The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017
3,677 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty detailed, I liked how they didn't just look at your resume and asked basic questions, but they tried to get a feel for how you problem solve, etc. It was pretty relaxed.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The initial interview process was a series of what appeared to be psychological questions taken online . Afterwards I was notified that I was selected for an in-person interview. The in-person interview took place in the store, and was very professional and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Certain scenarios were given and you were asked if you a) very strongly disagreed;b) strongly disagreed; c)disagreed; d)agreed; e) strongly agreed; f)very strongly agreed.....I think you get the picture.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Madison, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

The questions were on point. They asked you to role play and sell a complete project. The hiring manager was very professional. They also asked about previous successes and failures.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through buying all of the parts for a faucet installation.   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Little Rock, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

the process was quick and easy,the questions seemed easy enough to answer. the interview part was fairly simple.but now having problems trying to explain the whole process and why the lengthy interview description.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lodi, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I called and talked to HR department of Lodi Home Depot. I've kept doing so until I finally got an interview call. I was so happy and excited. I had to wait two days for my interview. There were two interviews that day. I had one early at 9am and second at 2pm. His name was Martin and he asked me a couple of questions (7 possibly). Lastly the store manager, Hazel, asked me two questions. I thought it went well for Martin, but Hazel seems to be really constructive...I thought I had it but with over 40 applicants that applied I stand no chance.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you want to work at Home Depot?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I received an email from the HR representative who liked my resume. The email was to setup a in-person interview with the hiring manager. I found this process to be highly inefficient.

It turned out the first interview should have been conducted over the phone and not in-person. I would suggest they adjust their interview procedures so that a vetting process is in place rather than have an in-person vetting of candidates.

Also, the hiring manager drilled me with questions and I had to ask at the end of the interview what position he held with the company - very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle various learning and design requests if they needed to change last minute....   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

I was given an overview of the job position and its expectations, then asked a series of about 10 questions. After the interview, I was told that some of my answers were vague. Be specific about how you would handle difficult situations - this will help you stand out from other applicants. (Additionally, it is advantageous to be friendly, make eye contact, and dress semi-professionally.)

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer and then a second, more impatient customer came forward and demanded assistance, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, your experiences, and why you want to work in this position.   Answer Question
    • Imagine you are working in the lumber department on a busy Saturday, and a customer comes forward to ask you what materials are needed to build a deck. After about 30 minutes of discussion, the customer says he is going to leave. What would you do to keep the customer's attention and try to make a sale?   Answer Question
    • Imagine you are working at the customer service desk. Inventory is due in 30 minutes, and an impatient customer comes forward with a complaint. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was easy/normal. Worked with a recruiter mainly and HR after the offer. Phone interview. In person interview. Offer. One group training day. Worked in the store the next day. At desk day 3 diving in head first.

In Store Promoter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Opelika, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a short pre-screening call and was then asked for a face to face interview. I met with 2 employees from corporate who were very friendly and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What is an activity you perform every day which requires precision.   1 Answer

GWA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ontario, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

T'was my longest interview to date. The process took five hours to receive the job offer. Fairly easy interview process. However, i must note that I was going against hundreds and hundreds of candidates in a mass hire event, so maybe the process was so long because of that, but it will probably last roughly two hours.