The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1,417 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Somerville, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fill paperwork and interview with one of the supervisor answer questions about the job times of work ,hours and what the job consist and what are the cons and pros of the job

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

They asked very basic questions. I had an interview with two different people. I put in my information for a background check and they do an oral drug test there on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience where you took charge?   1 Answer

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email a week and a half later to call an automated phone screening number. I scheduled an interview right after I passed the automated phone screening process. Had a one-on-one interview with the freight team department supervisor, who made me feel very comfortable during the interview process. After the interview, I was offered the job and proceeded to filled out some papers and was drug tested on the spot. The interview was at The Home Depot located at the Gateway Mall in Brooklyn, NY

Interview Questions

• What's your availability? What hours can you work? Do you see your availability changing within the next 3 months?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience(s) that best qualify you for the job? Give details if possible   Answer Question
    • In regards to your most recent job, How long did you work there for? What were your responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Any experience moving freight? Home retail? Home improvement?   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of something you've done in your school or work experience that required close attention to details? What was the situation?
      What strategies did you use to ensure the quality of your work? What was the outcome?
      Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were working toward a goal and encountered a problem? What was the problem? What did you do to overcome the problem? Did you ever identify the source of the problem? how did the situation turn out?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you achieved a goal that initially appeared to be too difficult to accomplish? What obstacles did you encounter? What did you do to overcome the obstacles?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer asked for a product or item you did not have? What did you do or say?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you were overloaded and could not complete all of your assigned tasks by the deadline given? what did you do? how did you get the work done? What was the outcome? How did you feel about the outcome?   Answer Question
    • When can you start if you're actually offered the job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was invited for a series of in person interviews. Eventually was hired after a few weeks. As long as you know a little about Home Depot, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What makes you right for Home Depot?   1 Answer

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Southington, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Went so smooth do your research about interview questions and have question to ask at the end and the beginning of the interview . Show your personality a little too.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a call a few days later asking basic yes/no questions and was able to schedule a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview went great, was asked simple questions and was offered a job. Took drug test right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you did not have an item a customer was asking for.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the step-by-step process of what you would do when a customer walks in the store.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer is rude to you?   Answer Question

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Clifton Park, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with assistant manager who asked alot of questions. Interview process took about 30 minutes. After 2 days I have another interview with the store manager who makes the final decision

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a lot to do and didn't think you could handle it, how did you respond to this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (White Plains, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was looking for my first job and decided to apply for Home Depot. I applied on a Wednesday and got an email back the next day. The email stated that I could call for a phone screening if I want, but if not, I would be called. I instantly called and went through the phone screening. I scheduled my interview for that Saturday. I got there about 20 minutes early and waited about 45 minutes after my scheduled time. I was asked a few questions and they asked me when I was available to work. After that, I was taken to the store manger's office where he told me that he wanted to hire me and we went over the wage. He asked me if I had any questions and I asked a few. He was a cool guy. I took the drug test and they ordered a background check. I am in the midst of waiting for a call in order to go to orientation and start work.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I have any knowledge of DIY things such as small plumbing fixes, electrical work, and painting.   1 Answer
    • How do I work with a team?   1 Answer
    • A previous sales experience (even if you don't have any prior experience)   1 Answer
    • Describe how I would greet and make a sale to a customer.   1 Answer

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dover, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple , was about 5 mins asked basic questions like my availability . and previous job experience. also asked the questions that i listed below! overall experience was okay the manager told me the other manager would be in contact for another interview!

Interview Questions

• name one thing i have done to learn something about my job that wasnt taught in training.   1 Answer

Order Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed the online application and the next day I received an email from the retail staffing center stating someone would call or I could call to answer a few automated questions about the position and my availability. I was also able to schedule an in person interview after answering yes to all of the automated questions. At the in person interview, I met to the assistant store manager and someone from HR (at the same time). The interview was mostly being conducted by the assistant store manager. I was asked basic customer service questions. As long as you review the comments on Glassdoor for the position and prepare your answers you will be fine. After about 6 or 7 questions, I was offered a different position based on my answers. Following this, I took the drug test, filled out the paperwork for the background check and was told HR should be calling me within a few days to start the hiring process. The results of the drug test only took a few days to come back. I called the store 1 week after my interview to request a status update on my application and was told the background check is taking slightly longer. About 2 weeks after my interview (and 3 weeks after I applied), I am headed back to the location where I interviewed to complete my paperwork to be hired.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name one thing you have learned in recent times that has helped you to improve your performance at your job.
      2. How would you deal with a situation where your are helping a customer and another customer who wants to buy a more expensive item interrupts you?
      3. You spend 30 minutes with a customer who is building a backyard porch and after showing him where he can find the materials, he says he has to leave. What would you do to save the sale?
      4. How would you deal with an angry customer who wants to return merchandise?
      5. Describe a new skill that you have recently learned.
      6. How would you deal with a customer buying defective merchandise?
      7. Describe how you would multitask and prioritize work?
      Answer Question