up a 1on1 interview with Hr and after that they either offer you a position on the spot or have to wait a little while longer.

Interview Questions

• If I had any previous experience in household repairs.   2 Answers

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baytown, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was sent an email that I will be receiving a call or I can call myself, once calling I was asked a few questions and was scheduled for a face to face interview. Now I will wait, to see what will happen...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where an employee was late and how it affected you and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Spring, TX).

Interview

great management, understood everything, and is very knowledgeable in home depot. Cares about all his employees, is a hands on person, will help everyone.has an eye for sales, helps in the community,

Interview Questions

• how would i do in this role.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Submission of online application then I was contacted by a Home Depot Associate to complete a brief phone interview. I was then informed to come in for a face to face interview which was very pleasant. I was contacted about a week later to complete a background check and then drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous cashier and customer service experience.   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screening then in person at store. Three people total preliminary secondary then final. One after another. Started with a supervisor. He asked general questions that were easy and standard. First question was "Tell me about yourself"

MET Associate Hired, Not Yet Started Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied in May, had interview on June 8. It's now been two weeks exactly since interview.
    The interview itself went great. Future boss and I hit irbid real well. Signed for background check and took drug test then and there.

Now, I've been waiting 2 weeks for an official call back but haven't heard anything about my drug test results. I called the Home Depot location this past Friday and was told by my future boss that my background check came in clear but my drug test results haven't been received.

Still waiting for the call regarding drug test.

If anyone reading has any experience with the wait time between offer acceptance and actual start dates please let me know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, he offered $10 and I said great.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Spring, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I went to Lowes company for an interview first. They were up-front and professional unlike the Spring Home Depot Store and their managers and associates. Home Depot was unprofessional, the store aisles were junkie and customers were being ignored. Associates were talking about what they were going to do this weekend instead of helping customers When I went into the interview , the person interviewing me didn't ask anything about me or my ambition. She keep looking at her cell phone.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the atmosphere in the Spring Home Depot Store compared to the company
      i came from. I told them that I heard the managers in the Spring Home Depot talk negative about the associates in front of other regular associates and customers. Where I came from, the Managers wouldn't dare do that. The interviewer keep looking at her cellphone as if I was holding her up,
      1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through online portal for sales associate position and completed application skills quiz.
    Was contacted by Home Depot headquarters representative within 2 weeks.
    Completed phone screen on the spot and was scheduled for in-person interview.
    Did in-person interview within a week, accepted offer on the spot, and did drug test.

Interview Questions

• You see a customer that looks in need of assistance entering the store--how do you approach this customer?   1 Answer

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy straight to the point, asked about work experience and was asked to mention examples of customer service experience situations. And mentioned examples from other jobs to help me gain valuable knowledge.