The Home Depot IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2017.

Interview

Applied in February through the university career fair. It took four months to finally receive a phone call about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and seemed like it was going well. The interviewer interned at Home Depot for 3 straight summers and was now there full time, super smart guy, really grilled me about my resume and experiences but overall seemed pretty excited about me and said the recruiter would contact me in a week. Never received a phone call or a reply to my thank you emails after that day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, tell me about any out of school projects you've been working on, general project/various software experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiters came to my school's career fair. There was a group interview, mainly to see how you work as part of a team. We were given two activities with an analysis/presentation after each one. We were asked to verbalize our thought processes. Lasted an hour. 2 interviewers. 4 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Given simplified segments of a search algorithm, assemble it and explain how it works. What would you change about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was contacted after giving them my application via school career fair. The entire process was about two months long and after passing their phone interview, I was invited to go to their IT department and went through three rounds of interviews each averaging 30 minutes. A majority of the questions asked were about my resume and describing the projects I participated in.

Interview Questions

• Write the pseudocode of your favorite sorting algorithm and explain why you chose it over other algorithms.   Answer Question
    • Explain how multithreading works.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview was at the Home Depot office; several candidates were invited for an "Internship Day" where we took turns being interviewed by a series of employees (3-4; mostly technical-ish interviews). Though we were told that we'd hear back in 2 weeks at most, it was over 6 weeks before hearing back.

Interview Questions

• They looked at my resume and asked me to describe in detail the projects I have listed on there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Sent my resume to a recruiter that visited my school. A few weeks later had an easy phone screen. Then I waited a few months not hearing anything from my recruiter until they scheduled an on site. I never got a confirmation about the onsite and they had to reschedule it. After the onsite, I received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions (some people were asked technical questions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very casual process. Apply with a resume -> phone screening interview (minimal technical questions) -> in person interview day. Over the phone my questions were primarily behavioral and work/school history based - "talk about a project you worked on", "Tell me about how you juggle multiple tasks well". In person the questions were much more technical, but that was dependent on which interviewer I got. Several of the other people in the room said their interviewer asked them no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the three fundamental concepts of object oriented programming   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

applied from a career fair
    got an email back scheduling a phone screen that consisted of questions about projects i've worked on, some object oriented language questions and some situationonal questions
    then a follow up in person interview which you do with two different interviewers but they ask the same thing mostly
    once you get past the phone screen, youre pretty much good

Interview Questions

• what is a class?
      what is a binary tree?
      what is inheritance?
      how would you create an object?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy but timely. First round was a coding test they sent via email. Second round was a phone screening where technical questions were asked. Third round was an in-site interview with some technical questions but mostly fit.

, IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I was called for a phone screen, was called and asked a series of questions for 30 minutes. The interviewer seemed more interested in testing for knowledge of programming terms, not problem solving skills. It felt like a test that was testing the wrong skills for this type of job. I did not get a positive view of the culture for their IT developers.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know a text book definition of abstraction, and other object-oriented programming terms and concepts.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting to the Atlanta (main) office. Within a week of dropping off my resume to a representative, I received an email inviting me to a phone interview which was mostly behavioral. I stuttered a lot and thought I didn't make it. After the phone interview, I received an invite to a site interview two weeks or so later. The interview didn't happen until an interview event the next semester.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface.

Difference between method overloading and overriding

What's the function of a Group By SQL statement   Answer Question