The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Senior recruiter, Korinne Powell. She asked me about my projects and some basic resume questions. I was then called for an onsite interview followed by a phone screen. Throughout the interview process, Korinne was very kind and helpful with her prompt responses and I do believe we need more recruiters like her, she made the whole interview process easier for me . And the interviewers were really experienced and were understanding. Overall it was a very positive experience thanks to their excellent recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at The Home Depot?   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Naperville, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

It was a day of open interviews, they took me from a group and asked me basic questions like how would you help a customer or what do you think would make you good for this job. After I passed the first interview with a department head I waited a bit then had a second one with the store manager. This was a lot more about the job and less about me and my values and all that

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer complained about the service they received while shopping in the store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

So usually the interview process is pretty easy mine just was not that. I had 3 interviews. 2 with managers and 1 with the store manager. For some reason there was some confusion between them. Like I said its usually not that difficult

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

Everyone from the head of HR to security behind the front desk was incredibly friendly and personable. It felt more like I was chatting with old friends rather than being interviewed.

From the time that I applied to the time that I got an offer was less than four days. Applied online, auto-generated e-mail invited me to take and complete an online pre-interview/skills assessment. Recruiter e-mailed that night and invited me to select a day/time for their on-site interview at corporate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond to please a customer.   Answer Question

Back Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied when the position opened up in my store. I had previously been working on the sales floor. It was a pretty calm interview, with just the basic job interview questions you’re asled when applying to any other position.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous experience prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter (about two months elapsed) for initial interview. Subsequent second round phone interview with hiring manager soon thereafter. Third round Skype interview with hiring manger the following week and fourth round on site interview with hiring manager and director (about two weeks later).
    Overall good experience, seems like a great company!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Extensive , 1-2 month process , on phone interview , 2 assessments , in person interview . Testing before hired at office , did paperwork and drug testing the same day on the spot. Met managers and other employees

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online, after a few weeks got a call to setup an in-person interview. Went in for the interview, went to the back of the store and met the manager. He asked me a few questions and then I went on my way.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Wilmington, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

When i went in for my interview they were very proffesional as far as recieving me, but the interview was not personal as it is a large company. The interview just consisted of a list of standardized questions rambled off of a sheet of paper, by someone who couldnt wait to get me out of there office.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview

3 interviews ending with HR and training. In-person interviews FOR ALL THREE. In addition to a hiring manager, you may meet with department managers, employees, and other staff members.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in the home improvement industry.   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief, standard questions, no surprises. I answered an internet advertisement where I applied on line and took a battery of test which amounted to a personality test and an IQ test and a test of common knowledge. This process took more than an hour. Next took a telephone interview from HR in Ga after which I was referred to a local area store in LA. I went to the face to face interview at the store where I was interview by an assistant store manager who was in charge of the department to which I seemed most likely to have an immediate fit, as well as two others. I was immediately offered a job subject to passing a drug screen and background check. After the drug screen and background check were completed I was hired and reported to begin an intensive online training sessions which took a couple of weeks before beginning my "live" training on the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions I was asked came from a script held by each interviewer. Essentially, They asked Why I applied to the Home Depot. Why I wanted to work there? Had I done any research about the store, was I a "do it your self" kind of guy" Where did I see my self working in the store if I were to be hired? Did I have any restrictions for myschedule or my abilities.   1 Answer