The Home Depot Head Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.2

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Conroe, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Supposed to have interviewed with an ASM during the first interview, but the ASM couldn't be bothered, so I was interviewed by the ASDS [in-store HR manager]. Passed the interview, and then was scheduled for a second, final interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer wanting an item that is currently out of stock? What resources would you use, and what solutions could you offer the customer?   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. They ask you specific questions regarding the position you applied for. I applied to be a paint associate but ended up getting interviewed and hired in as a head cashier since the position was needed. Most people get hired in once they pass their background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why would you like to work at the Home Depot? Q: What are your previous experiences regarding the position you applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dickson City, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dickson City, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy and pain free to go through. The interviewer asks questions specific to the type of company, but nothing someone who might not have an experience in the home improvement world would be unable to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you needed to utilize both accuracy and speed?   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Super easy questions. Applied online and completed assessment test online. Got an email setting up a phone interview. After passing phone interview, was called by the actual store to set up a one-on-one interview. Arrived at store and brought back to office. Interview lasted just a few minutes and offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to balance both speed and accuracy.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if someone approached you with a question about a product or service and you did not know the answer.   1 Answer
    • How would you react if a customer spoke to you in a rude manner to complain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Live Oak, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Live Oak, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I feel my application a week later I went to the store told them I filled out an application online they ask me my name and asked me if I could come in the next day for an interview

Interview Questions

• If I was walking through the department and a customer needed help what would I do?   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2016.

Interview

The process was quick and easy. They were very friendly during the entire process and the questions were not challenging at all. They only asked me questions related to my experience in retail .

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Augusta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was promoted from within, very easy interview. I had already been doing the job for about 3 months before they made it offical. They did a few roleplaying scenarios, and basic questions about handling cash, customers, and difficult associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pace, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pace, FL).

Interview

Very formal. Relevant questions are asked. Most answers are based on real life experiences. Interviewer is a manager that you work with often, so there is familiarity with work ethic and personalities. Interviews are often conducted during shifts. Once the choice has been made, all candidates are notified of a choice before the chosen candidate is notified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time about when you a decision that reflected your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cedar Park, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the Front End Supervisor and Ops. Manager. Very comfortable during both. Interview was personable and asked questions that were truly applicable and focused. We reviewed what I had done to date, along with classes and those I was interested in taking in the future. I was asked how I would handle various situations and if I had any concerns about taking the position. I was then asked if I had any question or hesitations about the position. All of these were done in a very easy going atmosphere. I never felt uncomfortable or uneasy. I felt they truly wanted what was best for the company and me.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Unorganized. Upon arrival the interviewer wasn't there had to wait 15 minutes and then I was switch to another person to conduct the interview because the ASM was too busy so the department head came to interview and then was told to come back so that ASM can interview me. The person I was suppose to meet with was to busy and another ASM interviewed me and had to re-take the drug test over. Waited about a week before the test was back and then I started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You are told the rate during the phone interview