The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,940 Interview Reviews

2.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call about a month later which was a phone interview on the spot. I was invited to come to the Store Support Center in Atlanta to interview where we had 2 40 min interviews which consisted of 2 interviewers asking me questions together in each 40 minute session.

Interview Questions

Interview

Waited for my interview in an area near the employee break room. All the employees that walked past me smiled and seemed happy. A few of them told me that I would love working there!

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university website and online on The Home Depot website. I received an e-mail for a phone interview and got invited to interview at the HQ. They flew me out and paid for a hotel, travel, and food.

Special Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

The process waa coordinated over the internet with pre-screening questions and your acknowledgement of the salary offerred. Once completed, an assessment is made as to ifyou are qualified for the position. An interview date and time is then offered. You may select, or choae another, if available.

Interview Questions

• The questions were situational, as in, if this happened, what would you do?"   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2017.

Interview

This was a typical interview using scenario based questions where the interviewer would pose a situation. The candidate is then given time to compose a verbal response. Most of the questions are designed to have the candidate give an example of how they handled a situation.

Interview Questions

• What generated your interest in this position?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview is impersonal and cold, as it is conducted with an automated system.
    You apply at their website, wait two months, then they eventually call you for the phone screening.

Interview Questions

• This position requires traveling between multiple store locations, some locations being up to 35 miles away, are you willing to travel?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to provide excellent customer service to every customer?   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Connected through rep at campus career fair. I applied online, but networking is what got me to the first rounds. First round interview on phone very fit based questions. Second round super day at Home Depot HQ in Atlanta, technical/case study based.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Spring, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Is walking in and don't have no police problem post on indeed getting along with salesperson and person working person have questions and don't no to much about
    Find someone that can and don't no just try. Give best answer about it that ask about

Interview Questions

• My interview was over the telephone reading about drug test and interview and
      Other stuff try to take advice of thing that you read about interview over the phone don't bring on drug around the job   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Couple of days later got an email about someone calling to see if I was still interested. It was an automatic machine to which you had to answer yes to all the questions to be considered. Then they set you up with an in person interview. Which was week away. The day before my interview they called to reschedule for a week later! The interview day comes and I'm nervous but it was an easy interview. They start with your availablity to make sure your able to work what they are looking for. Most of the questions where the same as other posted. Got offered the job and did my drug test which is mouth salvia test all in the same day! Waiting on the background and drug test to come back. I did apply during the Thanksgiving week which might why it took longer then normal

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Invited to an onsite event after speaking with one of their engineers at a networking event. Onsite consisted of one group design challenge and two one-on-one 25 minutes interviews with one of their engineers. One-on-ones were a mixed of technical and behavior questions, with an easy white-boarding question.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about experiences listed on resume, and testing familiarity with OOP concepts.   Answer Question