The Home Depot Lead Generator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Lead Generator Interview Questions

2.3

Lead Generator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online then went in for an interview. The people were somewhat serious, but still friendly. The hiring process didn't take long, and I started and finished all the training in a couple of days, although some people take 1 to 3 weeks. The interview questions were generic ones, like: tell me about a time you offered great customer service and what made it great, tell me about a stressful customer encounter and how you handled it, what are skills you possess you feel will help you in this position, and so on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bristol, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was originally hired as an appliance sales associate then promoted to lead generator. I first did a phone interview and then was asked to go for an in person where I interviewed with the Assistant Store Manager, who was and is my direct boss. Then was asked to interview with the store manager and was offered the job on the spot. Was sent for a drug test, did so, and was not contacted for 2 weeks. Having never done drugs I was livid and contacted the store and found out that my drug test came back "unfavorable". Therefore I was calling anyone and everyone to get this cleared up, even drove up to the store. Finally upon arriving home after my trip to the store I received a call stating that they had mixed up my file with another candidate and asked that I come in to start training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very minimal, she originally offered 9.25 an hour and when she realized the craziness of the process because of the errors Home Depot had made bumped it to $9.50.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interview was easy; you are asked if you are comfortable speaking to people. You are asked situational questions.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Poway, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

group interview ....ask the group to try to get as many leads in 4 hours in the beginning they they said most of your lead will come out of mill works..then then later mills works was off limits

Interview Questions

• can you walk up to strangers and ask for a free estimate   1 Answer

Lead Generator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2013.

Interview

If you have good customer service skills and actively look for customers to help, you'll be a good candidate. Make sure your knowledgeable on credit cards, installation services available and current store promotions.

Interview Questions

• Have some real customer service examples that you can showcase your customer service skills and sales ability.   Answer Question

Lead Generator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was delayed do to absentee HR and vacationing supervisors. Then after 3 interviews the pay offered was substantially less than expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation room.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Must apply online, no way around it. Took so long to get a response I forgot I applied. After a fairly lengthy phone interview they wanted to set up an in person interview. By then I had moved and asked if I could interview at one in particular "location "A" (I had applied at 6 or so) that was not the one that picked me out of the pool, "location B". The phone interviewer from a call center in Georgia said I could only interview at location B or I would be "tossed back into the pool" until I got noticed again. I made the appointment at location B but went in and found the HR department in location A and told them where I was in the interview process and that I would like to work for them. With a bit of insistence I got in even though they weren't hiring because I was overqualified but have a great work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Why did you go to college to end up here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay was offered. They basically told me to go drug test and come to work. If I were to do it over I would have insisted on a higher wage not only based on my previous salaries, but because now I see that they pay as little as they can get away with and give their friends bigger raises than even good, hardworking, faithful "lifers". I believe pay should be based on merit and raises offered more often if warranted.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbus, OH) in September 2009.

Interview

After taking an online personality test I was called in for an initial interview. I was a veneran and so was the guy who interviewed me so it was only a few minutes long before it was done and was told I would get a call. Was called the next day and had a second interview which was little more than a position and pay consult along with a drug test.

Interview Questions

• None. I got in because I had a connection to the past of the one who interviewed me.   Answer Question

Lead Generator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2012.

Interview

I worked for 9 months as a cashier and found that I wanted to spread out a little bit and become a Lead Generator. I applied at the career center and talked to the Operations Manager about my ideas, and where I'd like to be. I knew the position was available and I wanted to take advantage of it. I had a "formal" interview which was basically just going over what I knew about various promotions and offers and then I met with the store manager who offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Lead Generator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2010.

Interview

Before i had the interview, i was told to come in and take an "exam", i don't think that it's mandatory for every job at home depot but apparently it was for the lead generator position. I was given a tour of all the signs in the store and if i got the job, what it would consist of. had to make one small sign and 2 big ones. The only reason that i got the interview is because my friend kept bugging them about it, but they were in no hurry to get any interviews, they are so SLOW about everything! There were 9 questions that dealt with various situations that you have had in the past and how you dealt with them. Also, previous employment questions, for example how well you deal with angry customers.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with angry customers?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time when you had a problem that you didn't know how to solve and talk about the outcome.   Answer Question