The Home Depot Merchandise Execution Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.2

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview over the phone is a series of questions regarding skills, scenarios, time availability, safety concerns, and desire to work in the Home Depot environment. The second interview is in the store with a Supervisor. Several questions to answer regarding work ethic, knowledge of the position in which you are applying, and history of experience in relation to the work requirements. Hours, wages, and expectations are also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you feel you had many tasks to complete in a short amount of time. Did you meet the requirement and how did you prioritize those tasks in order to do so?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Tehachapi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tehachapi, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online...received a phone interview within 2 days, then an in person interview with the MET Supervisor. Interview was about average. Supervisor was great. Explained position in detail.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Less than a week later, got a phone interview. They ask about job history and how would you ensure safety in the workplace. Then set up in person interview right on the spot

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied to this job online and was contacted about a week after for a phone interview. They asked generalized questions, for example, whether or not you'd be willing to travel. A few days after the phone interview I was called by a manager and asked to come interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel if necessary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was very casual and easy going. Only asked questions pertaining to the work that I was applying for, Merchandising Execution Associate. I was asked if I had any previous experience in the Merchandising field.

Interview Questions

• Did I have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somersworth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Somersworth, NH) in July 2016.

Interview

the process starts with filling out an application online then taking assessment quizzes. If they like what they see you'll receive a call from Regional Human Resources they give you a set of questions if they like what they hear they set you up with an in-store interview. The in-store interviews pretty standard going over your application asking you a set of questions etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the home depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ocala, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

After receiving an email requesting a phone interview I called and answered a few computerized questions. Immediately after, I scheduled a over the phone interview. After Over the phone interview I was asked to schedule a in person interview. I was interviewed by the MEM and offered a position the same day.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with being asked to constantly modify/change your work? Like if you JUST finish a project and management asks you to take it down and do if over completely different.   Answer Question

Merchandise Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Helena, MT) in July 2016.

Interview

Online application and various skills testing with number questions and memory tests. Screening phone interview with corporate office in Atlanta followed by in-person interview at the store with the MET supervisor. In-person interview was pretty standard - no surprises. Attention to detail in this job is important because every product in the store has a SKU number associated with it. Being good with numbers and very basic math skills is a definite plus.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have that will help you in this position?   1 Answer

Merchandise Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Louisville, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and within 2 days I received a call to schedule a phone interview. A day after the phone interview, I was contacted for the in-person interview. The interview process was easy and the interviewer was very pleasant. I was given the ok for hiring as long as the drug test came back negative, which it did. About 4 days later, I was contacted by the District Mgr about the work schedules available: M-F from 6-230pm or overnights (don't remember the time because I did not choose this one). I started the following week. So, it took about 1.5 weeks in total.

Interview Questions

• Not verbatim, but one question had to do with my ability to get along with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (O'Fallon, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 3 days later. it was a recording question me question and then a real person, a lady answered the phone. She asked me basic question and scheduled me an interview 2 days later at my local Home Depot Store at 9;30AM.

I went to guest service to notify them I was here for the interview. Before I got to finish my sentence, the guy at guest service said my name and I agreed that it was me. He said, "Yes!" And told me I can sit down while I wait. The guy was cool. A manager came and told me to follow him to the back. The interview went nice. He asked me easy question that pretty much related to my past experience in retail(I will mention questions he asked below). When we he was done asking me question, we was done and he told me he will contact me if those choose to hire me. He also told me if I don't hear back from them, just update your applications on the Home Depot site and try to receive another interview. To me, it seemed I didn't get the job, but who knows.

It has been a week and I didn't get a call from my local Home Depot store. Keep in mind, I was dressed nice and have a professional attitude. i also had a folder with my resume just in case he wanted to see my resume.

Also forgive me, I forgot a lot of the questions at the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) What would you do if you had to climb a ladder on the floor?

2)Explain a time where you had to be sure to match identical items.

3)Explain a time where you had many responsibilities to do in little time.   Answer Question