The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Merchandising Execution Associate

The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

The whole process seemed fairly standard for retail, they score you with some paper they have. It also seemed to take longer than it should. The one on one was about average but I had to keep coming back to fill out some paper about this or that, pretty annoying. It made me think that it could be run a little more organized. Also, interestingly I was hired about two months before the job actually started.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to role play as an experienced garden associate and the interviewer as a new guy and he needs help figuring out the differences between string trimmers (weed whackers).   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, I was asked what did I make now and when I answered my now manager said something to the effect of I can swing that. Which lead me to believe It was more than average or about average. My advice to others would be know the pay scale which is about $9-$11 an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

Sat down with the Merch. Exec. Mgr. and he asked me about 5 questions as it relates to my past experience and how it would apply to this job. Very easy questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet a specific deadline although you had a lot on your plate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Before the interview, I did research on what the positions paid and found that on average it paid 3 dollars more an hour than what they were offering me. In the end, I was told that the pay for this particular position has gone down in the last year and was no longer as high. I feel that was nonsense.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boise, ID) in September 2010.

Interview

I was a Home Depot vendor and had a good relationship with the Merchandising Execution Manager prior to my employment.. I had a brief phone interview with this manager prior to doing a panel interview consisting of a Supervisor and the HR Manager. The process also involved a fictitious interaction with a "customer" to explain a product to them.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied for the job along with a lot of others, pretty much forgot about it til 6 months later when I got a call back about it. I agreed to come in for an interview, me and 2 other supervisors in the back room. A lot of the typical questions you get, "tell me about a time...".

Interview Questions

• Gave you info for a product, you had to memorize basically what it said, and then had to describe it to the interviewer as if they were an associate you were describing a new product to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically, this is the wage, not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlantic City, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

NEVER GOT PAST THE PHONE SCREENING. I applied for a position online. Received an email the next day to call the automated line, which I did 2 days later. (The automated line also called my voicemail the day after the email). I called it, it askes for zipcode, SSN info, asked if I can follow safety procedures, and asked if I can stoop, bend, climb..etc.. Then it transfered me to a LIVE person. They give you a brief scripted introduction about Home Depot. She said the job can be full time of 40 hrs or part time of 25 or less. Well.... The job I applied for is only 11 miles away, but would require travel (in my car) to different locations daily up to or over 30 miles. They reimburse you for mileage OVER 35 miles... and then proceeded to tell me the job pays $9.25 hr. and would I be willing to accept this. I declined. I have over 24 years of experience in this field. The offer was a joke. They basically thanked me for my time and that was it.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expected to hear the scripted line of what the job pays, but I guess it DID save me all the interview time and other formalities.   1 Answer

Truthfully? Do the math. $9.25hr and if I even get 40 hrs a week, that's $370 a week gross. $740 every 2 weeks, take out taxes of say 20%...that's $592, plus I'm paying for gas? My rent is $1025 mo. Maybe They will call back for one of the other positions I am experienced in.

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Paterson, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

I had set up an interview with the district supervisor. Due to a personal problem, someone else conducted the interview. I had scheduled a second interview w/ the district supervisor, and he told me to meet him at a certain location. When I arrived, he was not there. I called him, he said he was at another location nearby, so I went there to meet with him. I filled out background check paperwork, and was hired pending the results of a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What does Home Depot have to offer you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I have a friend in the same position in the company, and said friend told me what they would offer me before I even went for an interview, which was acceptable to me.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cape Coral, FL).

Interview

Standard interview process. They use a pre-determined set of questions and the interview is basically the same for everyone. You must be available for any shift to have the best chance.

Negotiation

Very straight forward they start you at $9-$10, but if you complete the training and meet their expectations you can be at $12 within a year. Also if your area meets it's sales goals the employees receive cash bonuses quarterly that can equal an extra weeks pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a brief interview with a bot. Was then transferred to a live rep who told me more about the job and that I would be traveling to the two closets HDs in my area, and I would be reimbursed for gas mileage over 35 miles a day, which was fine. She then began to ask me the general what would you do type of questions. After the interview was complete she transferred me over to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was scheduled to have an interview at a "Hiring Event" at a Devry University 30 miles away a few days later. I was asked to wait in a waiting room where there were Dunkin Donuts and one other guy waiting. The two MEA supervisors came took the guy and before I could finish reading a pamphlet they gave me at the door, they came back to get me. I was taken to a room filled with about 10 tables very close together, each table was other people being interviewed. Prior to the interview beginning I was informed I would be driving daily to about 5-7 different HDs in my area, they mentioned nothing about gas reimbursement and I didn't ask. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable on an interview where I am usually filled with nerves. The interview asked basically the same questions as the telephone interview, what would you do type, (if an angry customer, if your routine was changed, what safety precautions would you take etc) They were reading from a packet they had with predetermined questions. One read the other wrote.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were working in a group situation and your values were tested.   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online during the month of May and received my first telephonic interview in August. A second (on-site) interview was scheduled during the month August culminating with hiring for October. The process was relatively straight forward however it took approximately five months to fulfill.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard in nature for a retail environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sterling, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

I got an email asking me to call or visit a website because they were interested in speaking with me regarding my application. I called the number and answered a few questions by selection options on the phone. I was then connected to a representative who asked me a few more questions and then set up a 1 on 1 interview time at the store. I met with the supervisor of the MET team a few days later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you found a better way to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate.