The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2018

2.2

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Barstow, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Barstow, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email saying I was chosen for an interview. It took about a month to hear back about an interview. I did not have to do a phone screening but instead just answered questions from a link provided then got to schedule my in person interview. I interviewed with the merchandising supervisor. There was 10 questions which were mostly situational questions. I have prior experience in merchandising so it was rather easy. He told be he had 7 other interviews to do and only 1 spot available and he'll contact me later in the week. Two days later I got a call saying I got the position and if I can go in the next day for a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2017.

Interview

I went in about 10-15 minutes before my interview was actually scheduled and my interviewer came right away, which really helped with my nerves. He was very nice and walked me around the store, introduced me to everyone on the Merchandising team, and told me quite a bit about what exactly I would be doing if I got the job. We then went to his office where he asked me quite a few questions from a packet. There was probably about 15, and they were mostly all describe a time situations. It was a more difficult interview than I expected, but he was nice and went slow and made me feel very comfortable. The only awkward time was at the end after I asked a few questions we both just sort of sat there, haha. But he said he has a few more interviews to do and will contact the people he hires sometime next week so I’m really hoping I got it!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time questions... such as when my morals were challenged at school or work , those sort of questions.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2017.

Interview

This was a typical interview using scenario based questions where the interviewer would pose a situation. The candidate is then given time to compose a verbal response. Most of the questions are designed to have the candidate give an example of how they handled a situation.

Interview Questions

• What generated your interest in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There was a phone screen for 30 minutes with a pre phone interview call to prepare for the interview. The questions were simple and straightforward - all behavioral. They wanted to know how my past experience would relate to the position and also if my personality would work well in this role.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Straight to the point as far as what the company expects. Who did the MET work for. And their main priority was to make the vendors look clean and professional.

Interview Questions

• Have you work in this line of work before   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2017.

Interview

nice and responsive process. was invited to the home depot campus in atl but after that lost contact with no update on my status. the hr department was really awesome and were supportive and communicative leading up to it though.

Interview Questions

• theres was a case study where you have to make recommendations based off of charts and numbers so be prepared for that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palisades, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palisades, NY).

Interview

Asked me questions on experience, as long as you think prior to the interview about all of your experiences and does that relate to the Home Depot you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy. Didn't shed a year. No awkward moments and was offered a job on the spot. One of the easiest job interviews I ever had. Was working in less than 2 weeks from interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect in an employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Butler, PA).

Interview

Applied online it took them 3 weeks to call back and i got a phone interview with a voice recording then a real person. Then i got a store interview. She asked a few scenario questions. Then at the end of the interview I was informed they had 3 other people to interview and that a store associate wanted the position and that current employees get top priority.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle hazardous material on the sales floor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lagrange, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I've already had two interviews, for two different positions. Usually two people are interviewing you and taking notes. First they asked me what shift I wanted to work, then they had 8 general questions. As you make sure you work in an environment that meets the standards of being safe. You do at the moment of completing your work, but you are constantly interrupted. Those are examples of how easy questions are.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question