The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.2

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palisades, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palisades, NY).

Interview

Asked me questions on experience, as long as you think prior to the interview about all of your experiences and does that relate to the Home Depot you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy. Didn't shed a year. No awkward moments and was offered a job on the spot. One of the easiest job interviews I ever had. Was working in less than 2 weeks from interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect in an employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Butler, PA).

Interview

Applied online it took them 3 weeks to call back and i got a phone interview with a voice recording then a real person. Then i got a store interview. She asked a few scenario questions. Then at the end of the interview I was informed they had 3 other people to interview and that a store associate wanted the position and that current employees get top priority.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle hazardous material on the sales floor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lagrange, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I've already had two interviews, for two different positions. Usually two people are interviewing you and taking notes. First they asked me what shift I wanted to work, then they had 8 general questions. As you make sure you work in an environment that meets the standards of being safe. You do at the moment of completing your work, but you are constantly interrupted. Those are examples of how easy questions are.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upper Marlboro, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I heard back from THD Retailing Staffing Center 2 days after I applied and then the following week I had my interview from scheduled. The interviewer showed me a little hands on of what was required me if i was to be hired

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lebanon, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email and called the phone number. The phone interview was automated and consisted of yes/no questions. I then spoke to a person over the phone who asked me standardized questions and set up me up for an interview at the store. The store interview consisted of ten standardized questions.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sarasota, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Took phone interview, position was full time, but when they called it was only a part time position. I did not proceed further than the phone interview. I told them I needed a full time permanent position

Interview Questions

• They asked questions pertaining to safety and teamwork   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a senior recruiter about the position, i applied after she contacted me. then i had a phone call screening and a few days later i was invited onsite for a two people panel interview.

Interview Questions

• how will you handling a difficult task, describe a time where you've had to multitask.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vinings, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vinings, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Two case studies that you need to analyze for one hour. After the hour is up, the interviewers will come in and talk to you for another hour based on your analytics from the case study and various situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you faced adversity within a group and worked as a leader to overcome your obstacles to better the group as a whole.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

You have to do 2 case study problems about merchandising, so it takes a bit of prior knowledge. These were hard if you haven't done case studies before, so I would recommend trying to find some sample problems. Then you proceed to do a normal interview where two people ask you questions. They will first ask questions about the case studies that you completed and ask you to describe the process you took to figure them out. Then you move on to some of the typical interview questions that employers ask.