The Home Depot Logistics Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Logistics Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was an internal candidate so I had a bit of an advantage. I was asked solely analytical questions (which was great, because I hate the "give an example of a time when you" type) and given a small task to complete.

Interview Questions

• Are you confident telling external business partners that they are not hitting their performance numbers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview with a HR/talent analyst, 2nd interview with two finance managers, 3rd interview with senior finance manager - brief wanted to know if I would fit in with the department

Interview Questions

• normal behavioral interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Normal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Just a single round of interview. Mostly based on a standard set of behavioral questions (Tell me about a time ..' type questions) and questions on points stated on your resume. Was called by the HR after about 3 weeks to enquire about my visa status (OPT). Subsequently, I was called by the hiring manager and told that I had be selected for the position and would be offered a salary of 58k. I was asked to drop by their office within the next week for a round of 'introductions'. I went to the office and met my hiring manager's supervisor. As someone with significant work ex and a Masters degree, the salary was well below my expectations. It seemed more like an entry level job with some reporting to do and calling up vendors to ensure compliance with their transportation policy.

I tried to negotiate the salary but was told it is comparable to the salaries being offered to other logistics analysts in the company. I then tried to find about their leave policy and asked if they would give longer vacation period to which they replied in the negative. They also do not have a sign in bonus nor a relocation amount.

And then, the HR informed me that I had to confirm my acceptance within 24-48 hours, which I felt was ridiculous. When they took more than 3 weeks to get back to me, I felt I deserved at least a week or two weeks to take my call. I asked the HR to speak to the manager and see if they were willing to extend the time for me to consider the offer.

Guess what. The next day, I get a call from the HR and she says my offer has been rescinded!!

More than their decision to cancel the offer, I felt offended by the manner in which they went about it and communicated their decision in a very impersonal and even rude manner. Initially I was upset when I received the call but then later I felt i was'nt a good fit in HD's work culture.

God's been kind and I have had good interviews with another big company and the salary being offered there is commensurate with my experience and skillset.

So, if you think you are good and are smart and well qualified, think twice before you apply to HD.