The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,770 Interview Reviews

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Springs, CA).

Interview

Friendly and stress free environment. I was on time and so were they. Other employees treated you as if you were already hired.
    I felt welcomed and not like a stranger.

Interview Questions

• If I can handle difficult situations   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Fairly easy. Applied online. Didn't hear back from anyone for a couple of weeks. Asked general interview questions about past jobs and experiences. The process was simple compared to some of the other interviews I have experienced with smaller businesses.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Few days after you apply for Home Depot, they will call you up for on the phone interview. If your interview was successful, you will receive a face to face interview with the employer.

Lot Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple questions, went great overall. Everything that was needed to know was instructed, was very well structured. Was offered the job on the spot and I personally gladly accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, it took a few weeks to get an email back. It informed me that i would receive a phone call. It was an automated call asking if i was still interested and about hours and salary, ending with scheduling an appointment for an in person interview. I then received an email about my in person interview. 3 days later i had my in person interview. Got there 15 min early and went to the returns area and was to where to go from there. The lady who interviewed me came out shortly after and was very kind and eased my anxiety right away. They go over your online application and make sure everything is right. Then they read you questions out of a packet and write down your answers. The lady informed me that they had me set to work in the flooring department and ask if i would be able to life heavy tiles. As i am a 5'4" 104 pound female, i didn't feel that i could. The lady informed me that it was okay that they wanted to put you in a place that would work for you as to not set you up to fail. I asked what other departments were open. She informed me that they had tool rental as well as cashier availability. She then showed me around the tool rental area and introduced me to the cashier's head supervisor. After that we went back to the office and was asked what area i would be interested in and i told her that any of those areas would work. She then asked me if i was in a rush and informed her that i wasn't. I was then back in the waiting area, as going to be talking to the manager. Shortly after the manager introduced himself and we went to his office. We mostly talked about ourselves and a bit about the job. After that i went back to the lady who i originally spoke too. She informed me that i was offered a cashier position. After that we signed forms, one for a background check(takes about 1-2days) then did a drug test (oral swab). My orientation is the following saturday.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer was rude to you out of the blue?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you saw a customer that looked confused?   Answer Question
    • a customer is upset with a person on another department what do you do?   Answer Question
    • what is a time you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I received a call two weeks later to set up an interview. The associate who took me to the backroom was the one who interviewed me (I think it was supposed to be the assistant manager but he was busy at the moment). She asked me questions from a packet, and they are fairly easy if you prepare for them. Afterward, I went into another room where the assistant manager was. He told me that I was going to do a drug test and sign paperwork for the background check. He also asked for my availability, but because of this, I didn't receive the position.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experiences make you qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were put in a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry or rude customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would handle a situation if a customer asked for a product that is not available/in stock.   Answer Question
    • How would you close the sale with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was a total of two weeks from the phone call to answer questions to the 2nd interview. I am a 16 year old African American male who has never had a job so don't feel discourage because of your age, race, gender or prior job experience . Like I said I have never held an actual job before but have done some volunteer work that would qualify me for the job. The questions were not hard, but some of them were specific to someone who has had a job before. Look presentable with business casual clothes as I wore that attire to both interviews and do research on The Home Depot and the position you are going for. I drive myself so getting to the interviews were not a problem time wise, but I did not bring my parents as the 2nd interview was 10:30 am and they had work so when offered the job as a minor you have to get a parents signature to do the drug test (mouth swab) within 24 hours of the job offer. Apply to as many Home Depot's as possible as well as the positions they offer to better your chances. I hope this helped especially young people like me.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I just did the video interview via my cellphone - for 3CI (recruiting company).

There were 6 questions including a practice question. You have 15secs to read the question, then upto 3mins for each answer. There are no redos - just click submit for the next question. These were my questions, and they may not be the same questions if you are asked.

Interview Questions

• 1. How was your day today?
      2. Introduce yourself and give a thorough overview of your research experience.
      3. Describe the work environment you are most successful in and why.
      4. Describe an ideal process for doing UX.
      5. Tell us about a time you made a mistake in a professional setting. How did you fix the mistake and what did you learn from it?
      6. What do you need to improve upon?   1 Answer

Garden Interview

Application

Interview

Hiring manager was friendly, easy going, and put me at ease. He asked me about previous work experience and job-related questions, but he also asked a few questions about me as a person.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone walk in and they were confused, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What is a situation you've been in where you had to overome obstacles to reach your goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgecrest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ridgecrest, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty fast. The assistant manager asks me set of questions and it was really conversational. He told me that there will be another interview. So I have to wait. He told me that there are numbers of open position so they will decide where will you be. So I guess I have to wait for the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in home depot?   1 Answer