The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017
3,525 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very Short and Easy, didn't really ask very many questions, obviously needed employees, I applied for a summer position and first did a phone interview and then did an in person interview

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troutdale, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Troutdale, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole thing took 10 days. Got an automated phone call that made me answer yes or no by pressing 1 or 0, answer no and you don't get an interview scheduled. Then was told available hours and to pick one, also automated.

When I arrived was told to wait, they knew I was there for an interview. Manager came up told me to wait cause they had someone else. Then went in talked to him 1 on 1 then continued with assistant manager 1 on 1. A lot of the questions were "What would you do...?" then asked my hours and said they had many positions open and they want me to be a cashier, I accepted. Took drug test and signed papers right after and was told they will call when the results come back for drug test and background check. Was told my attire was good so dress good!

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Florence, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

I apply for a manager position but was offered a order fulfillment associate position which is basically a load puller. The interview was great. I had the first one and about 5days later I had the second one. The company seems as if it's running great and what I like the most is that the store manager is a female.

Interview Questions

• If I took my time and assist a customer with a certain project showing him everything he'll need and at the last minute he said he had to go, what would you do to saved the sale   Answer Question
    • If you were helping customer and another customer came up and was in such of a hurry, what would you do????   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received the email to do a on the phone screening then asked to come in for an interview this is my first job I'm applying to so I was a little nervous but I spoke to the hm and he was chill and laid back and told me if interested I would receive a call in two days, two days later I got the call for an second interview I spoke to the assistant n she was a chill and basic question then told me because they had other interviews to do then they would call if interested so it's been a few days on waiting but got a another interview for a different position and went today and said the same thing they call once they go over everything

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had made a mistake at something and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Florence, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

fill out app online, they will send you an email to call a number and answer a few questions and pick your first interview date, after that, they call you for a second interview you do the drug test and then wait

Interview Questions

• what is one thing you think you will like about this job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Laredo, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked simple questions like (what is your availability, what experience do you have, etc.). It took them an extra 10-15 min to interview me cause the assistant manager was running late.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer with something that your not familiar with   Answer Question

Measurement Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stroudsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stroudsburg, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on Home Depot's website. Then I received a call from a recruiter within 7 days. We talked about the position and went over my resume. After talking with the recruiter, I was then contacted by the local store manager and had a phone interview.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Derby, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Train and ensure department was well stocked for customers, using fork lifts and various other order retrieval equipment to bring over stock down and stock it. Some times you had to load customers.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe a time when an employee was making it difficult to get along.   1 Answer

Customer Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brick, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Why the bait and switch?

Got an email to call staffing center which I did. Staffing center advised that the position was for the customer service desk special orders. I scheduled my interview and met with management.

I was asked to fill out an availability work sheet and was told the position was a seasonal garden associate at $10 a hour. I had to decline, this was a waste of both the managers time and my time. I think it's great that prospective employees are offered positions other than what they applied for but be honest about it when contacted.

Freight Team Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Automated Phone
    Human Phone
    In Person Interview (Face-to-face). This was with an Assistant Manager
    Follow-up Interview (Face-to-face) This interview was scheduled for the day following the first in person interview and was with both the Manager and Assistant Manager of the Home Depot store.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance when you WOWED a customer?   Answer Question
    • Why should we consider you for the post?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance when you observed an employee exhibiting poor customer service and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question