The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,720 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orange, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an easy process. Applied online and got a call a week later asking for an interview the next day. The interviewer asked 6 different scenarios, fairly easy.

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Fernando, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Fernando, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an automated call a few days later to ask a few yes or no questions and to schedule an in store interview. Eight days after applying and I had my interview. The interview was simple(Three theoretical situations dealing with customers). They did an in store drug test and I filled some forms in the store. Eight days after that and I was back for an orientation with some other new hires. I started training the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a customer that looks troubled how would you assist them?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a customer that is angry?   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casselberry, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Casselberry, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview took process took only about 15 minutes. I arrived early and sat in a waiting area. The staff was very friendly to me. You first fill out an online app. Wait for an email about if you're still interested in the position. Phone interview was automated and had to answer yes to about 10 questions, then it will schedule you for a face to face interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• There we about six questions coming from a packet. A lot of what would you say to a angry customer?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mooresville, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, which was asking "tell me a time when" questions.. passed that and received an in-person interview - this is when things went downhill. It was initially with a female, then she said she would go get her boss... when he came in, he saw that I was a police officer, and said "I see you were security?" I said "A police officer" and he responded with "So, security".... really??.. then he went on to say I didn't have any leadership experience even though my resume clearly stated in bold font that I used to be an assistant manager, a supervisor, and leadership through law enforcement. He was very dismissive and it was clear they already had someone picked out. Will never come to them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to discipline a subordinate and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

Took about almost 3 weeks, had 2 interviews. The first was just 6 basic questions (multiple parts to some questions) they ask to everyone. The second was to complete a background check and drug test. The employees are very professional and helpful. Store Manager was also very nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer was upset?   2 Answers
    • What would you enjoy most about this job?   2 Answers
    • What would you least enjoy about this job?   2 Answers
    • Name a time when you had to overcome a problem and how did you resolve it?   2 Answers
    • Since you'll be the last person the customer sees how can you help them have the best experience. Walk through the details and why.   2 Answers
    • If a customer was rude to you, how would you react?   2 Answers
    • what qualities do you have that you think fit this job?   2 Answers
    • If a customer asked you about a product you didn't know about how would you react?   2 Answers

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dickson City, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dickson City, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy and pain free to go through. The interviewer asks questions specific to the type of company, but nothing someone who might not have an experience in the home improvement world would be unable to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you needed to utilize both accuracy and speed?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Naples, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

1.Online application 2. Automated Phone Call 3. First Interview 4. Second Interview w/ Hire

On 2nd interview was asked to come back following day for drug test and further paperwork
    complete then wait for follow up phone calls for orientation process.

Interview Questions

• Greatest weakness / Knowledge of customer service expectations.   1 Answer

Order Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boise, ID) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an automated phone screening within a week. A few days later I was asked to come in for an interview. Interviewed with the assistant manager, and then store manager right after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Home Depot? (Then some situational response questions)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions about myself and later on certain situational questions were asked .. basically there is no right or wrong answers .. they just test you on your personality .. then I was asked to do a drug test .. and I got a reply within a week ..

In Store Promoter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Opelika, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a short pre-screening call and was then asked for a face to face interview. I met with 2 employees from corporate who were very friendly and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What is an activity you perform every day which requires precision.   1 Answer