The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Interview

Applied on a Monday and got a call the next day asked a few questions to see if I qualified for the position, then scheduled a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked the typical get to know you questions and scenarios   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Called me in from applying online as it was fairly easy, a lot of situational questions and how does your experience help you for the job you are applying for. Filled out a packet of questions for the first interview. Said wait 3-7 days to see if you get a call back to come in for the second interview with the store manager and the drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Well you are interviewed by 2 Department Supervisors, the DS of Garden and sometimes another Department where help is needed. They ask real basic questions, "have you ever worked retail" "do you have experience with garden products" "what would you do in this situation". stuff like that. softballs really

Interview Questions

• Situational question about an unruly customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Castle, DE) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial I terrier over the phone after applying online.I was invited for a in-person interview where I met with the manager,I was asked a series of questions as to how I would handle customers. I did well on that and was told about the job.when it came to availability for hours,,they were not flexible at all.over the phone I was told that the job consisted of 3 weekdays and 3 saturdays a month,the supervisor told me at the store that,most would be weekends and some weekday help.I feel like I was deceived because I wasn't told the truth.no offer was made to me either.just a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how would I handle an angry customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Queensbury, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview was conducted by a very nice lady named Michelle. She first explained a bit about the company- the history of Home Depot, the values of the company and she shared that our store has dozens of people who have been working there since the store opened. After she gathered some of my general information, she asked me about who I am as a person, what my home life is like, and weather I have prior experience with the position I was applying for. She then gave me several scenario questions to answer about customer service, dealing with fellow associates, and typical "what would you do if..." inquiries.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation you've been through where you disagreed with an associate or a manager and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered several positions to choose from but the pay rate was the same for all of them.

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very generic interview process. Received a phone call requesting a face to face meeting. HR rep talked about positions available and led us on tour around the building.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • How would you approach a customer who looked like they were lost and looking for something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Zurich, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Overly complex online process, two unnecessarily long tests. One phone screen from a remote office. Lastly one last 1:1 interview that was more of a confirmation, than an interview. Rarely saw the hiring manager afterward, most of my onboarding was with the help of department employees who cared.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience with Garden   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Beaverton, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

simple- first with hr then with asst. store manager then store manager covering basic history of education and work. followed by their information about company and job requirements and asked about my questions which related to pay, benefits and guarantee of full time. the overall experience was easy yet not a given to get the job.

Interview Questions

• why i wanted to work there   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Collinsville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Before my in-person interview, I had an over the phone screening, where they scheduled my in-person interview. Went in 15 minutes before my scheduled interview, was asked several basic questions, and the interviewer already had paperwork prepared, so I'm assuming that I was already hired before the actual interview itself. Was then asked to go to a lab a few towns over for a drug test that same day. Took about three or four days after that before I was called to scheduled my first few days of training. I was then in training for three days before being put onto the floor proper.

Anonymous Employee in Harahan, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Harahan, LA) in July 2014.

Interview

The manager who hired me was very friendly, professional and outgoing and spoke with me at great length to explain the position I applied for. It wasn't a rush interview and it was easy to speak with the manager during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year working for The Home Depot?   1 Answer