The Home Depot Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

The Home Depot Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.6

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2009.

Interview

Online application process. Then a scheduled interview with (now defunct) store based Human Resources department.

Interview Questions

• Did I know the design program 20/20   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had experience with the design and the offer was top dollar for Home Depot.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bowie, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Took a lot of patience. Called in for an interview. Called for a second interview and was told they were trying to figure out where I would do them best, Third interview, got an offer. Met with the manager to discuss pay. Offered 15 even though I had asked for 20. Had to do a drug test and then had to wait for the result. It took a while for them to get back with me. So long I was wondering if they had changed their mind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. It was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They were very helpful in providing most information regarding policies, procedures, and benefits. They asked a few questions on customer service strategies and knowledge in situations you may encounter.

Interview Questions

• How will you perform customer service to an angry customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Longview, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Longview, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, though plan on not actually getting in to your interview for about 30+ minutes after they tell you where it's going to be. Depending on who interviews you, they are pretty laid back, but definitely about being the outgoing, bubbly personality that is customer driven. It's all about the customers with this company.

Interview Questions

• They do a role play scenario (this one stumped me as I am not good at playing 'pretend')   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Smith, AR).

Interview

Called in for Interview after applying online, was given a second interview with the Specialty Sales Assistant Store Manager and then Store Manager without ever leaving the HR office. I left the store with a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• The most important questions are scenario based. You are given a scenario and then given a few minutes to think through your response, then graded on how well your prioritize the customers, integrated coaching of the associate, and resolve the overall conflict.   Answer Question

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2016.

Interview

Manager was friendly. Questions from the phone interview were asked on the in-person interview. I was asked about my availability, what other areas was I interested in and my sales experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry client?   1 Answer

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

Interview

3 Intervies, Phone then 1st and 2nd interview. Very invasive quizzes and department detailed..The first interview is a phone interview based out of Georgia, the second was with an assistant manager then the 3rd with the store manager

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Toms River, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Questions from the online application but just were asked in a different way and in different order of application. He had my application test questions and re-asked questions in a different way.

Interview Questions

• Exactly what was on application but just were asked in a different way and in different order of application. He had my application test questions and re-asked questions in a different way   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Moultrie, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Moultrie, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with Assistant Store Manager. First there is a question and answer section to demonstrate how knowledgeable you are about kitchen and bath design. Then there is a Role play section to demonstrate your personnel selling, and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hampton, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on line which included taking a test. I then received a brief phone interview from corporate HR. Then I received a call from the local store, and I went in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to define what Customer Service meant to me   1 Answer