The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,441 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,441 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about a week or so. The hiring manager called me to setup an interview with me. Interview took about an hour with drug test. The interview was pretty easy. got an offer but it wasnt for the position i applied for but i still accepted

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle that stood in the way of you accomplishing a goal or commitment.​ How did you approach the situation?​   Answer Question

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty basic interview they only asked like seven questions I answered them the best way u could they told me their priorities and needs and what I would basically be doing as a freight team associate which seems pretty easy. Overall an easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Coast, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

it took about 1 week after I applied to get a call. Did a 5 phone questionnaire with an automated system then it scheduled me for a in person interview. You have to go through what they call "3 interviews" first one is your basic interview, second is a sit down with a store manager and do a in store drug test and background check, 3rd one is accepting your job offer and salary and filling out pre employement paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was scheduled through the company's website. I took some boilerplate online personality test. After about a month, I received an automated phone call asking for an interview. I made that appointment for later in the week. I went into my scheduled interview; the interviewer was not aware the interview had been scheduled. He asked me questions about my work history (he did not have my resume and I hadn't brought one; I thought that would be included in the information the company sent him... which they didn't.). The gentleman was very personable and suggested a couple options within the company, as I'd mentioned I was concerned about the standard 10 bucks an hour they were offering. He liked my qualifications and said he'd discuss me with the store manager; I should receive a call for a second interview by the end of the week. A week later, I followed up with him, and he assured me I'd hear something within another week. I haven't heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Order Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orange Park, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was the first step of the interviewing process. This was an over the phone pre-screening before actually being scheduled for a 1:1 interview. They give you a few details about the job and ask if you're willing to perform certain task. They inform you that if you answer no to any of the questions you will not be considered for the job.

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

This was really fast in my opinion and I'm happy about that fact, I applied and about 4 days later I received the automated bot call which asked me to come in for an interview. At the interview it was pretty laid back really liked the atmosphere I will say I felt nervous when I first walked in because there were about 10 other people interviewing so I felt on edge but once I was up the manger took me to his office and I have to say one of the best interviews I've ever had the guy didn't feel like a manger he felt more like a family member trying to welcome you to his family. After the last question we actually chatted for 10 min and he asked me if I would be able to handle it I said yes and he told me your hired and to go back to the room to preform a drug test and background check that was 2 days ago and I just got the call today that I cleared everything and to come in and fill some more paperwork.

Interview Questions

• To be honest all the questions were just things that you would do even out of a job   1 Answer

Interview

Applied on a Monday and got a call the next day asked a few questions to see if I qualified for the position, then scheduled a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked the typical get to know you questions and scenarios   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Glendale, AZ).

Interview

applied online , went through many many many phone screens , calls from atlanta for low wages driving far away , declined many offers, was grateful , wound up going to a job-fair and was interviewed then hired a few weeks later ..

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Called me in from applying online as it was fairly easy, a lot of situational questions and how does your experience help you for the job you are applying for. Filled out a packet of questions for the first interview. Said wait 3-7 days to see if you get a call back to come in for the second interview with the store manager and the drug test.

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Surprise, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Very brief introductory meeting after the call back from doing the personality assessment. Basic questions at the person to person interview. Description of past experience and how you feel you will fit with in the company and basic questions about how you would interact with customers in various situations. After the interview and swab drug test and sign for a back ground check

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who was upset about quality or price of a product   Answer Question