The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.2

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview over the phone is a series of questions regarding skills, scenarios, time availability, safety concerns, and desire to work in the Home Depot environment. The second interview is in the store with a Supervisor. Several questions to answer regarding work ethic, knowledge of the position in which you are applying, and history of experience in relation to the work requirements. Hours, wages, and expectations are also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you feel you had many tasks to complete in a short amount of time. Did you meet the requirement and how did you prioritize those tasks in order to do so?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Tehachapi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tehachapi, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online...received a phone interview within 2 days, then an in person interview with the MET Supervisor. Interview was about average. Supervisor was great. Explained position in detail.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Less than a week later, got a phone interview. They ask about job history and how would you ensure safety in the workplace. Then set up in person interview right on the spot

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied to this job online and was contacted about a week after for a phone interview. They asked generalized questions, for example, whether or not you'd be willing to travel. A few days after the phone interview I was called by a manager and asked to come interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel if necessary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was very casual and easy going. Only asked questions pertaining to the work that I was applying for, Merchandising Execution Associate. I was asked if I had any previous experience in the Merchandising field.

Interview Questions

• Did I have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somersworth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Somersworth, NH) in July 2016.

Interview

the process starts with filling out an application online then taking assessment quizzes. If they like what they see you'll receive a call from Regional Human Resources they give you a set of questions if they like what they hear they set you up with an in-store interview. The in-store interviews pretty standard going over your application asking you a set of questions etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the home depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ocala, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

After receiving an email requesting a phone interview I called and answered a few computerized questions. Immediately after, I scheduled a over the phone interview. After Over the phone interview I was asked to schedule a in person interview. I was interviewed by the MEM and offered a position the same day.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with being asked to constantly modify/change your work? Like if you JUST finish a project and management asks you to take it down and do if over completely different.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (O'Fallon, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 3 days later. it was a recording question me question and then a real person, a lady answered the phone. She asked me basic question and scheduled me an interview 2 days later at my local Home Depot Store at 9;30AM.

I went to guest service to notify them I was here for the interview. Before I got to finish my sentence, the guy at guest service said my name and I agreed that it was me. He said, "Yes!" And told me I can sit down while I wait. The guy was cool. A manager came and told me to follow him to the back. The interview went nice. He asked me easy question that pretty much related to my past experience in retail(I will mention questions he asked below). When we he was done asking me question, we was done and he told me he will contact me if those choose to hire me. He also told me if I don't hear back from them, just update your applications on the Home Depot site and try to receive another interview. To me, it seemed I didn't get the job, but who knows.

It has been a week and I didn't get a call from my local Home Depot store. Keep in mind, I was dressed nice and have a professional attitude. i also had a folder with my resume just in case he wanted to see my resume.

Also forgive me, I forgot a lot of the questions at the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) What would you do if you had to climb a ladder on the floor?

2)Explain a time where you had to be sure to match identical items.

3)Explain a time where you had many responsibilities to do in little time.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbus, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was straight forward . However I had to ask her to repeat the question because she was reading it really fast. The hours is exactly what I need but don't know the pay

Interview Questions

• Would you be a great candidate for this position   1 Answer

Because it's far

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Valparaiso, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

-First, I received an email asking to take a phone interview. It was basic questions about the job and you had to select either, yes or no. E.g. Can you work this shift? After you are done with the questions, you talk to an individual for more in depth questions. E.g. What experience do you have in merchandising? I passed and took the soonest open slot for an interview a week later.
    -Every single employee was extremely friendly. I got there ten minutes earlier and had to wait a bit longer than that because someone messed up the interview time schedule. I was scheduled until the next day but I showed the manager my print out sheet, (don't forget to print it out and bring it) that confirmed it was today. He took the time to do the interview. The questions are easy but on the internet application and phone interview, I was told it was a full time position. During the 1;1 interview, I was told it was part time for 20hrs a week. I was told that I could get two or three part time jobs instead. Was a bit disappointed since.