The Home Depot Full Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.1

902 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

it was very simple. I was taken to the training room and was asked a couple of questions that were mostly based upon real life senerios. The interviewer was very friendly, and the whole process took about 20 minutes.

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. They ask you specific questions regarding the position you applied for. I applied to be a paint associate but ended up getting interviewed and hired in as a head cashier since the position was needed. Most people get hired in once they pass their background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why would you like to work at the Home Depot? Q: What are your previous experiences regarding the position you applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lodi, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I called and talked to HR department of Lodi Home Depot. I've kept doing so until I finally got an interview call. I was so happy and excited. I had to wait two days for my interview. There were two interviews that day. I had one early at 9am and second at 2pm. His name was Martin and he asked me a couple of questions (7 possibly). Lastly the store manager, Hazel, asked me two questions. I thought it went well for Martin, but Hazel seems to be really constructive...I thought I had it but with over 40 applicants that applied I stand no chance.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you want to work at Home Depot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Springs, CA).

Interview

Friendly and stress free environment. I was on time and so were they. Other employees treated you as if you were already hired.
    I felt welcomed and not like a stranger.

Interview Questions

• If I can handle difficult situations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

Took about almost 3 weeks, had 2 interviews. The first was just 6 basic questions (multiple parts to some questions) they ask to everyone. The second was to complete a background check and drug test. The employees are very professional and helpful. Store Manager was also very nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer was upset?   2 Answers
    • What would you enjoy most about this job?   2 Answers
    • What would you least enjoy about this job?   2 Answers
    • Name a time when you had to overcome a problem and how did you resolve it?   2 Answers
    • Since you'll be the last person the customer sees how can you help them have the best experience. Walk through the details and why.   2 Answers
    • If a customer was rude to you, how would you react?   2 Answers
    • what qualities do you have that you think fit this job?   2 Answers
    • If a customer asked you about a product you didn't know about how would you react?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dickson City, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dickson City, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy and pain free to go through. The interviewer asks questions specific to the type of company, but nothing someone who might not have an experience in the home improvement world would be unable to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you needed to utilize both accuracy and speed?   1 Answer

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Interview

Was ok and asked how are you on Murillo occasions but was just a interview years ago so wasn't that bad looking back at it anyways this 30 word min

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Super easy questions. Applied online and completed assessment test online. Got an email setting up a phone interview. After passing phone interview, was called by the actual store to set up a one-on-one interview. Arrived at store and brought back to office. Interview lasted just a few minutes and offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to balance both speed and accuracy.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if someone approached you with a question about a product or service and you did not know the answer.   1 Answer
    • How would you react if a customer spoke to you in a rude manner to complain.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to complete a screening by telephone, asked my availability and outlined the duties and pay and hours. Had interview with asm (assistant store manager) and then immediately had with the store manager. Accepted an offer and began training, training was mostly computer courses and then shadowing...from application to official hiring was about 3 weeks. 3 weeks of training

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email, telling me to call an 800 number to set up my in-person interview. The in-person interview was short, simple and quick. I was asked only 3 questions related to the position that I was applying for.