The Home Depot Merchandise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.3

155 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palisades, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palisades, NY).

Interview

Asked me questions on experience, as long as you think prior to the interview about all of your experiences and does that relate to the Home Depot you will be fine.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process for the MP role is lengthy and challenging, but well worth it. I started interviewing with a recruiter in February 2017. There was a simple phone call, followed by an assessment about a week later. A month after, there is a group interview at the HQ in Atlanta. It is a case study followed by some general behavioral questions. A week or so after the in-person interview, there is a final phone call and then the offer is given.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy. Didn't shed a year. No awkward moments and was offered a job on the spot. One of the easiest job interviews I ever had. Was working in less than 2 weeks from interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect in an employer?   1 Answer

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was very streamlined. You fill out your information on the Home Depot website for the job you're applying for. If selected to go forward, then you will be asked to complete a quick assessment that takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. The hiring party will then decide rather or not to move forward with an interview.

If selected for an interview, you will receive an email message asking you to call a number and answer some brief questions to further qualify the applicant before it's determined an in-face interview will be scheduled. If decided you qualify for in-face interview, it will be scheduled at this time.

he interviewer is really pleasant and thorough. The interviewer will walk you thru the store so you get a hands on demonstration of the actually job duties you would perform if hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever admitted you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Would you assist a co-worker if you saw them struglling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Butler, PA).

Interview

Applied online it took them 3 weeks to call back and i got a phone interview with a voice recording then a real person. Then i got a store interview. She asked a few scenario questions. Then at the end of the interview I was informed they had 3 other people to interview and that a store associate wanted the position and that current employees get top priority.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle hazardous material on the sales floor?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview over the phone is a series of questions regarding skills, scenarios, time availability, safety concerns, and desire to work in the Home Depot environment. The second interview is in the store with a Supervisor. Several questions to answer regarding work ethic, knowledge of the position in which you are applying, and history of experience in relation to the work requirements. Hours, wages, and expectations are also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you feel you had many tasks to complete in a short amount of time. Did you meet the requirement and how did you prioritize those tasks in order to do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lagrange, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I've already had two interviews, for two different positions. Usually two people are interviewing you and taking notes. First they asked me what shift I wanted to work, then they had 8 general questions. As you make sure you work in an environment that meets the standards of being safe. You do at the moment of completing your work, but you are constantly interrupted. Those are examples of how easy questions are.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upper Marlboro, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I heard back from THD Retailing Staffing Center 2 days after I applied and then the following week I had my interview from scheduled. The interviewer showed me a little hands on of what was required me if i was to be hired

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lebanon, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email and called the phone number. The phone interview was automated and consisted of yes/no questions. I then spoke to a person over the phone who asked me standardized questions and set up me up for an interview at the store. The store interview consisted of ten standardized questions.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out an online application, followed by an online 30 question assessment. I then received a call from their staffing office, and had to answer a few questions. Finally had an in-person interview. I have not been contacted. I sent a followup email, but received no answer.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you provided outstanding customer service.   Answer Question