The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017
3,851 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Everett, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Rather drawn out to absurd lengths. Three separate interviews, one with HR, another with a salaried assistant store manager, the last with the store manage for a part-time, hourly position.

Interview Questions

• The usual: tell of a time when you provided excellent customer service; discuss an incident where you had to deal with an angry customer; etc, etc, ad nauseum.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The process was fairly standard. basic interview questions. As long as you are prepared and professional you will be fine. Know about home depot and the variety of great services that they offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Tool Repair Technician Interview

Interview

Within 2 days of filling out the online application and completing the online test, The manager called to set up an interview with the assistant manager for the following day. The interview lasted ~15 minutes and consisted of 5 predetermined questions.

Interview Questions

• All 5 questions consisted of scenarios- Describe a time when... teamwork, deadline, customer, learning from peers, etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy. Mostly standard questions and "what would you..''. The person was very nice and looked like she genuinely care to find right fit for the position. Personnel was very friendly. I was offered position on the spot. Drug test and background check took few days. Overall process was quite easy and fast . So far I'me very happy.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with angry customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with rude customer?   1 Answer
    • What are ways you're trying to get better for your position apart company training (something like this, don't remember word by word).   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Springs, CA).

Interview

Friendly and stress free environment. I was on time and so were they. Other employees treated you as if you were already hired.
    I felt welcomed and not like a stranger.

Interview Questions

• If I can handle difficult situations   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Fairly easy. Applied online. Didn't hear back from anyone for a couple of weeks. Asked general interview questions about past jobs and experiences. The process was simple compared to some of the other interviews I have experienced with smaller businesses.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Few days after you apply for Home Depot, they will call you up for on the phone interview. If your interview was successful, you will receive a face to face interview with the employer.

Lot Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple questions, went great overall. Everything that was needed to know was instructed, was very well structured. Was offered the job on the spot and I personally gladly accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I received a call two weeks later to set up an interview. The associate who took me to the backroom was the one who interviewed me (I think it was supposed to be the assistant manager but he was busy at the moment). She asked me questions from a packet, and they are fairly easy if you prepare for them. Afterward, I went into another room where the assistant manager was. He told me that I was going to do a drug test and sign paperwork for the background check. He also asked for my availability, but because of this, I didn't receive the position.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experiences make you qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were put in a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry or rude customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would handle a situation if a customer asked for a product that is not available/in stock.   Answer Question
    • How would you close the sale with a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, it took a few weeks to get an email back. It informed me that i would receive a phone call. It was an automated call asking if i was still interested and about hours and salary, ending with scheduling an appointment for an in person interview. I then received an email about my in person interview. 3 days later i had my in person interview. Got there 15 min early and went to the returns area and was to where to go from there. The lady who interviewed me came out shortly after and was very kind and eased my anxiety right away. They go over your online application and make sure everything is right. Then they read you questions out of a packet and write down your answers. The lady informed me that they had me set to work in the flooring department and ask if i would be able to life heavy tiles. As i am a 5'4" 104 pound female, i didn't feel that i could. The lady informed me that it was okay that they wanted to put you in a place that would work for you as to not set you up to fail. I asked what other departments were open. She informed me that they had tool rental as well as cashier availability. She then showed me around the tool rental area and introduced me to the cashier's head supervisor. After that we went back to the office and was asked what area i would be interested in and i told her that any of those areas would work. She then asked me if i was in a rush and informed her that i wasn't. I was then back in the waiting area, as going to be talking to the manager. Shortly after the manager introduced himself and we went to his office. We mostly talked about ourselves and a bit about the job. After that i went back to the lady who i originally spoke too. She informed me that i was offered a cashier position. After that we signed forms, one for a background check(takes about 1-2days) then did a drug test (oral swab). My orientation is the following saturday.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer was rude to you out of the blue?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you saw a customer that looked confused?   Answer Question
    • a customer is upset with a person on another department what do you do?   Answer Question
    • what is a time you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question