The Home Depot Kitchen Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Kitchen Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Quincy, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

Very grueling, common questions that come from a printout that seems to be the standard for any job anymore.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are little negotiations available with this company

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2007.

Interview

I submitted detailed application online. Was called about 10 days later with phone interview. Made appointment for one on one interview in about 15 days. Had interview with human relations manager and was offered position as long as background check and drug testing were acceptable. I did not feel the HR person knew a lot about what was required for kitchen design.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been practicing kitchen design specifically and what other skills from interior design will apply?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

After the phone interview with corporate I was set up for an in store interview. The manager was not aware of my interview so he rescheduled. On the second interview I had to wait over 45 minutes. I completed a group interview with the department head and a manager. I was then asked back to do another interview with a separate manager. I was then asked back for a 3rd interview with the Store Manager who offered me the position

Negotiation

The store manager offered me $2 less than the corporate off had told me would be the pay. After waiting $30 minutes for the manager to decide whether or not he would approve the higher pay he stood strong to his first offer. I declined the job and was called 3 days later offering me the original amount the corporate office had promised

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Called for a phone screening then a face to face with HR. While interviewing I was told the kitchen designer position was not available but they had another full time position they wanted me to consider and asked me to return a week later to sit down with a department manager. So I arrive, introduce myself and the managers first words were, you have a great resume are you only looking for full time employment. Yes! That was noted on my application full time only as well as my salary requirements. Long story short they offered me a part time position at less than half the salary requested. Actually, a salary I was making out of high school in the late 80s. I was rather annoyed. Why waste my time and theirs. They ask these questions on applications... Why not read it!! If I'm asking 18.50-20 an hour did they really think I'm going to work for $9?????

Interview Questions

• If You were working with a customer asking endless questions about a hammer and another customer interrupts asking about a much more expensive item that he seemed serious about purchasing...what would you do?   1 Answer

Offer was ridiculously low. Not even something I would try to negotiate higher.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

It was at a job fair. A human resources person did the interview. The questions were routine and basic. I did give them a resume. I was called with the offer

Interview Questions

• How much Experience do you have working with 20/20 software.   Answer Question
    • Do you like working with customers? Do you know anything about retail sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Providence, RI) in October 2011.

Interview

First you speak to the HR, then you meet with the store manager. They wanted to know background and experience. Must take drug test. Not too difficult of an interview. They wanted to know how familiar you are with the store layout. Know which aisle different product is located like faucets vs. nails, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed first with the HR employee who asked me relatively specific questions regarding the job position. Once she determined that I was qualified, she had me interview with the SASM (specialty assistant store manager) who did a role-play in which she acted as a customer and I had to sell a kitchen to her. Then I came back a few days later and she had me interview with the store manager who asked me specific role-related questions. The SM does not usually interview sales staff, but he does interview for specialty positions, especially the Kitchen Designer, as they have the highest-paid non-manager position in the store.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

On line application and test. In store interview with HR and assistant manager. Took too long to wait for the manager who was doing the second part of the interview. Also took too long to wait for the testing to come back.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Home Depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with the store manager for about 45 minutes. The manager was impressed with my portfolio and sales experience. The manager was easy to talk to and asked pointed questions but because it was more of a conversation the answers came naturally. I was impressed with this person.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers if you are the only person on the floor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Submitted online application. Interviewed with store manager. No openings in desired position, but, offered position in favorable alternate dept. Offer accepted. Manager stated, I would be contacted the following week to schedule for orientation. Following week, No call received. I called and left 3 seperate messages, no response. 2nd week, contacted by manager of another store with a current opening in the position I had originally applied for. Unable to apply, application status frozen by 1st store manager. Called, left message, requesting release of application status due to 3 week delay in scheduling of orientation and availability of position at alternate store. Request declined, 4th week contacted to schedule orientation appt. During orientation, notified reassigned to dept 59 Decor instead of Dept 36 Outside Design Consultant. Refused reassignment, reinstated as Dept 36, but in reality provided full coverage for dept 59.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, mostly concerned with scheduling and availibility to work weekends.   Answer Question