The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,982 Interview Reviews

2.2

Resolution Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

First ,I was sent an assessment. If you pass the assessment then you got a phone interview. The third process with me interviewing in person. I received a job offer that same day. The job offer was rescinded the next week with no clear explanation. The recruiter apologized and asked was I open two other positions that started at a later date.It left a bad taste in my mouth with the inconsistency and unprofessionalism of such a major corporation!

Interview Questions

• Give me some examples of how this role is similar to your pass work history?   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and passed my assessment test and was emailed on Christmas day that I moved onto a face to face interview and to bring a copy of this email and I.D along with being prepared for drug test. I was a bit early 10 min and so he saw me 10 min earlier. Basic interview questions which were of 6. He was intimidating a lil but other than that he was very professional. Interview process was about 15 min. I shld get a call today if I am to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were at work and handled an upset customer?
      How would you handle a customer who needed an item that you weren't familiar with?   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the Home Depot website, received a call for a phone screening, had an in person interview, another phone interview to review information, and a final in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Home Depot?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Had one phone screening that lasted about ten minutes and then an in person peer-programming interview with a lead software engineer. I was called two weeks later and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• We went over an in-house app and I was tasked to add a small feature.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a group interview where we spent most of the time solving technical questions. There were 2 questions and we were given about 15 minutes to solve each one.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to organize a function divided into several slips of paper in order. We were then asked to solve a puzzle with insane constraints which they later revealed there was no solution to. Both parts took about 15 min   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was okay. Just remember the basic such as dress for the interview. Black, blue, or gray pants. White light gray or blue shirt. Hair back and men please wear a tie. No polo shirts jeans or stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit in our company?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Laid back interview. Easy process overall. Background and drug test as well. Harder process for supervisor and manager. They asked about previous jobs and experience. 7 questions total. Called me back same day and offered me.

Interview Questions

• What education or experiences best qualifies you for the job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was super short, first phone interview to screen availability, then in person interview with a hiring manager. Lastly an interview with the HR person and bam you're hired on, assuming you'll pass the drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an anger customer if you're already helping another customer?   3 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Quick and fast, just be confident in your responses. The process is quick especially if it’s a busy day. You most likely will get the job if they are hiring.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX).

Interview

Included a group interview and one- on- one interview. For the group interview, they were looking for someone who could work collaboratively with the team members. Not a super hard interview.