The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2018
4,035 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

First interview was with an Assistant Store Manager. They asked me a series of questions and graded each of my answers. If you get a second interview you pretty much have the job. The second interview was with another ASM and a meet and greet with the Store Manager. The second interview was basically a recap of the first interview. We also figured out which department would be a great fit for me.

Interview Questions

• List a time when you had to overcome obstacles to perform the job or task?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Missouri City, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview than an in person interview where I was made a job offer. Interview process was pretty straight forward with a lot of yes/no type questions. Not difficult whats so ever.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online in November 2017 and it was not until February 2018 that they sent me an email to select the day and time that my interview wanted. On February 20, 2018, it was my interview at 3:00 p.m. They asked me several questions just gave my best smile and answer what I was properly asked. The same day they offered me the position and they also did the drug test in the same store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Why do you understand that you are qualified to be a cashier at home depot?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach customer service being the last employee seen in the store?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you about a product you know nothing about?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer that has a complaint about a product or service?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if a customer asks you for a product that sold out in this store?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2017.

Interview

They feed you a bunch of BS about how much "The Home Depot" cares so much about its associates but please don't feed into it. It like every other job a lot of politics, & favoritism.

Interview Questions

• They only asked questions about my work history and my work ethics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

There were 2 interviews and then an immediate mouth swab drug test. I was taken to my first interview which consisted of basic customer service questions and scenario questions. I was then taken to a second interview with the store manager which consisted of availability and logistical questions. I fortunately impressed him enough to hire me on as a full-time position, which he apparently seldom does. Enthusiasm goes a long way!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer approached you in a rude manner and what was the way you responded?   Answer Question
    • Describe an accomplishment you’ve made in your career and what you did to accomplish it.   Answer Question
    • Why the Home Depot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Aurora, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

You apply online, get an email if there's an open position, and do a questionnaire from an email link. If you finish the questionnaire with the answers it wants, it'll set you up for an interview time. Showing up for that interview, an employee takes you to the staff room to sit for a few minutes, then into a room near or attached to that one for the interview itself. You're first asked to verify everything on your application, then the 4-5 scripted questions start.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you believe would make you the best candidate for this position, and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Asked about 6 questions on how u would with interest w customers very easy interview drug test & background check happens about a day later . Pay is about 11.50 a hr during peak seasons after that if goes down

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First Online technical exam would be there . There are 15 questions on Core Java, Html, CSS we have to complete in 15 minutes,then talk with manager and then technical interview.

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at their job fair. All behavioural questions. After initial round, HR called for interview with Assistant store manager/department supervisor. Got offer within a week. Should be fine as long as you can understand and concoct an answer right there.

Interview Questions

• Previous customer service/warehouse type experience. What are your weaknesses/strengths? What would you do in a conflicting situation?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Smyrna, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

They just bring you to a room and have you sit there and talk to the project leads you’d be a potential match with. Then they mostly just explained their projects and asked about your past projects and struggles.