The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.1

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Luis Obispo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

you will first get an in person interview and answer some short questions about how you handle work situations. Then if you are considered on the spot, they will ask you to do a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions

• what was your prior job and how would it help you in this position?   Answer Question
  • how would you handle a rude customer?   Answer Question
  • if you don't know about a customers question how would you go about helping them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Called in about a week later to follow up on my application. Then about another week later I received a call to come in for an interview from the hiring manager. I was not asked any questions except what day I can come in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past jobs. Describe a time you dealt with a rude customer? How will you handle a rude customer? What do you do when someone ask you about a product that you dont know anything about? What hours and days can you work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty streamlined process that went at a quicker pace overall than I thought it would. I was able to come during my lunch hour, which was really helpful and convenient. I met with each individual back-to-back, and was done. One from HR, one from operations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview went good. It was very chill and the guy was very nice. He asked me about my previous employment experience and how I could benefit the company.

Interview Questions

• A customer stops you in the aisle and asks you about a product that you have no knowledge about. How do you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Ridiculously long time before you get a call for an interview; I didn't get contacted for three months. You have to interview with three different people after a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have; what would you do if you encounter an angry customer; the usual retail questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Ozone Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (South Ozone Park, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

No dress code required. Show up to the interview, they ask a few questions too make sure the application was filled out truthfully. Then there is a drug test immediately after to ensure all employees aren't under the influence of drugs.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lancaster, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the store manager he was very nice and friendly He made the interview comfortable aa he told a little info about his self and his Home Depot Experience and how he started out as an employee many years ago

Interview Questions

• Name a Time you whent above and beyond for costumer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through the careers website for Cashier and in about 4 to 5 days I got a phone call scheduling and interview. After I got their and went through basic interview questions my interviewer told me that she thought I would be an even better fit at a sales position and got a second interview that same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with an unruly customer   Answer Question
    • describe what you would do to Handle a customer asking about something you don't have great knowledge about   Answer Question
    • describe what you would do at the end of a work day regarding your till   Answer Question

Negotiation

She basically said I think you would be a great fit for our sales department and said I want to hire you here on the spot but you have to do the other assessment on the the careers website because I only applied for cashier

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Murrieta, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by HR and was explained role,benefits,and pay rate. It was a one on one interview with a guy. He was real friendly and nice. It was a relaxed setting. It was more of a conversation with an old friend. He asked me my life story and my goals for life. Right after,I was offered a job right after I interviewed and was able to accept and take a drug test and submit background!

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lakewood, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online for my local Home Depot, and it only took a week to get a call-back for an on-phone interview, which was like a screening process. At the end of the call I was given a tentative offer and interview time/date. I then proceeded to the interview which ended up being the next day. When I went in, they had forgotten I was to interview, but an assistant manager went ahead and interviewed me. They don't use resumes, since they don't like to "prescreen" people, just like to get a feel for the people in the interview. I answered the typical interview questions and then provided my availability. I got a call back about 2-3 days later, which a tentative job offer, based on whether I passed the drug and background test. Since my availability wasn't the greatest, I was offered a cashier position, until something opened up on the sales floor. It took about a week or two later before I got the official call to come in and do new hire paperwork, and then on the following Saturday I went to another store for New Hire Orientation for about 4 hours.
    Everyone seems pretty friendly, and so I think this may be a nice little P/T job for me.

Interview Questions

• How my past work experience would help me at The Home Depot.   Answer Question