The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

They asked very basic questions. I had an interview with two different people. I put in my information for a background check and they do an oral drug test there on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience where you took charge?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

This was really fast in my opinion and I'm happy about that fact, I applied and about 4 days later I received the automated bot call which asked me to come in for an interview. At the interview it was pretty laid back really liked the atmosphere I will say I felt nervous when I first walked in because there were about 10 other people interviewing so I felt on edge but once I was up the manger took me to his office and I have to say one of the best interviews I've ever had the guy didn't feel like a manger he felt more like a family member trying to welcome you to his family. After the last question we actually chatted for 10 min and he asked me if I would be able to handle it I said yes and he told me your hired and to go back to the room to preform a drug test and background check that was 2 days ago and I just got the call today that I cleared everything and to come in and fill some more paperwork.

Interview Questions

• To be honest all the questions were just things that you would do even out of a job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

they give you a call if they are interested, first come the phone interview with 3 short questions, after that they call you for an in-person interview. and if they like you, they will give you a call back and offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from an automated bot to schedule a interview, went in and a had a easy (as will you if you prepared) interview. I had to comeback on two different occasions to 1. take a drug test and fill out some paperwork 2. To fill out some more paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Arlington, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was also referred by a friend that works there. I was called a week later and received an email to schedule an interview. The interview was one on one with the general manager. I filled out my availability before the interview questions, which consisted of basic questions. Afterwards, I was hired on the spot and the last thing I did was a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a customer that they say is not satisfied?   Answer Question
    • As a lot associate, you are the first and last person a customer sees. How would you make them have a great experience as they enter and leave the store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very laid back and not hard at all. he questions were very basic and you don't need to practice the interview questions tbh. I was offered the job after the last question and it was only my second interview ever.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to learn a lot of information at once.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview starts off by the company calling you and doing a short interview over the phone and later on they set up a 1on1 interview with Hr and after that they either offer you a position on the spot or have to wait a little while longer.

Interview Questions

• If I had any previous experience in household repairs.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied to 3 stores followed up a week later(Monday) 1 out of 3 answered , got an email the following week about phone screening and completed it(Monday), was scheduled for interview automated call (Friday), interview went well because I studied during the 3 days of the interview process (study is the KEY🔑 to success).

Interview Questions

• How would you greet a costumer ? Think about a time you completed a goal that was hard. Asked about my qualification and how would you questions.   2 Answers

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

applied online, got a voicemail saying to call this number, called number, had a phone interview about previos experiance and sceneria questions. got schedualed for an in person interview. it was the HR lady and store manager, the big boss. asked same questions as phone interview. got called a few days later to tell me i got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a great experience and was very simple. Quick and straight to the point interview. I revived a call interview from thier hiring staff and got an appointment for an interview on that same call. Then, I came for the interview about 15 minutes early and talked to the customer service desk for further directions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this is the right job opportunity for you?   1 Answer