The Home Depot Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Augusta, ME) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out application and profile online, must have passed because I was contacted with an invitation for a phone screening, then scheduled for an in-store interview. Met with very nice Assistant Store Manager who did a 3 part interview process. 2 days later got a phone call to meet with the Store Manager. The interview was comfortable and professional, this time with two people the Stor Manager and different ASM. I was thrilled with how things progressed until the dream job offered with made with a wage I was unable to accept. Corporate sets the limits, so if they call me back with what I need, I'm taking it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate an hourly wage. Corporate would not budge, I don't understand how they can expect to retain professionals for this wage. Perhaps they will rethink their strategy. It's not even close to what they were offering 2 years ago for the same job.... too bad I wasn't looking then.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

At first I was shortly interviewed (about 4 minutes) over the phone and to set up a face to face interview within a weeks’ time at the Home Depot that I had applied. At the day of the interview the person who is a manager was 8 minutes late and she was somewhat apologetic. She said that she was just filling in for the person that I was supposed to interview with being that she was on vacation. She asked normal interview questions and then she indicated that I had done well and to expect a call to set up a 3rd interview with the person in charge of this department. A week later I received a call to set up the 3rd face to face interview. On the 3rd face to face interview the person that was about to interview me was also late like 15 minutes and she could not locate my paperwork, not sure what happened at that moment. She asked me typical interview questions related to this position and also layout the gamma of responsibilities that this position entails and how important it is to do well and to have great customer service skills, in addition to open credit for the customer as a quota was very important. She didn’t seem to be prepared to conduct this interview but played it pretty well, in conclusion once finish we shook hands and she didn’t say much after that.

Interview Questions

• I was asked: “Is there any department that you do not feel comfortable working?” “Is there anything that you thing you may need improvement on?”   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Smith, AR).

Interview

Called in for Interview after applying online, was given a second interview with the Specialty Sales Assistant Store Manager and then Store Manager without ever leaving the HR office. I left the store with a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• The most important questions are scenario based. You are given a scenario and then given a few minutes to think through your response, then graded on how well your prioritize the customers, integrated coaching of the associate, and resolve the overall conflict.   Answer Question

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2016.

Interview

Manager was friendly. Questions from the phone interview were asked on the in-person interview. I was asked about my availability, what other areas was I interested in and my sales experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Longview, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Longview, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, though plan on not actually getting in to your interview for about 30+ minutes after they tell you where it's going to be. Depending on who interviews you, they are pretty laid back, but definitely about being the outgoing, bubbly personality that is customer driven. It's all about the customers with this company.

Interview Questions

• They do a role play scenario (this one stumped me as I am not good at playing 'pretend')   1 Answer

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Only one interview required. I met directly with the HR Manager for the store. It was about 30-45 minutes. They asked about sales and retail experience. They also asked for examples of situations where your skills were utilized.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience very much desired.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Moultrie, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Moultrie, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with Assistant Store Manager. First there is a question and answer section to demonstrate how knowledgeable you are about kitchen and bath design. Then there is a Role play section to demonstrate your personnel selling, and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

First you submit your resume, then you do a battery of tests online; each time you pass one, you go to the next test. The tests were largely tests that reflect the products the store sells, and to see how familiar youa re with various products. I felt for the positions, the tests were very specific and bordered on the professional level. To do customer service, none of these tests are really required. Also tested for language qualifications was given. The language test had questions about the different tools they sell, and answering questions about customer service. There were a total 5 tests.

Interview Questions

• Written questions were first about how knowledgeable you were in various departments they have, including Horticulture (yes no gardening, but Horticulture) you should know difference btwn deciduous trees, coniferous trees,etc. What is a perennial plant, and an annual plant. Questions about plumbing, types of drains, types of pipes, what is average size of sheet rock, timber questions. Once everything is ok, you get a call in a few days to go over a verbal interview which is short, & not difficult. You get asked questions like "what makes you a good candidate for the job", a "what if" scenario, have you ever encountered difficult team work & what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Harbor, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

First call was from their Human Resource Center in Georgia. Asked if I was still interested in working for Home Depot. Also, they asked if I was flexible regarding work hours, including evenings and weekends.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked for help finding a product in a different department?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They were very helpful in providing most information regarding policies, procedures, and benefits. They asked a few questions on customer service strategies and knowledge in situations you may encounter.

Interview Questions

• How will you perform customer service to an angry customer   Answer Question