The Home Depot Lot Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.0

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jasper, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

Structured interview. Very efficient. I enjoyed myself and look forward to working there. Very professional and organized. Associates were very welcoming and helpful. Good place to apply to and to work at.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did something without being asked.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Lot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was pretty easy they didnt ask any tough questions just what was related to the position I applied for. I got a call a few days later and got hired overall the entire process went smoothly

Interview Questions

• Can you work in any type of weather   1 Answer

Lot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Just be polite, friendly, and ready to work. Overall, basic questions. Very good and positive experience. Be polite and dress to impress. The questions are basic and they ask about previous work experiences that could be applied towards this position or customer service

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Brief and precise. Applied online. The got a phone call interview for 3-5 minutes. After a week I received an email for physical interview. It took about 10-15 minutes then came 2 days later for an interview with the manager and got hired.

Lot Attendant Interview

Interview

The manager was very unprofessional, was late to the interview. Had to wait around for over 15 minutes.

The pay was a joke.

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mansfield, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I was asked a bunch of basic interview questions, why do I want the job, this job is can become quite demanding do you think you can handle it, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Took a while to get an interview when I was first hired. Applied in early May, did not get a call back until early August. Very straight forward interview questions to field qualifications for the job.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate pay

Lot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview

For this particular interview, I arrived fifteen minutes earlier than the interview time which was a good think because the store was extent in length and I was told were to head to speak with the hiring manager which happened to be the very far left and almost towards the end of the store. When I sat down with the interviewer, I was first signing papers to allow a background check and contact my former employers.

Interview Questions

• The questions that was asked by the hiring manager where:

Tell me of a time where you had to collect information.

Answer: At my previous job, we would get new items on certain months along with our
      regular menu. What I would do is collect information about these products and learn on how to sell it so I can use it for further use.

How would you sell a product that you weren't sure about?

Answer: I would ask another team member who has more information on the product and pay attention on how it is being sold to learn new information and make sure the customer question is being answered.

How do you handle a customer who is complaining about the service?

Answer: I would immediately apologize to the customer and assure them that they will be getting better service from me today. I will then continue to inform them that their products can be exchanged, returned, or fixed and provide the best possible solution to the customer.

Tell me about a time where you accomplished a task without it going noticed.

Answer: At my previous job, I would often be given a series of task of what to do during my shift. After finishing my daily task, I would do additional side work for other team members without being asked.

How would you make sure a customer is satisfied when they walk in the store and walk out?

Answer: I would give them a warm welcome and let them know I am here to provide any assistance they need or what to look for. I would also let them know if they need further help, they can ask me.

After this, the hiring manager went to go get the store manager and he asked me questions:

Tell me about yourself.

Answer: I am an outgoing person who enjoys working with other team members to accomplish store goals and the three words that would describe me are service minded, passionate about learning, and work oriented.

Why do you want to work here?

Answer: I did allot of research on this company and what I found interesting and unique is that your company assist other customers finding the right type of tool through giving them clinical guidance on how to use it. This is the type of atmosphere that I strive for and I work best where my goals matches the companies goals.

Tell me about your previous experience.

Answer: I have over five years of experience working with customers and throughout my experience, I have developed great communication skills, handling conflicts, achieving tasks at a faster pace, and develop work values.

Why did you leave your other job?
      I told them why I quitted my job. A good answer would be seeking better responsibility.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

got a call from the hr for a phone intereview and they asked basic question then they scheduled me for a store interview. I interviewed with one manager and then had a second interview with the store manager and he offered me the job. I had to take a drug test within 24 hours.

Lot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview process is easy, the hiring process is annoying. You have to wait about 3 weeks to hear back from them. Then if you dont kiss butt or slave they wont keep you after your 90 days.

Negotiation

They hire you as a temp, the home depot i worked for didnt keep it professional and lied about my hours being cut, later i was let go.