The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a great experience and was very simple. Quick and straight to the point interview. I revived a call interview from thier hiring staff and got an appointment for an interview on that same call. Then, I came for the interview about 15 minutes early and talked to the customer service desk for further directions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this is the right job opportunity for you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Reno, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied multiple times online and was finally called for an interview. Interview was simple, obvious questions like why do want to work at Home Depot and how would you deal with an unsatisfied customer.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty straight forward and simple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lockport, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a call from a call center approx. 2 or 3 weeks after applying on line. Face to face with 2 Interviewers the following week. Overall a pleasant experience. Please see other comments for full experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Essentially a standard interview.   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later was scheduled for an interview. The interview was a bit rushed I feel by the assistant manager that seemed to be more busy with everyone else than with the interview. After about 10 minutes it was done and I have yet to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (East Meadow, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone interview, then couple days later, I scheduled a 1 on 1 interview in the store. went in was asked 5 questions and few other questions about the store. No offer.
    Asked about prior experience
    Why I want this job.
    What makes me a good candidate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

it starts off with the little online test,then depending on what place or what psoition,they'll give you that
    the phone interviiew, i believe was just 2 questions,what are your skills and why you want to work here, (those aren't the exact questions, this was 2 weeks ago, my memory sucks) after that they/ll give u an automated call to schedule a 1 on 1 interview.the questions they asked was, what was my past experience and how to deal with irate (mad) customers. the interviewer seemed to only be paying half attention, i think the 1on1 was actually just a in person job summary.the drug test was a pain in the ass, but thats because i had to go on a saturday.
    after 2 weeks, ive gotten no response from them.

Interview Questions

• phone question 1 (i think)
      why do you want to work for us (or work in the position you chose.)
      1 Answer
    • 1 0n 1 question
      how do you deal with an irate customer
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Harlingen, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Received a call from Atlanta about 3 weeks after applying online. A phone interview of about 3 questions was conducted without notice. Referred my interview schedule to the Harlingen Home Depot, which was about three days after the phone interview.

The one-on-one interview was rather informal; I was interviewed by the operations manager. He read about 10 questions from a script, with questions that ask you to recall instances in past work, volunteer, and education experiences that display work ethics, strengths, and weaknesses pertinent to the questions. Then you play a sales associate in a role-playing scenario where the interviewer is a customer. He asked about making a doghouse. The operations manager acted informally.

At the end of the interview, I was told there was a new hiring system that The Home Depot had just adopted, and that they weren't sure when I would be called, and that I probably would be called from Atlanta headquarters. I haven't been called since; it has been 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer acting as customer: "Hello, I am frustrated with my dog. He runs around in puddles of mud and comes in and creates a big mess all over the carpet. I don't know what to do with him anymore. I'm frustrated. Can you help me?"   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2013.

Interview

You apply online to a job you want, they call you and do a phone interview and then they arrange another interview at the store outlet.

Interview Questions

• tell us a time when you had to solve a problem on your own   Answer Question