The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden

The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dover, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

Had banner in front of store stating they were hiring. I knew a asst manager in the store, met with him and he said to go online and apply. They called me the next day. I went in for the interview and was offer a position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe "customer service"?   1 Answer
  • How have you dealt with a angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary at the entry level positions.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Apply online through Atlanta.
    You get an e-mail with a phone number to call, do so and answer their questions.
    If you pass they will schedule an in-person interview in the upcoming days.
    Go to the interview, show your charm and charisma. With any luck they negotiate pay, hand your a drug test form, and send you on your way to the cup-of-truth.
    Pee in a cup, they send it to a lab. If everything checks you go to an 8 hour paid orientation.
    Basic education history/background check.
    A urine sample must be submitted and tested within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example where you accomplished a task as a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked if I accepted the employment terms, and was told to show up for an 8 hour paid orientation at the crack on dawn on a Sunday morning.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

straight forward questions, I spoke with the store manager he was friendly offered part time told me it takes time to get to full time. Uusally 4 months to a year.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Peoria, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Very professional. Asked good pertinent questions. Was a well designed process that allowed me to explain my qualifications and my employment needs. Also gave a very good description of the job openings and the hiring process. Very well done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Zurich, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Overly complex online process, two unnecessarily long tests. One phone screen from a remote office. Lastly one last 1:1 interview that was more of a confirmation, than an interview. Rarely saw the hiring manager afterward, most of my onboarding was with the help of department employees who cared.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience with Garden   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Beaverton, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

simple- first with hr then with asst. store manager then store manager covering basic history of education and work. followed by their information about company and job requirements and asked about my questions which related to pay, benefits and guarantee of full time. the overall experience was easy yet not a given to get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Monroeville, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was straightforward, one phone screen asking basic personal questions (name a time you faced a deadline and had to make a quick decision, name a time where you had to work with a group to accomplish a goal) things of that nature.
    This was followed with two in person interviews, the first was basically a rehash of the phone interview with some directed questions about home improvement itself.
    The second interview was a job offer.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was trying to accomplish a task but wasn't sure what tools to use, how would you recommend the proper tool for the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Niagara Falls, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a joke! Got the phone interview from Atlanta, then never got called for the interview at the location and had to go to a career center meet and greet for Home Depot to eventually get my on site interviews. Yes, two interviews before they actually hire you and treat you like crap. They post certain jobs just to get you in the door, then they offer you another position that they have that nobody really sticks around for.

Interview Questions

• What can we do for you today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase!

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

the interview at Home Depot was average a lot of how would you do in this type of situation kind of questions. They weren't very hard but its a good thing to practice so you don't blank when you get in there. Some of they questions are there to really make you think and you don't want to look stupid. Everything i customer related, the company goal it to be the number one customer retailer in the world and they talk about that a lot.

Interview Questions

• if you were put it a particular situation ...... how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lakewood, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a week to come in for interview, had a 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager which was just about my background info and why I'd want to work at HD, then came in for introduction with other new hires about a week later and then I started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation