The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017
3,372 Interview Reviews

2.3

Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Really easy, basic interview questions. Interviewed with two people. The department supervisor and the HR leader. Got the job offer that same day. Total time lasted about 30 min. One of the easiest interviews I have had. It wasn't very professional and it seemed as if that they didn't take particular care of the interview process. Never got to meet the manager.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I met the recruiters at an event at my college and was scheduled for an interview the next day. I was surprised to find out that the interview was in teams of 4. The interview consisted of two parts. During the first part, we were asked to reorder some lines of code and walk through our reasoning. During the second part(which didn't involve any coding), we were asked to come up with a creative and cost-effective solution to build a dorm for students, given a set of guidelines and restraints.

Interview Questions

• prior to the interview, I was asked behavioral questions like "What are you passionate about?"   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Manchester, NH).

Interview

I was a regular associate first. They needed to fill some department head slots and asked me to apply. We had lunch and chatted about nothing special, There was no real interview. They did say they needed a more diverse management staff and would help me as needed to settle into the position, (they needed woman and minorities)

Interview Questions

• Are you organized? Can you handle stress? Can you multitask?   Answer Question

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone screening from there you get transferred to a live representative that ask you a few questions, then if you qualify they will set up a time and date to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you where dissatisfied with management and what you did to resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Honolulu, HI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was a basic one on one interview. HR Manager asked me about six questions from a paper, then copied down my answers. At the end of it all she told me what position she had available and I took it. This was my first job interview, but it was not my first job, so I understood all the questions she asked. The questions ask differ based on whether or not you have job experience.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you and a coworker did not like each other? How did you overcome this?   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Arlington, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was also referred by a friend that works there. I was called a week later and received an email to schedule an interview. The interview was one on one with the general manager. I filled out my availability before the interview questions, which consisted of basic questions. Afterwards, I was hired on the spot and the last thing I did was a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a customer that they say is not satisfied?   Answer Question
    • As a lot associate, you are the first and last person a customer sees. How would you make them have a great experience as they enter and leave the store?   Answer Question

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Thought provoking. They want to see how you view scenarios and if you're able to both think on your feet while maintaining standard operating procedure. The interviewer was polite but direct. You could tell he knew what he was searching for.

Interview Questions

• What happens if you're approached with knew tasks but you know your current tasks will keep you busy till end of shift?   1 Answer

Cashier Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atascadero, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atascadero, CA).

Interview

Hiring process was simple, straightforward & comfortable. The interviewer was very personable and went over the basic component the benefits of the job. I had my list of questions prepared and the interview were answered all of them with the exception of not being informed on exactly how the health benefits worked as she personally did not take part in the health benefits offered by Home Depot. She did explain the review process once you're hired how you get raises how you get full time and how to succeed as an employee at Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to stand on your feet for several hours without a problem?   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very laid back and not hard at all. he questions were very basic and you don't need to practice the interview questions tbh. I was offered the job after the last question and it was only my second interview ever.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to learn a lot of information at once.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was on site, and it took about 3 hours. It was divided into two portions: 2 group problems, and a "speed-dating" type of interview in which I was placed in a room with a manager and every 10-15 minutes, a new manager would come to talk to me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the importance of database normalization, and explain the different degrees of normalization   Answer Question
    • Given two sets of real numbers, write a method to find the intersection of the two sets. Once complete, talk about ways to improve its performance   Answer Question
    • Explain any past experience that involved interaction with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • You have 8 balls of the same size and shape, but one of them is heavier than the rest. Given a binary scale, describe an algorithm to find the heaviest shape. If you don't answer with the most optimal solution, you will be asked to find it   1 Answer