The Home Depot Kitchen Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Submitted online application. Interviewed with store manager. No openings in desired position, but, offered position in favorable alternate dept. Offer accepted. Manager stated, I would be contacted the following week to schedule for orientation. Following week, No call received. I called and left 3 seperate messages, no response. 2nd week, contacted by manager of another store with a current opening in the position I had originally applied for. Unable to apply, application status frozen by 1st store manager. Called, left message, requesting release of application status due to 3 week delay in scheduling of orientation and availability of position at alternate store. Request declined, 4th week contacted to schedule orientation appt. During orientation, notified reassigned to dept 59 Decor instead of Dept 36 Outside Design Consultant. Refused reassignment, reinstated as Dept 36, but in reality provided full coverage for dept 59.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, mostly concerned with scheduling and availibility to work weekends.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with HR then again with both HR and store manager. Easy interviews as long as you know a thing or two about kitchen design. It was more based on having a personality to work in retail and having a schedule to work retail hours.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I didn't apply to them. HR contacted me after seeing my resume online and asked me if I was interested in the job. After 2 phone interviews and 2 in-store interviews, I got the job during my 4th interview with the store manager.

The interview process is lengthy especially the in-store interviews which each one taking 3 hours! They go through a huge book of interview questions similar to an exam paper except it seems to never end. They asked me to bring in my portfolio which impressed them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem wearing steel toe shoes?   1 Answer
    • Did you have a situation where you had a problem with the client/customer?   Answer Question
    • Did you have customer experience before? If so, how did your customer experience in work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

In overall, the interview was nice. I was asked a couple questions about my past experience. Also, the manager asked me behavioral questions, which she read from the paper.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed first with the HR employee who asked me relatively specific questions regarding the job position. Once she determined that I was qualified, she had me interview with the SASM (specialty assistant store manager) who did a role-play in which she acted as a customer and I had to sell a kitchen to her. Then I came back a few days later and she had me interview with the store manager who asked me specific role-related questions. The SM does not usually interview sales staff, but he does interview for specialty positions, especially the Kitchen Designer, as they have the highest-paid non-manager position in the store.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

On line application and test. In store interview with HR and assistant manager. Took too long to wait for the manager who was doing the second part of the interview. Also took too long to wait for the testing to come back.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Home Depot?   1 Answer

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Called for a phone screening then a face to face with HR. While interviewing I was told the kitchen designer position was not available but they had another full time position they wanted me to consider and asked me to return a week later to sit down with a department manager. So I arrive, introduce myself and the managers first words were, you have a great resume are you only looking for full time employment. Yes! That was noted on my application full time only as well as my salary requirements. Long story short they offered me a part time position at less than half the salary requested. Actually, a salary I was making out of high school in the late 80s. I was rather annoyed. Why waste my time and theirs. They ask these questions on applications... Why not read it!! If I'm asking 18.50-20 an hour did they really think I'm going to work for $9?????

Interview Questions

• If You were working with a customer asking endless questions about a hammer and another customer interrupts asking about a much more expensive item that he seemed serious about purchasing...what would you do?   1 Answer

Offer was ridiculously low. Not even something I would try to negotiate higher.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

It was at a job fair. A human resources person did the interview. The questions were routine and basic. I did give them a resume. I was called with the offer

Interview Questions

• How much Experience do you have working with 20/20 software.   Answer Question
    • Do you like working with customers? Do you know anything about retail sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with the store manager for about 45 minutes. The manager was impressed with my portfolio and sales experience. The manager was easy to talk to and asked pointed questions but because it was more of a conversation the answers came naturally. I was impressed with this person.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers if you are the only person on the floor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mobile, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

Loved the interview.One on one interview with the Moffet Road Assembly Of God Church Kitchen Supervisor Mrs. Virginia Mayo.She loved my work ehtic.And my previous training. She explained what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Do you love working around kids?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in a church kitchen?   1 Answer