The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018
3,983 Interview Reviews

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Quick and fast, just be confident in your responses. The process is quick especially if it’s a busy day. You most likely will get the job if they are hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Muskegon, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I first had an over the phone automated interview, in which I had to answer yes or no to the questions. I had to basically answer yes to all of the questions in order to be considered for a face to face interview. Once I completed that, I had to schedule the face to face interview, but the face to face interview was really a let down as they only asked a few questions. I had my resume with me but the interviewer wasn't even interested in looking at it. I was then told that if I made it to the 2nd round, I'd be called back in for a 2nd interview. I felt a bit let down that I came in for a face to face interview that was so brief, and that my resume wasn't even a priority.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   1 Answer
    • The interviewer asked me what I would do if a customer was rude?   1 Answer
    • The Interviewer asked me what I would do if a customer was having a problem finding something in the store?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX).

Interview

Included a group interview and one- on- one interview. For the group interview, they were looking for someone who could work collaboratively with the team members. Not a super hard interview.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Submitted online application. Interviewed with store manager. No openings in desired position, but, offered position in favorable alternate dept. Offer accepted. Manager stated, I would be contacted the following week to schedule for orientation. Following week, No call received. I called and left 3 seperate messages, no response. 2nd week, contacted by manager of another store with a current opening in the position I had originally applied for. Unable to apply, application status frozen by 1st store manager. Called, left message, requesting release of application status due to 3 week delay in scheduling of orientation and availability of position at alternate store. Request declined, 4th week contacted to schedule orientation appt. During orientation, notified reassigned to dept 59 Decor instead of Dept 36 Outside Design Consultant. Refused reassignment, reinstated as Dept 36, but in reality provided full coverage for dept 59.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, mostly concerned with scheduling and availibility to work weekends.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Recruiter interview followed by manager interview followed by technical interview. Salary offer will heavily depend on your performance on an aptitude test towards the end of the interview process. You should be prepared to wait a while after your initial application. Willing to work with you in terms off relocation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was super quick. It was only 6 questions. Really cut and dry. The lady was super friendly. Store was extremely clean and everyone was welcoming. I don't know what else to write to make it 30 words.. lol so what else should I say..it was very fast.

Merchandizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The whole process took 2 weeks. I applied online, got the call for the interview, then the interview lasted maybe 2 minutes and a week later I got a call back from the MET manager and he told me that I would have to do a drug test and background check. I started the next week

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call about a month later which was a phone interview on the spot. I was invited to come to the Store Support Center in Atlanta to interview where we had 2 40 min interviews which consisted of 2 interviewers asking me questions together in each 40 minute session.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university website and online on The Home Depot website. I received an e-mail for a phone interview and got invited to interview at the HQ. They flew me out and paid for a hotel, travel, and food.

Special Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

The process waa coordinated over the internet with pre-screening questions and your acknowledgement of the salary offerred. Once completed, an assessment is made as to ifyou are qualified for the position. An interview date and time is then offered. You may select, or choae another, if available.

Interview Questions

• The questions were situational, as in, if this happened, what would you do?"   1 Answer