The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.3

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The whole situation (i.e., arriving and waiting) was a bit confusing at first but by the time I was greeted by the interviewer, everything came together. There were around 7-8 interview questions asked. They were all pretty predictable, the typical interview questions. Dress code was business casual but some interviewees came in casual clothes (i.e., jeans and long sweater).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Called me in from applying online as it was fairly easy, a lot of situational questions and how does your experience help you for the job you are applying for. Filled out a packet of questions for the first interview. Said wait 3-7 days to see if you get a call back to come in for the second interview with the store manager and the drug test.

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Interview

Applied on a Monday and got a call the next day asked a few questions to see if I qualified for the position, then scheduled a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked the typical get to know you questions and scenarios   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Collinsville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Before my in-person interview, I had an over the phone screening, where they scheduled my in-person interview. Went in 15 minutes before my scheduled interview, was asked several basic questions, and the interviewer already had paperwork prepared, so I'm assuming that I was already hired before the actual interview itself. Was then asked to go to a lab a few towns over for a drug test that same day. Took about three or four days after that before I was called to scheduled my first few days of training. I was then in training for three days before being put onto the floor proper.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

It took forever to be able to get the actual interview but once I did I was comfortable enough to get a one on one experience with the guy who was going to be my boss. He hired me right on the spot and taught me how to be a really good employee

Interview Questions

• Can you handle high volume customer service efficiently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Queensbury, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview was conducted by a very nice lady named Michelle. She first explained a bit about the company- the history of Home Depot, the values of the company and she shared that our store has dozens of people who have been working there since the store opened. After she gathered some of my general information, she asked me about who I am as a person, what my home life is like, and weather I have prior experience with the position I was applying for. She then gave me several scenario questions to answer about customer service, dealing with fellow associates, and typical "what would you do if..." inquiries.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation you've been through where you disagreed with an associate or a manager and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered several positions to choose from but the pay rate was the same for all of them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

canned interview consisting of six questions fairly general in nature primarily concerning customer service. First interview with Assistant store manager with follow up with store manager. Due to canned nature of questions really requires individual to expound on answers and provide meaningful related work experience. Format does not really provide opportunity for interviewer to get to know the job candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if customer wanted an item that was out of stock in your location?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non existent

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Well you are interviewed by 2 Department Supervisors, the DS of Garden and sometimes another Department where help is needed. They ask real basic questions, "have you ever worked retail" "do you have experience with garden products" "what would you do in this situation". stuff like that. softballs really

Interview Questions

• Situational question about an unruly customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Castle, DE) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial I terrier over the phone after applying online.I was invited for a in-person interview where I met with the manager,I was asked a series of questions as to how I would handle customers. I did well on that and was told about the job.when it came to availability for hours,,they were not flexible at all.over the phone I was told that the job consisted of 3 weekdays and 3 saturdays a month,the supervisor told me at the store that,most would be weekends and some weekday help.I feel like I was deceived because I wasn't told the truth.no offer was made to me either.just a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how would I handle an angry customer.   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked me around 5 questions pertaining to previous experiences in the workplace. All situation based. Very easy going interview. The person interviewing me liked me due to my past experience working at a repair shop. I had no previous experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you achieved a goal? What would you do if a customer asked about a product or service that you could not provide? How can your knowledge from previous jobs apply to what you'd be doing here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was given a chance in the phone interview to discuss schedule and pay, however during the 1:1 interview I was not given a chance to re discuss it.