The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,776 Interview Reviews

2.2

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Conroe, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Supposed to have interviewed with an ASM during the first interview, but the ASM couldn't be bothered, so I was interviewed by the ASDS [in-store HR manager]. Passed the interview, and then was scheduled for a second, final interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer wanting an item that is currently out of stock? What resources would you use, and what solutions could you offer the customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (West Valley City, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

My interviewer was around fifteen minutes late to the interview, but it wasn’t terrible. My interviewer was really nice and it was a calm environment. They asked me what I would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would you did if you had an angry costumer that need help.   1 Answer

Brand Advocate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone call with a team member which lead to in person interviews. The in person interviews consisted of a panel interview, case study, and skills test. Upon completion of the in person interview, two more phone interviews we conducted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Easy waited to be seen heard the person infront of me knew what was gonna be asked . Flies flying around . waited 30 mins for interview. Drug test off site. the traing =on computer. once over ur on ur own

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Waited a week or so after phone call for first interview. Showed up for a first interview, they ask you basic questions. Came back for a second interview maybe a week later and got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service questions, "how would you work in a team setting", "what do you say to the customer if they can't find blah blah blah"..   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

have to get the email for a phone interview first. It's an automated interview so it pretty straight forward. The actual interview were just various "what if this happened....how would you respond" and also "tell me a time where a customer got angry and explain your course of action" type questions. After that they will call you for a mouth swab drug test(instant results) and background check (background check takes like 1-2 weeks).

Interview Questions

Interview

Very fast. Easy questions. There is a second interview with a manager and they just decide if they like you or not by having a simple conversation. Some things are about the company and other questions are more personal

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was easy/normal. Worked with a recruiter mainly and HR after the offer. Phone interview. In person interview. Offer. One group training day. Worked in the store the next day. At desk day 3 diving in head first.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palisades, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palisades, NY).

Interview

Asked me questions on experience, as long as you think prior to the interview about all of your experiences and does that relate to the Home Depot you will be fine.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

it was very simple. I was taken to the training room and was asked a couple of questions that were mostly based upon real life senerios. The interviewer was very friendly, and the whole process took about 20 minutes.