The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

Sat down with the Merch. Exec. Mgr. and he asked me about 5 questions as it relates to my past experience and how it would apply to this job. Very easy questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet a specific deadline although you had a lot on your plate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Before the interview, I did research on what the positions paid and found that on average it paid 3 dollars more an hour than what they were offering me. In the end, I was told that the pay for this particular position has gone down in the last year and was no longer as high. I feel that was nonsense.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boise, ID) in September 2010.

Interview

I was a Home Depot vendor and had a good relationship with the Merchandising Execution Manager prior to my employment.. I had a brief phone interview with this manager prior to doing a panel interview consisting of a Supervisor and the HR Manager. The process also involved a fictitious interaction with a "customer" to explain a product to them.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Newnan, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward to what the company's expectations were of what the position was about. I was interviewed by a district manager which I am proud of because the district manager was the one who offered me the position. The district manager explained to me how the position was needed for the company and how it was created and gave me a lot of tips in order to perform the duties that were required to be successful.

Interview Questions

• "What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Westerville, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by M.E.T. supervisor directly, was short sweet and to the point. Hired after first interview. Started with a phone screen by automated call center, was asked a few qualifying questions then referred to the store with a time and place for the 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one time your morals where challenged and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview over the phone is a series of questions regarding skills, scenarios, time availability, safety concerns, and desire to work in the Home Depot environment. The second interview is in the store with a Supervisor. Several questions to answer regarding work ethic, knowledge of the position in which you are applying, and history of experience in relation to the work requirements. Hours, wages, and expectations are also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you feel you had many tasks to complete in a short amount of time. Did you meet the requirement and how did you prioritize those tasks in order to do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

The whole process seemed fairly standard for retail, they score you with some paper they have. It also seemed to take longer than it should. The one on one was about average but I had to keep coming back to fill out some paper about this or that, pretty annoying. It made me think that it could be run a little more organized. Also, interestingly I was hired about two months before the job actually started.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to role play as an experienced garden associate and the interviewer as a new guy and he needs help figuring out the differences between string trimmers (weed whackers).   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, I was asked what did I make now and when I answered my now manager said something to the effect of I can swing that. Which lead me to believe It was more than average or about average. My advice to others would be know the pay scale which is about $9-$11 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a brief interview with a bot. Was then transferred to a live rep who told me more about the job and that I would be traveling to the two closets HDs in my area, and I would be reimbursed for gas mileage over 35 miles a day, which was fine. She then began to ask me the general what would you do type of questions. After the interview was complete she transferred me over to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was scheduled to have an interview at a "Hiring Event" at a Devry University 30 miles away a few days later. I was asked to wait in a waiting room where there were Dunkin Donuts and one other guy waiting. The two MEA supervisors came took the guy and before I could finish reading a pamphlet they gave me at the door, they came back to get me. I was taken to a room filled with about 10 tables very close together, each table was other people being interviewed. Prior to the interview beginning I was informed I would be driving daily to about 5-7 different HDs in my area, they mentioned nothing about gas reimbursement and I didn't ask. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable on an interview where I am usually filled with nerves. The interview asked basically the same questions as the telephone interview, what would you do type, (if an angry customer, if your routine was changed, what safety precautions would you take etc) They were reading from a packet they had with predetermined questions. One read the other wrote.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were working in a group situation and your values were tested.   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online during the month of May and received my first telephonic interview in August. A second (on-site) interview was scheduled during the month August culminating with hiring for October. The process was relatively straight forward however it took approximately five months to fulfill.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard in nature for a retail environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Received a call 15 minutes after submitting online application, did a phone interview, 3 days later I interviewed in person. I then submitted a drug test and 1 week later, I started training.

Interview Questions

• Not any difficulties at all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

pay was easy to negotiate by about 25 cents but the schedule is permanent.

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Watertown, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

After you file an application and take the assessment test they provide, they conduct a preliminary phone interview, they ask you about how you would behave in certain situations at work and what experience you have. If they like you, you continue for a face to face interview at a store with the hiring manager for MET. They ask you a series of similar questions. If they'd like to hire you, they do a background and credit check as well as a urine analysis.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you don't know what to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiations. Starting pay 10.25 take it or leave it