The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

1.8

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Pretty easy and straightforward questioning inside the interview. I had received a call from an automated hiring bot and I set up an appointment for this interview from there. You have to have a good resume to get looked at here so make it look fancy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Albany, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call. I completed an automatic phone interview and scheduled an in person interview. This took half an hour and one week later I signed on to work for them.

Interview Questions

• What is my previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Clermont, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call the next 3 days. I had my interview scheduled 10/12/17.i first had an interview with the manager then after that I had an interview with another manager .I was hired on the same day. Overall the interview was very straight forward and easy. I studied the questions from Glassdoor and I was asked Most of those questions.

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Merritt Island, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

pretty easy coming from my previous jobs. Simple drug test (mouth swab) and a background check that came back pretty quick. Not many questions really. Has far as my interview everyone was friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Elk Grove, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Couple of days later I received an email saying I am about to receive an automated call to confirm an in-person interview date. The interviewer was laid back and very nice. Asked mostly situational questions. Knew right away I didn't get it when she told me there were many candidates trying to land the same position and will call me next week if i get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took initiative on a challenging task. What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I had a very casual interview with the office manager because none of the managers were available. Really did not get asked much in the process. Have to take an instant drug test while you are there as part of the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pittsburg, CA).

Interview

It was all behavioral Questions. The manager Tony does the interviews and there were at least 8 questions during the interview. He will most likely hire an individual if he or she seeks part-time and is willing to work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, any other weekday is up to you.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer has a problem?   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

have to get the email for a phone interview first. It's an automated interview so it pretty straight forward. The actual interview were just various "what if this happened....how would you respond" and also "tell me a time where a customer got angry and explain your course of action" type questions. After that they will call you for a mouth swab drug test(instant results) and background check (background check takes like 1-2 weeks).

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was pretty simple got to the store checked in at the customer service desk. They sent me to the back were the managers office was. Met the manager they told me to wait a few minutes outside the office cause they were busy , few minutes go by and they get me, bring me into the office to start the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in retail , What to do if a customer gets angry with you, How to handle a fellow disgruntled employee ect   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

Applied online and was prompted to call the career staffing center by email to schedule an interview. Straight forward easy questions in front of two people. Was offered employment and did background check and drug test on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability?   1 Answer
    • As a lot associate, you're the first and last person customers see. What would you do as customers enter and leave the store?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer asked you about an item you had no idea about?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you took charge of a situation?   Answer Question