The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,568 Interview Reviews

2.3

Order Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lapeer, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lapeer, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

After the Home Depot contacted me by phone to interview me, they set-up a 1:1 interview.
    And the first 1:1 went great, the Assistant Manager was nice and was helpful. The second interview with the Store Manager also went well, and asked my interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What was some experiences I had with being efficient with my time, and time management?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Port Chester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was super easy and relaxed. You start off with an email of an incoming automated phone screening asking simple questions about your availability, salary, drug test info etc... just yes or no questions but you are informed that if you answer no to any of the questions your application will be cancelled so be very cautious. Once you get through that you are informed of available 1-on-1 interview dates and times so scheduling your interview is the last thing on the call. So on the interview, I was greeted by an amazing associate at the customer service desk who led me to management and I was given an availability form to write down what days I'm available and times then I waited about 5-10 mins a for (well I would think it is) the HR to begin the interview. One of the best interviews ever. He made me feel right at home and asked me about 7 easy questions about my experience and situational questions; overall it lasted about 20 mins. After that interview I was told to wait for a 2nd interview with the manager so I sat in the employee break room until I was called in. I'd get well wishes and good lucks from the employees passing me by. They're such sweet people. The manager came in about 10 mins after reviewing my answers and he only asked me one question and based on my response he offered me the job on the spot. I had to do a swab drug test after signing some paperwork and I was done. They said they'll call me within a week after the results of the drug test come back aboit orientation and training. Everything lasted about an hour and a half in total and everyone had warm, welcoming and friendly personalities. I can't wait to start. 10/10 would recommend lol

Interview Questions

• Why home depot?   Answer Question
    • Do you have want experience with customer service/retail. If yes explain your position and job description?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an upset customer who isn't satisfied with the product or an associate?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer being the last point of contact?   Answer Question
    • How do u handle a customer who asks you about a product you don't know?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Broomfield, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Face to Face at nearby HD Store. Job Fair. They had you talk to HR Manager and Store Manager. Interviewed about 30 min. Very low turnout at time. In large room with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a rude customer. My past experience at HD. I was reapplying after a few months after leaving for personal reasons.   1 Answer

Workforce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I received a call from a recruiter and set up a time for a phone screening to speak about my skills, qualifications, and salary expectations. It was a short call, less than half an hour total. At the conclusion of that call, I was told I would receive a call in a few days to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager.

I didn't receive a call in the discussed timeframe and decided to reach back out to the recruiter to check in. The hiring manager's schedule had gotten busy so it took a little longer than expected, but they eventually scheduled me for a phone interview. It was also a short call of fewer than 30 minutes, during which the hiring manager expressed an interest in bringing me in for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview took place less than a week after the phone interview and consisted of mostly behavioral questions that had been pre-determined and printed out. They were read off of sheets of paper while the two managers conducting the interview took notes. There was not much room for deviating from the questions. Both managers were friendly, attentive, and skilled at getting me to clarify answers when necessary. I was offered a position about a week later.

Outside Receiver/Garden Recovery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Glen Burnie, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

met with ASM Hassan and was pleasantly surprised how friendly and professional he carried himself. he did ask questions typical of any other interview process "how did you hear about the home depot", "why should i hire you to work hear?", and my favorite " why do you wanna work at the home depot?" to which i replied "well i dont like lowes if thats what your asking" (not trying to libel or slander they're good name whatsoever ive just personally always went to home depot for my needs.) and he laughed and replied " thats what i like to hear" jokingly" i dont believe it but it was still funny" so while the company is to be taken seriously its nice to know that upper management are down to earth working class people like myself and not big headed and snobbish like so many other places ive worked at prior.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Oglethorpe, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Oglethorpe, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Checked in at service desk then told me to go wait outside offices until supervisor would call me in. Only had to wait about 5 minutes. He called me in and the process went okay but he did tell me that he had 19 more interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• What was one goal that you encountered obstacles but could complete?
      What was one goal that you could not complete?
      Answer Question

Freighting and Shipping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Enfield, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview included maybe six or seven longer questions and then maybe ten short answer types. A lot of them focused on past experiences and how you reacted to things.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you were working on where something went wrong and how you responded to that problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, asked the basic questions, interviewer also seemed really engaged and motivated. When I got to the store, the other cashiers were pretty helpful in how they helped me. The hiring manager provided a very welcoming atmosphere aswell.

Resolution Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interview questions were geared towards the position. Answer questions honestly and be yourself. Explain in details your skills and experience and why you would be a good fit for the role. This position is best for an employee whom is currently employed at The Home Depot as you will be working with existing vendors and requires knowledge of existing departments.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?
      How do you multitask and stay organized?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First interview was by phone. THD HR person confirmed receipt of application and was told that an interview schedule will be emailed in a few days. I was eventually interviewed in person by one of the store department supervisors a week later. The interview was pleasant and straight forward. I was hired and immediately underwent a drug test. My background check took about 2 weeks. I reported for work about 3 weeks since i first applied.