The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,436 Interview Reviews

2.3

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Thought provoking. They want to see how you view scenarios and if you're able to both think on your feet while maintaining standard operating procedure. The interviewer was polite but direct. You could tell he knew what he was searching for.

Interview Questions

• What happens if you're approached with knew tasks but you know your current tasks will keep you busy till end of shift?   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very laid back and not hard at all. he questions were very basic and you don't need to practice the interview questions tbh. I was offered the job after the last question and it was only my second interview ever.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to learn a lot of information at once.   1 Answer

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a automated call and it let me set up which date id like for the interview. After that, I went and met with 2 people, one was the hiring manager & the other I presume to be the general manager. The GM asked me 3-4 questions and the hiring manager took notes. They really let me express myself with these questions. After that I kindly thanked them and handed my resume. Even though they already had printed it. I left the room and just as I was exiting 2 mins later, I got called back by the hiring manager who gave me the offer. Really pleasant interview and challenging with questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your work history   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer who is upset and is lashing out on everyone?   Answer Question
    • What can you do to connect more with the customer? How do you get them to be engaging?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lagrange, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I've already had two interviews, for two different positions. Usually two people are interviewing you and taking notes. First they asked me what shift I wanted to work, then they had 8 general questions. As you make sure you work in an environment that meets the standards of being safe. You do at the moment of completing your work, but you are constantly interrupted. Those are examples of how easy questions are.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upper Marlboro, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I heard back from THD Retailing Staffing Center 2 days after I applied and then the following week I had my interview from scheduled. The interviewer showed me a little hands on of what was required me if i was to be hired

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online to get a phone screen, which lasted about 30 min and was very laid back. There were a few behavioral and situational interview questions, but nothing technical. A few weeks later, I received an email telling me I was invited to interview onsite at the Store Support Center in Atlanta. This was a 2.5 hr process that involved taking a tour of the building and watching a presentation about the internship program. Then I had an interview with two associates who asked 6 behavioral questions followed by a verbal case study with another interviewer. I received a phone call and offer letter (via email) less than two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project where you had to use out of the box thinking to reach a solution.
      What is an example of a time you were given a task you didn't have the resources to complete?
      When was a time you had to brainstorm to solve a problem?
      Before the case study, it's a good idea to brush up on NPV, DCF, CM, and cash flows analysis. It's also good to show that you can evaluate intangible costs/benefits.
      Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lebanon, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email and called the phone number. The phone interview was automated and consisted of yes/no questions. I then spoke to a person over the phone who asked me standardized questions and set up me up for an interview at the store. The store interview consisted of ten standardized questions.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening. I was notified that I received an interview a week or so later, and I travelled to their corporate office (The Home Depot SSC) in Atlanta. There were about 8 other interviewees with me, and we were taken on a tour of their incredible facility before having an orientation session of the history and structure of THD. Afterwards, we were escorted to the individual rooms in which we were going to be interviewed-- there were 2 interviews about 30 minutes apiece. First interview was strictly situational and resume-related. There were two employees and it was extremely casual and conversational. The second was a case study, but it was completely doable with a simple understanding of financials and business-knowledge. A very personable and intimate process for a company of that size and prestige.

Interview Questions

• If The Home Depot were to deviate from a product they currently sell and launch their own version, what are some of the factors that should be evaluated?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sparks, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with one upper management and local sales manager. Mostly about customer service and taking care of the customer. How to handle all types of customers to ensure good experience

Interview Questions

• how to handle upset customer   1 Answer

Manager of Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

Interview

Did a phone screen with the hiring manager before being brought on-site. Interviewed with three different people and had to prepare a case study. The team was very personable. The only drawback was that there was a change in recruitment and took longer than expected to get feedback on an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain something very complex and technical to somebody that was not in a technical role   Answer Question