The Home Depot Interview Questions in Kennesaw, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

As an internal I rec'd an invite for a phone interview, this invite included the hiring manager the coordinator and one of the prospective applicants for the position in question. Basically, the candidate was already selected for the position, she had less experience then I. Needless to say I did the interview anyway, suprisingly, I wasn't selected for the position. I was told the individual had more LOA experience then myself. When the hiring manger was asked during the interview process, what deliverable was lacking in her department she spoke only 15 minutes straight about recruiting. A skill I possessed along with excessive knowledge of leave of absence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The process wasn't long at all. I applied and got an interview. Did a phone and then 2 more in person. It only took an hour. Second interview she really didn't ask anything. So I'm waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

It was VERY LONG and VERY THOROUGH. I was there for 2 & 1/2 hrs. I completed a typing test 1st, followed by 3 consecutive interviews. Each interview was different than the previous one, but they all wanted to know 2 things (experience and why you should be hired). I was told someone would contact me within the week. I received am offer 3 days later.

Just be yourself, do a little research on the company and what is has to offer. Be prepared to ;et them know how you will succeed in the position. Most of all, DO NOT BE REHEARSED! BE HONEST & BE CONFIDENT. It's ok to stumble. I did quite a few times in my interview.

Please DRESS PROFESSIONALLY. It's better to overdress, than underdress. :-)

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They let you know in the 1st interview how much it pays and if you do not accept you will not move forward.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Brief phone interview and ~30 minute 1:1 with hiring manager. 4 hour standardized orientation at a local Home Depot. A bit corny; very run of the mill corporate presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   1 Answer

Online Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a multi-interview process that started with a typing test to qualify applicants for the chat representative position. Anyone who didn't the minimum speed requirements moved on to apply for a phone representative position. After meeting the typing requirements, there were three separate individual interviews. After each interview, if it was satisfactory, there was a brief wait in a holding area.

Interview Questions

• How many absences per month are necessary for them to be considered excessive?   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out application on line. Had to participate in a timed, computer generated call center video, using various company generated responses. Was then contacted via email to apply for a interview time slot, the 1st time I applied, all slots were taken, so check you email.
    The 2nd time, I managed to get an interview time, had a group meeting with HR, then had individual interview with a long time associate, then with someone in management.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about reaching daily sales goals.   1 Answer

Was offered job but only part-time, I needed full-time.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

As expected, apply, online test, interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions they want answers to, times you dealt with difficult situations, customers, what qualifies you...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but any lateral move is like a raise and prepares you to move elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very easy! Sometimes it takes a while for them to call you for an interview but once you get one it is very easy. Just be relaxed and speak as if you know you are what they are looking for. Best advise I could give is if you do not have customer services in a call center like I did make it up. Trust me they will not check.

Interview Questions

• If you had an upset customer how would you handle the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

This was for the call center in Kennesaw Ga.
    The questions they ask based on situations. To begin I was first interviewed by 2 HR professionals. They asked their questions using a TASK or STAR approach. So take your time and really answer the questions with the most detail and literally tell them a story (Don't forget your eye contact!) I have a very bubbly personality and I honestly WANTED to work there.
    The more you are engaged with the interviewers, the better your chances are. After the interview I shook hands and they asked me to wait out in the lobby. Next I was interviewed by another HR professional and she detailed what I would be doing and if I was okay with structure (coming from Walgreens it was refreshing I love the face to face, but it wasn't paying the bills lol). Then she asked for availability, etc. Again I shook hands with her and waited in the lobby again.
    I was interviewed yet AGAIN by a third HR professional and was formally offered the position. I asked a couple more questions about the company and she ushered me in to fill out paperwork and get my drug test forms and the Background clearance forms.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a situation in which something was broken and what did you do to fix it without a supervisor"
      "Tell me how you would handle conflict between your coworkers"
      "Tell me how you handled a difficult customer, what did you do to resolve the problem"
      2 Answers

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation. It was a firm offer BUT once you are in, SO many opportunities come up.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Emailed regarding position that was applied for by Human Resources. Was given a date and time for the interview within a reasonable time period. Had to take an personality and skills assessment prior to interview. On the day of the interview, was interviewed by a total of three people. First interview was before two supervisors for the company. It consisted of answering basic questions about work history and certain work scenarios. Second part of the interview took place one member of senior management. After the last interview, a tour of the facility was performed. After waiting several minutes, job was offered and paperwork was completed. Informed of start date and training schedule.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any type of a conflict with a coworker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question