The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.2

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Received email stating that I'd been chosen for an interview. The MET supervisor first did a short walk through with me around the store. She than took me back to an office and asked me company routine questions from a packet. I believe there were 10 questions. Some of them were a little tricky. After writing every one of my answers she graded my response on a scale from 1-5. After the routine questions I asked her a few, and then was offered the position. They did a background screening and an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Norwalk, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief and held at a store locations. The interviewer asked what seemed like pre-selected questions from an HR department. I took what could have been a verbal personality test. The interview process was relaxed and comfortable.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview over the phone is a series of questions regarding skills, scenarios, time availability, safety concerns, and desire to work in the Home Depot environment. The second interview is in the store with a Supervisor. Several questions to answer regarding work ethic, knowledge of the position in which you are applying, and history of experience in relation to the work requirements. Hours, wages, and expectations are also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you feel you had many tasks to complete in a short amount of time. Did you meet the requirement and how did you prioritize those tasks in order to do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Alexandria, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in at 7.30am, waited maybe ten minutes for the manager to come. He gave me a rundown of the job requirements, then took me to the back with another person for the interview. The questions were standard, read from a sheet of paper with the answers scored on a numerical system.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in your previous position, and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • How would you go about completing a task in the midst of constant interruptions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tehachapi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tehachapi, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online...received a phone interview within 2 days, then an in person interview with the MET Supervisor. Interview was about average. Supervisor was great. Explained position in detail.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Less than a week later, got a phone interview. They ask about job history and how would you ensure safety in the workplace. Then set up in person interview right on the spot

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied to this job online and was contacted about a week after for a phone interview. They asked generalized questions, for example, whether or not you'd be willing to travel. A few days after the phone interview I was called by a manager and asked to come interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel if necessary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was very casual and easy going. Only asked questions pertaining to the work that I was applying for, Merchandising Execution Associate. I was asked if I had any previous experience in the Merchandising field.

Interview Questions

• Did I have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Merchandise Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Helena, MT) in July 2016.

Interview

Online application and various skills testing with number questions and memory tests. Screening phone interview with corporate office in Atlanta followed by in-person interview at the store with the MET supervisor. In-person interview was pretty standard - no surprises. Attention to detail in this job is important because every product in the store has a SKU number associated with it. Being good with numbers and very basic math skills is a definite plus.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have that will help you in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somersworth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Somersworth, NH) in July 2016.

Interview

the process starts with filling out an application online then taking assessment quizzes. If they like what they see you'll receive a call from Regional Human Resources they give you a set of questions if they like what they hear they set you up with an in-store interview. The in-store interviews pretty standard going over your application asking you a set of questions etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the home depot?   1 Answer