The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.0

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tehachapi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tehachapi, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was super short. I received a screening call like two weeks after and during that screening which was automated my first in person interview got set up . From the first interview I ended up getting a second interview like four days later. Both interviews were really short like less than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   Answer Question
  • If you got hired what department would you least like to work in and which would you most want to work in?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you thought a goal was unreachable but you reached it anyways.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2017.

Interview

I've been in the customer services for 8 years. I also been cash handling for 8 years as well. So I'm very comfortable being around customers that comes in. I'm a quick learner and I love to get straight to work once I clock on. With me it's a guarantee the company wouldn't be disappointed

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Luis Obispo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

you will first get an in person interview and answer some short questions about how you handle work situations. Then if you are considered on the spot, they will ask you to do a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions

• what was your prior job and how would it help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • how would you handle a rude customer?   Answer Question
    • if you don't know about a customers question how would you go about helping them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Called in about a week later to follow up on my application. Then about another week later I received a call to come in for an interview from the hiring manager. I was not asked any questions except what day I can come in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past jobs. Describe a time you dealt with a rude customer? How will you handle a rude customer? What do you do when someone ask you about a product that you dont know anything about? What hours and days can you work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Woodridge, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

First there was an phone interview where you answer a few questions to get a in store interview. Was asked general customer questions and availability. Also if i had any related work history and what was my most recent job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty streamlined process that went at a quicker pace overall than I thought it would. I was able to come during my lunch hour, which was really helpful and convenient. I met with each individual back-to-back, and was done. One from HR, one from operations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview went good. It was very chill and the guy was very nice. He asked me about my previous employment experience and how I could benefit the company.

Interview Questions

• A customer stops you in the aisle and asks you about a product that you have no knowledge about. How do you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kitty Hawk, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kitty Hawk, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Email me the details on time and date. The interview was laid back and allowed you to ask questions about the job. They allowed you to raise any concerns and questions that you might have about the job and company.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with this particular job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Ridiculously long time before you get a call for an interview; I didn't get contacted for three months. You have to interview with three different people after a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have; what would you do if you encounter an angry customer; the usual retail questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Ozone Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (South Ozone Park, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

No dress code required. Show up to the interview, they ask a few questions too make sure the application was filled out truthfully. Then there is a drug test immediately after to ensure all employees aren't under the influence of drugs.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute here?   1 Answer