The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,141 Interview Reviews

2.2

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Escondido, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I received a call - automated. i was told I would be asked several questions press 1 for yes 2 for no and if i answered no to the following questions I would automatically be disqualified. I was qualified and then given a date and time for an interview. Interview was scheduled and on the day of the interview i followed the instructions I received in the confirmation email I arrived 10 mins early, I went to the help desk and gave the young woman my name and she called to someone in the human resource dept. She then told me where to go I followed her instructions and a home depot employee who was walking ahead of me stopped to speak to someone and I asked her if she could point me to which door she volunteered to take me to the HR managers office, When we arrived the employee door opened and it was like complete mayhem, about 8 Home Depot employees were packed into this tiny office all talking at the same time and then the man in the middle who I was not introduced to nor did he introduce himself mainly because he couldn't get out the door, and I dont think he gave a crap, The woman who brought me there had claimed some sort of patch and was fairly excited she then had me follow her to what looked to be a conference room with a small office located in the corner, she went over ans said something to the man setting at the desk and he said show her in, I then was motioned over and introduced myself and shook his hand and he sighed and sat down and looked me straight in the eye and said "I am sorry but I normally don't do interviews, I personally don't care for them I am usually on the floor moving and keeping busy so if i happen to yawn or fall asleep during your interview don't take it personal" ...my thoughts "Really dude?'" my verbal replay"Well I will do my best to keep you awake while you interview me" He asked me Why home depot, at this point I was asking myself the same thing. I replied with enthusiasm "Why Not?" he then asked me what i would do if two employees were to start arguing on the floor, my reply was well I am not a referee but i would do my best to distract them by changing the subject and if it continued I would ask for a manager to come speak with them, then he asked me a couple of more questions I answered them with the correct answer and then he looked at his watch, 8 mins in to the interview - he explained to me the process and not to contact them. He didn't stand when I exited he shook my hand only because I extended mine and I left. I got home and in my email was a survey - a freaking survey from home depot but linked me to vegalink.com asking me to click on items below that I interest me or click to continue to homedepot.com I clicked to continue and I was asked about 10 questions to rate my interview with Home depot I gave them all unsatisfied when asked if I would recommend friends or family to shop home depot I said NO. This wasn't the last two weeks later I get another request for an interview for merchandiser I attended same store different interviewer and this one had no paper to write down my answers or looked like she was intending to pass my info on to her manager she wrote my name doodles some circles around it and it was the back side of her job reset she was working on knowing that at the end of the day that it will be so damaged from constant handling that it will not be readable or she will throw it away forgetting my info was on it. Came home same situation email survey etc. This is something not right going on with this link for coupons and Home Depot the fact that I get email from what seems to be Home Depot about my job and you can see the word "CONGRATULATIONS" and all it turns out to be is a 3rd party wanting to send coupons and fill out a survey. This had to have been the most degrading company and job interview I have been through , I am 55 yra old a female and the next week they send me a job offer for Lot attendant! Loading of ply wood brooms ladders , plants cleaning the parking lot and pushing carts. Seriously Home Depot? What a disappointment Home Depot of Escondido, if I was given the opportunity I could show them how to run a store the way it should be run and i would show them how to interview someone the professionally and how to correctly represent Home Depot. My interpretation of the two I was interviewed by - The 1st, he doesn't care because he is trying to move stuff not people, The second one, the woman, was ridiculously out of sort had a attitude that she is a gift to Home Depot and they should be working for her... Very disappointed not only how i was interviewed but the time I wasted and could have found a job that would be thrilled to have me work for them.

Interview Questions

• Why home depot?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if two home depot employees started arguing on the floor in front of others?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bethlehem, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

professional and thorough I submitted my application on line and received a call in a timely manner. The interview was scheduled and the job was described to me and the company was also reviewed. Advancement was discussed.

Interview Questions

• past experience, how long working at previous job   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Norwalk, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief and held at a store locations. The interviewer asked what seemed like pre-selected questions from an HR department. I took what could have been a verbal personality test. The interview process was relaxed and comfortable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ogden, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very straight forward and quick. Everything made send that they asked and it was pretty basic. You need an understanding of call centers and how they work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I got an email to pick a time to go in for an interview. i had an interview early in the week and a 2nd interview that Friday. I am still waiting to hear back from them since the store is changing managers during the time i interview . over all the interview process was not that bad

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vancouver, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

It was a very simple process with phone screen, coding and multiple rounds of interviews. each round is based on success of previous rounds. Last round is behavioral and personality.

Interview Questions

• Simple C# questions and puzzles   1 Answer

Mea Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Laurel, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. After filling the on line application, I did a phone interview then i had a one on one interview in store, met with the MET supervisor, then background and drug test and i was given an offer that i accepted

HDE Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Erie, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was easy. The interviewing manager was really cool and down to earth. We actually met at a perkins where he bought me breakfast. Really great experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very informal. Interviewer explained that the questions he had to ask were required, not necessarily what he would ask. Interview went well, never heard back from them.
    Has been months, still no word. I figured out I didn't get the job, just let me know. Very unprofessional aspect.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve a conflict   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and quick, which i liked but not to explanatory. There could have been more information on what the job consisted of. That would be my only conern

Interview Questions

• they went ahead and asked about my prior experience and how well my customer service was. Another important question that they went ahead and asked was how well i would be able to work on a team   Answer Question