The Home Depot Lead Security Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Lead Security Engineer

The Home Depot Lead Security Engineer Interview Questions

Lead Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in June 2008.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter about a week after I submitted my resume for the position. She scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager to occur a few days later. The hiring manager called and asked me a few technical security questions, along with general questions about my experience and intentions for looking around. The next day the recruiter called me in for a face-to-face interview. A few days later met with the hiring manager and another Lead Security Engineer at their SSC location in NW Atlanta. Great complex, complete with food court, gym, bank, the works. I was called back for a second interview with the hiring manager and the CISO a few days later. Asked some good questions by the CISO. Offer presented within two days after that.

Overall not a difficult interviewing process. They appear to have some very sharp people over there; if you know your stuff you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe the differences between symmetric and asymmetric encryption, and scenarios where one is more appropriate then the other.   1 Answer

I did not accept the offer because I was concerned about THD's corporate culture at the time and how they had gained a reputation as a sweat shop. Given what I saw I may consider employment with them in the future at some point, since it appears this perception and culture are changing given new senior leadership.