The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application and received an email exactly a week later saying that I would get a call from the staffing center. I waited a few days but never received a call so I called the number provided to me. During the call I answered a few simple questions like whether or not I was still interested. I also set up a date for the interview (was given two options) I chose the one almost two weeks later (wouldn't recommend) I arrived 30 minutes early to my interview. The interviewer was impressed by it which was good. The overall interview took about 30 minutes and he asked around 5 basic interview questions (you can find ones like them online) He was impressed with me and really loved my bubbly personality and scheduled me for a second interview with the store Manager 2 days later. I believe when offered a second interview you know you've got the job. Again, I was asked about previous work experience and availability and was given a quick rundown of responsibilities. Afterwards I met with another manager for a background check and drug test. Overall the process was quick and easy going. All staff were very friendly and chatty. After 3 days the results were in and I was offered the job!

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in District Heights, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (District Heights, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. She was nice and friendly. It happened almost immediately as soon as I got there and she asked questions about how I would react to customers and things like that. She asked if I had any work experience and I told her no. The interview was very easy and spent at least a good hour in there. I was offered the job and start next week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you come across a rude customer? What does customer service mean to you? Name something you'd enjoy at work and something you'll least likely enjoy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a week later I received an email saying that I ill be contacted soon for a few questions. I got a call a few days later from staffing center which is an automated screening system asking me if I can work anytime of the day and if I am satisfied with the pay (--/hour) with the answer Yes(1) No(2). At the end of the call, I was transferred to the real person to setup an appointment for face to face interview. I went to the interview and I was interviewed by the store manager and another associate. They are super friendly and professional. Asked me a few simple questions and I was offered the job. Then they did the background check and drug test on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you qualify for this position?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with the rude and angry customer?   Answer Question
    • You are the last person to deal with the customers in store before they leave. How will you treat them?   Answer Question
    • Name the time when you did the job timely and accurately.   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to work anytime of the day?   Answer Question

Cashier - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Forest, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled app out online - got an email about 3 days later telling me there were going to call with a set of questions. Automated call came with basic questions -

You applied for x job, are you still interested?
    The intended pay rate is x, are you still interested?
    It is in an open warehouse, are you still interested?
    etc.

At the end (where you should have answered yes to all these questions, they will ask you to set up an interview through the automated system for later that week or early the following week.

You will receive an email with the details of said interview with confirmation.

You go in for the interview, they ask more questions to get to know who you are and how you handle yourself.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you about a product that you had no idea about, what would you do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

basically, they sent an voice operator to call & ask a few questions. then after the questions, you were required to set up an interview date upon availability. once everything is set, u go to the interview and they ask a few obvious questions regarding great customer service. if they approve of you, you will be required to do the drug test which is used orally.

Interview Questions

• how would you help an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email three days later stating they were interested in interviewing me. Got a call the next day asking me to come in for the first interview. After the first interview I got a call the next day asking me to come in for my second interview with the store manager. After that interview was asked to sign paperwork for a background check and was given a mouth swab drug test. It took about a week for all that to come back and I was hired on.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you to work for us at The Home Depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Christiansburg, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had previously applied to The Home Depot online and hadn't heard anything back so I decided to make a trip to the store in Christiansburg and speak to the manager about my application. I walked in, asked for the manager on duty and told the associate at the service desk I was coming in regarding a job application. Almost immediately I was escorted to the back of the store to the Human Resources associate and given an interview on the spot! The interview process was a little lengthy since I was interviewed and offered a job in one sitting, but overall it was very effective and positive!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer upset about a product or service and how would you handle the customer's complaints effectively?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Ridiculously long time before you get a call for an interview; I didn't get contacted for three months. You have to interview with three different people after a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have; what would you do if you encounter an angry customer; the usual retail questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oro Valley, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oro Valley, AZ).

Interview

Interview was great. Easy, quick and pretty general questions. Pretty laid back. Mostly asked about experience with previous employers. Cashier position wasn't available at the time. However, I was called back few days later and offered another interview for a greeter position. Then I was called a few days later to complete some new hire paperwork and thats when I was given drug test. Following week I started training.

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Flushing, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

One to one interview where they asked you how you would handle different situations that might occur. If they liked you they gave a drug test immediately and informed you that they would get in touch after the background check.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle an irate customer.   1 Answer