The Home Depot IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot IT Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gainesville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

In a group of four, complete two different tasks asked by the two interviewers. Afterwards, they let you know whether or not you got the offer in a few weeks. They assess off of communication skills, and how well you work with others

Interview Questions

• Given a bunch of snippets of pseudocode in the form of paper cutouts, rearrange the code in the way to make the function work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Behavior screening over phone, technical interview over phone, technical and behavioral interview on site. The technical interview consisted of coding problems that you would say the psuedocode outloud instead of typing it or writing it out, so it was more conceptual than practical.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a string?
      How would you reverse a linked list?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2017.

Interview

3 other applicants in the room 2 people from home depot who were taking notes the whole time. They were applying for a different job as me so that was kind of awkward.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gainesville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a developer about basic OOP stuff. It lasted about 20 minutes. Then I had campus Interview with 2 developers asking about my experience and code some basic questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

They gathered a bunch of applicants and went through a presentation. After the presentation they took a few people at a time to be interviewed 1 on 1. There was a total of 3 interviews for each person. The presentation was very informative and answered many questions people had.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview was at the Home Depot office; several candidates were invited for an "Internship Day" where we took turns being interviewed by a series of employees (3-4; mostly technical-ish interviews). Though we were told that we'd hear back in 2 weeks at most, it was over 6 weeks before hearing back.

Interview Questions

• They looked at my resume and asked me to describe in detail the projects I have listed on there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus, quick on the go interview over my resume. I got one phone call for interview, but I missed it but still they sent me invitation to attend on site interview, which after about 3 weeks.
    Onsite interview : 3 rounds with each project manager. They all asked based on resume and they were following a given question set. 2 of them asked repeatedly same questions during the on site interview. They served breakfast meanwhile giving presentation about company. Then interview sessions, followed by lunch.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very casual process. Apply with a resume -> phone screening interview (minimal technical questions) -> in person interview day. Over the phone my questions were primarily behavioral and work/school history based - "talk about a project you worked on", "Tell me about how you juggle multiple tasks well". In person the questions were much more technical, but that was dependent on which interviewer I got. Several of the other people in the room said their interviewer asked them no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the three fundamental concepts of object oriented programming   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

applied from a career fair
    got an email back scheduling a phone screen that consisted of questions about projects i've worked on, some object oriented language questions and some situationonal questions
    then a follow up in person interview which you do with two different interviewers but they ask the same thing mostly
    once you get past the phone screen, youre pretty much good

Interview Questions

• what is a class?
      what is a binary tree?
      what is inheritance?
      how would you create an object?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was contacted after giving them my application via school career fair. The entire process was about two months long and after passing their phone interview, I was invited to go to their IT department and went through three rounds of interviews each averaging 30 minutes. A majority of the questions asked were about my resume and describing the projects I participated in.

Interview Questions

• Write the pseudocode of your favorite sorting algorithm and explain why you chose it over other algorithms.   Answer Question
    • Explain how multithreading works.   Answer Question