The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

1.8

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I had a very casual interview with the office manager because none of the managers were available. Really did not get asked much in the process. Have to take an instant drug test while you are there as part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pittsburg, CA).

Interview

It was all behavioral Questions. The manager Tony does the interviews and there were at least 8 questions during the interview. He will most likely hire an individual if he or she seeks part-time and is willing to work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, any other weekday is up to you.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer has a problem?   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

have to get the email for a phone interview first. It's an automated interview so it pretty straight forward. The actual interview were just various "what if this happened....how would you respond" and also "tell me a time where a customer got angry and explain your course of action" type questions. After that they will call you for a mouth swab drug test(instant results) and background check (background check takes like 1-2 weeks).

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was pretty simple got to the store checked in at the customer service desk. They sent me to the back were the managers office was. Met the manager they told me to wait a few minutes outside the office cause they were busy , few minutes go by and they get me, bring me into the office to start the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in retail , What to do if a customer gets angry with you, How to handle a fellow disgruntled employee ect   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

Applied online and was prompted to call the career staffing center by email to schedule an interview. Straight forward easy questions in front of two people. Was offered employment and did background check and drug test on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability?   1 Answer
    • As a lot associate, you're the first and last person customers see. What would you do as customers enter and leave the store?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer asked you about an item you had no idea about?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you took charge of a situation?   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple questions, went great overall. Everything that was needed to know was instructed, was very well structured. Was offered the job on the spot and I personally gladly accepted.

Anonymous Employee in San Fernando, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Fernando, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an automated call a few days later to ask a few yes or no questions and to schedule an in store interview. Eight days after applying and I had my interview. The interview was simple(Three theoretical situations dealing with customers). They did an in store drug test and I filled some forms in the store. Eight days after that and I was back for an orientation with some other new hires. I started training the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a customer that looks troubled how would you assist them?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a customer that is angry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Casselberry, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Casselberry, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview took process took only about 15 minutes. I arrived early and sat in a waiting area. The staff was very friendly to me. You first fill out an online app. Wait for an email about if you're still interested in the position. Phone interview was automated and had to answer yes to about 10 questions, then it will schedule you for a face to face interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• There we about six questions coming from a packet. A lot of what would you say to a angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troutdale, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Troutdale, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole thing took 10 days. Got an automated phone call that made me answer yes or no by pressing 1 or 0, answer no and you don't get an interview scheduled. Then was told available hours and to pick one, also automated.

When I arrived was told to wait, they knew I was there for an interview. Manager came up told me to wait cause they had someone else. Then went in talked to him 1 on 1 then continued with assistant manager 1 on 1. A lot of the questions were "What would you do...?" then asked my hours and said they had many positions open and they want me to be a cashier, I accepted. Took drug test and signed papers right after and was told they will call when the results come back for drug test and background check. Was told my attire was good so dress good!

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received the email to do a on the phone screening then asked to come in for an interview this is my first job I'm applying to so I was a little nervous but I spoke to the hm and he was chill and laid back and told me if interested I would receive a call in two days, two days later I got the call for an second interview I spoke to the assistant n she was a chill and basic question then told me because they had other interviews to do then they would call if interested so it's been a few days on waiting but got a another interview for a different position and went today and said the same thing they call once they go over everything

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had made a mistake at something and what was the outcome   Answer Question