The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,843 Interview Reviews

2.2

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

..The worst interview I ever had....cross examination questions, then dissected all my answers, probing to see if I were a racist....kept me for an hour and a half....inexperienced floor manager who was not there long enough....they seem to hire mostly retirees.....I rather just be the customer.....with my work background with call centers, it just seemed way too difficult to get in for only 11 bucks an hour...

Interview Questions

• ...What do you do to relieve stress on the job ? How do you work with other people from other cultures ? What was your most difficult decision making on the past jobs you have had and how did you resolve it ?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Enfield, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen, 1:1 interview with manager. Process took about two months. Originally, told the store didn't have any openings. The supervisor called and asked to meet. Interview was rather difficult all situational questions. Departments: were not easy to pick from. Required measuring and cutting.

Can Opener Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

Interview

great process of asking unimportant questions. they be asking about background and stuff, but i be telling them about front ground. They be dumbfounded. I get job, with the good pay. nice people give good discount to people.

Workforce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Interview process was very long. Took about a month just to have a face to face interview. Too many phone interviews, not much to discuss after 5th phone interview. Interviewer was rude, eating during interview and using slang, sloppiness, just down right unprofessional. She went on almost the entire interview about how her flight was delayed and how she lives at the airport. It seemed very clear as she spoke negatively about the company, low pay, no raises given, she fought for her raise and not her direct reports. She seemed to talk in code for R.U.N.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would teach someone how to forecast?   1 Answer

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth and too long. 3 hrs to be exact and I dont think that it should be that long known the fact the interviews are for over 50 potential candidatesThe interview process was very in depth and too long. 3 hrs to be exact and I dont think that it should be that long known the fact the interviews are for over 50 potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical The interview process was very in depth and too long. 3 hrs to be exact and I dont think that it should be that long known the fact the interviews are for over 50 potential candidates.   1 Answer

Specialty Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Lake, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (White Lake, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

It was an interview with two managers, both were somewhat young. Both managers sat across from me and asked situational, role playing questions. Did not discuss my background at all.

Interview Questions

• They did mostly role-playing and scenarios. Odd things that really do not occur in real life.   1 Answer
    • One situation was: If a cashier who was pregnant had a long line, but it was time for her break and nobody was available except for one person who was assisting a customer, what would you do?   1 Answer

Because these two managers were very immature and would have been my direct supervisors. They never questioned me regarding my ability to perform the job. When I asked about the particulars of my position, they really did not have much information about the prior assistant manager or what that person did. I felt I was going in blind and setting myself up for failure and frustration.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Took forever. They don't give you much heads up. No preparation for the interview. Ridiculous questions that don't apply as usual to real world scenarios. Blah blah blah blah. They act like family is everything but your milked out till you break.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a perfect choice. What do you do for a store that has high shrink. How do you solve conflict between two Astana managers.   Answer Question

Department Supervisor With Keys Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for a different departments and I was interviewed in a room that's and employees kept on going in and out throw the whole interview time. The manager was distracted and wa not pay any attention to what I was saying

Interview Questions

• Experience how much experience do I have   1 Answer

I didn't think the money was right

General Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Queensbury, NY).

Interview

Applied on line and sent in resume. Was called with alot of general questions and an interview was scheduled at the store I was hoping to get into. Showed up 5 minutes early and ask to speck to the person who I was given a name to talk to. Was told that person had left for the day. I was told to come back when they were on for interview the next day. Samething happened the next day and was told no one had any idea that there was a scheduled interview. One of the other night managers came up and I told them how this was the second day I was given a time a the interviewer was not there. The night manager said I'll give one but will have to come back again to see other manager. It was rushed with the interviewer not even showing any interest in what I was saying.
    Was given a test mostly on I belive lost prevention question.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

applied on line . had interview on phone . he told me I will have interview in the store . I went in at 9 am . interviewer was late for more than half hour . he asked me too many questions and I answered them all , he liked my answers and he told me call Monday and talk to Loretta for another interview , I called the lady and I told her about interview . she said oh he did not select you .

Interview Questions

• tell me about your job experience .   1 Answer