The Home Depot Kitchen Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Kitchen Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

In overall, the interview was nice. I was asked a couple questions about my past experience. Also, the manager asked me behavioral questions, which she read from the paper.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with HR then again with both HR and store manager. Easy interviews as long as you know a thing or two about kitchen design. It was more based on having a personality to work in retail and having a schedule to work retail hours.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I didn't apply to them. HR contacted me after seeing my resume online and asked me if I was interested in the job. After 2 phone interviews and 2 in-store interviews, I got the job during my 4th interview with the store manager.

The interview process is lengthy especially the in-store interviews which each one taking 3 hours! They go through a huge book of interview questions similar to an exam paper except it seems to never end. They asked me to bring in my portfolio which impressed them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem wearing steel toe shoes?   1 Answer
    • Did you have a situation where you had a problem with the client/customer?   Answer Question
    • Did you have customer experience before? If so, how did your customer experience in work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Casa Grande, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

They ask the basic interview questions because the Human Resource person usually has no clue about the ins and outs of your specific job title. There are so many different positions at Home Depot so your chances of getting a job in a department are good, they hire anyone because their turn over rates are so high

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over another candidate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mesa, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Mostly situational questions about dealing with customers in the kitchen showroom. How to deal with upset customer, questions to ask a customer when they are looking to buy a kitchen, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some questions that come to mind when you are talking to someone about doing a kitchen remodel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

the process was good, the interviewer was not good, there was specific things that were being looked for but when it came down to them it was not good. if i was to rate it overall it would be 3

Interview Questions

• When you are starting up a design what are the first questions you need to discuss with the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hawthorne, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

This was odd in that I applied for a job in the Kitchen design Department, but realized I was being interviewed for the TILE Dept. First I had to navigate an automated interview system, then personal phone interview, then in store. I waited in the store for over an hour, and while the interviewer was reasonably polite, she showed very little real interest in me. Granted, I was transitioning from owning my own business in advertising, and was looking for an opportunity to translate customer service and creative consulting skills in a completely new arena. I think that just confused this woman. She meant well and clearly wanted not to have to think about a candidate that did not present in some way she was accustomed to. And in the meantime, a colleague just walked into her office and chatted RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERVIEW - she said nothing. Now that...is just simply rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Utica, MI).

Interview

Came in before the scheduled time and waited about 15 minutes before the manager finally came. Then during the course of the interview the manager left 4 times. A seven question interview took over an hour and a half. I sat in an empty room by myself longer than it took to do the actually interview. They don’t respect my time and are very unprofessional.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Great Interveiw, I had a 30 minute interview with the DH kitchen and bath they asked me about my prior work,and she was very easy to talk to,I later had another interview with the store manager and they were very I'm pressed with my work, I was offered a job on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salem, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Complete online app and skills assessment. Application is very generic and does not allow for any supplemental information. Only lets you list employers and job titles. Corporate screens apps and does not consider application criteria, most importantly, location when sending leads. Many positions are pre-posted for future anticipated positions vs. actual jobs to be filled. Corporate conducts phone screening and then selects candidates for in-store interviews with management. Meeting is with one or more staff members on location.

Interview Questions

• Relevant experience for this position.   1 Answer