The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.1

918 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an automated interview. Then was called in for a formal interview which lasted about 15 mins. They liked me but no jobs were available. Was called for second interview and was given a drug test.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Birmingham, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

Short but detailed enough to understand what they were looking for. Went through two managers for an interview. Drug test and background check were done on site.
    The paperwork to get hired on that day took about 20 minutes, the face to face interview was maybe 15 minutes. Less then 10 minutes for the drug/background check.

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Suwanee, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews. One with the assistant manager and one with the store manager. They were both pretty cool and made me feel comfortable. I had an orientation a week later and got hired. I started the training for about a week before starting to actually work

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot   1 Answer
    • How will you let the customer leave the store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I waited for 45 minutes after appointment time for someone to interview me. We sat and discussed my previous employment and my expertise in customer service. The interviewer had exceptional eye contact and asked open ended questions and listened until I was finished.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I did a first interview. It was 6 questions that they said they ask everyone and it only took about 10 minutes. They said they would call me in for a second interview. The manager interviewing me didn't seem to realize I had an interview that day (corporate calls you to schedule the interview), so she wasn't super prepared. It didn't appear she had looked at my resume or application because she seemed surprised at my retail experience. I don't blame her, I imagine there was a communication breakdown somewhere since corporate schedules all the first interviews.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in a fast-paced environment where you have to also be accurate?
      What experience do you have with customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (La Mirada, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got e-mailed to attend the interview and showed up was told step by step what to do and the people were pleasant and very enthusiastic about what they did it was great to see and is very encouraging

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where the customer is dissatisfied with a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dover, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very strange, I got an interview set up over the phone by a robot. They were doing a hiring event which I did not like! I feel that they just do this to help with the cumbersome of employees that want to join, however it felt like they didn't really care in the interview. The interview was about an hour and there was an unexpected drug test (which I don't mind and passed) but it would of been nice to know before going into the job interview because some may not want that.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oceanside, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

applied online and got a phone call a couple days later. Was interviewed by an assistant manager then called in for another interview by the store manager. later was called in for background check and drug test.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Calm and not tough. Just basic questions to get to know you better and how you would handle a sticky situation. Act natural and answer with common sense. Make sure you have eye contact with the interviewer who will probably be one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• If a customer got angry and there was a line, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Aurora, IL).

Interview

The interview was fairly informal. I first spoke to one of the assistant managers, then the human resource director and finally the store manager. During the interview I was asked a series of questions and because of my answers and experience the manager thought that I was capable of more responsibility. The manager offered me a head cashier position with the potential to become an assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• One question that seems to get asked in all interviews is "where do you see yourself five years from now?" I was in the process of getting my BA in Legal Studies so I was not sure how I should answer that question. I was honest and it had no effect on me getting hired.   Answer Question