The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,361 Interview Reviews

2.3

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

they give you a call if they are interested, first come the phone interview with 3 short questions, after that they call you for an in-person interview. and if they like you, they will give you a call back and offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Rio Rancho, NM) in January 2017.

Interview

They call to make sure you want the job and to make sure you're fine with the wage and hours then you go for a face-to-face interview to get to know your personality and some other things to find out if you're right for the job

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (La Mirada, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got e-mailed to attend the interview and showed up was told step by step what to do and the people were pleasant and very enthusiastic about what they did it was great to see and is very encouraging

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where the customer is dissatisfied with a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straightforward.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Fe, NM) in January 2017.

Interview

There two different interviews, the first one was with two different Supervisors, both made me feel comfortable, they were very professional. The second interview was with the store manager, very professional and serious but seemed very supportive.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a Customer who appears to be in a hurry and wants to purchase a tool and will probably spend more money than the current Customer you're taking care of?   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Called me in from applying online as it was fairly easy, a lot of situational questions and how does your experience help you for the job you are applying for. Filled out a packet of questions for the first interview. Said wait 3-7 days to see if you get a call back to come in for the second interview with the store manager and the drug test.

Freight Associate Interview

Interview

Applied on-line and received an e-mail to call for interview. Set up interview a few days later. Once at the interview it couldn't have been any more relaxed and within 15 min. was offered the job. Very nice group of people and down to earth manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation salary

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview went good. It was very chill and the guy was very nice. He asked me about my previous employment experience and how I could benefit the company.

Interview Questions

• A customer stops you in the aisle and asks you about a product that you have no knowledge about. How do you handle it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Aurora, IL).

Interview

The interview was fairly informal. I first spoke to one of the assistant managers, then the human resource director and finally the store manager. During the interview I was asked a series of questions and because of my answers and experience the manager thought that I was capable of more responsibility. The manager offered me a head cashier position with the potential to become an assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• One question that seems to get asked in all interviews is "where do you see yourself five years from now?" I was in the process of getting my BA in Legal Studies so I was not sure how I should answer that question. I was honest and it had no effect on me getting hired.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They just look to see if you are good with people. They will first do a phone interview and if you answer their questions correctly in a positive manner, you are then scheduled for an in store interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer is upset?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitty Hawk, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kitty Hawk, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview ( 2X)
    One on one scheduled via phone then an email was sent regarding time, place and who to meet with. Several names were given. Department was mentioned so I was able to explore/ learn about products prior to the one on one interview. Dates, times and process of arrival given in the email along with phone number if I needed to make other arrangements.