The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Germantown, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied for this position online through the Home Depot job website and filled out the application. They sent me an automated e-mail saying that I need to call the retail staffing center for a phone interview. I called 2 days later and the phone interview consisted of automated questions that asked if I could perform the basics of the job and then I was transferred to a person who conducted a 5-10 minute interview with me. The questions themselves were fairly straightforward given that you have at least a year in retail experience or something relevant.

Interview Questions

• What project experience do you have that would qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I got an email that they were going to call me to have a phone interview with me. They called me that same day as I got the email. I was not able to answer at the time. I called back the day after and had the interview. Just in case you're wondering at first it's an operator but for the interview they transfer you to a h.r manager. It was my first interview so I was a bit nervous. Personally I think I was nervous but anyone who has experience should do good. In the end I was told "if they do hire you, you should be contacted via email or telephone." At least they were frank since the beginning. P.s it is a call from Georgia

Interview Questions

• What will you do to ensure your safety? Tell me a time you worked with a team to reach a goal? Tell me a time you had to manage your time, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Shortly after applying online, I received an email explaining that they would like to take a closer look at me, and possibly consider me for the position I had applied for. I did their basic phone interview, and the man doing the interview was quick to schedule me for an in-person interview at the Home Depot location in South Philadelphia on Oregon Avenue I applied at.

I wasn't able to give the man a date I was available for an interview, because it was a Friday, and my work schedule for the following week doesn't come out until Saturday night. I asked him, "If possible, could I somehow get in contact with you on Sunday to schedule the interview?" I was told it was absolutely no problem. All I had to do was call back Home Depot's career center and talk to someone to schedule it.

Sunday morning I had attempted to do as he instructed me, and upon calling Home Depot's career center and entering the sufficient information to confirm my identity and my application, their automated system shut me out, and would not allow me to speak with anyone, with some generic message along the lines of "Make sure you keep your application updated online. Goodbye."

I called the Home Depot location on Oregon Avenue in Philadelphia directly and was told to speak to a lady in HR. I had called her multiple times and was NOT ONCE able to speak with her. I was forwarded to her voice mail, in which I left multiple messages and never received a response. I called the store multiple times, and even when I was told that she was in her office, I was told I couldn't speak with her directly because "she's very busy". I never received a phone call back from her to this day.

This has been one of the worst, most disappointing application processes I've ever endured. I have since sought to withdraw my applications, as I wouldn't want to work for a company that treats potential new hires with such disregard.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was very easy. The most surprising question was probably one along the lines of "name a project that you've had to do in your life that required attention to detail".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Received a call 15 minutes after submitting online application, did a phone interview, 3 days later I interviewed in person. I then submitted a drug test and 1 week later, I started training.

Interview Questions

• Not any difficulties at all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

pay was easy to negotiate by about 25 cents but the schedule is permanent.

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Watertown, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

After you file an application and take the assessment test they provide, they conduct a preliminary phone interview, they ask you about how you would behave in certain situations at work and what experience you have. If they like you, you continue for a face to face interview at a store with the hiring manager for MET. They ask you a series of similar questions. If they'd like to hire you, they do a background and credit check as well as a urine analysis.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you don't know what to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiations. Starting pay 10.25 take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Victorville, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied to Home Depot online. I applied for several positions and received an invitation to take a personality test and at the same time, a skills test for two of the positions I applied for. From there, I was phoned for availability and then asked to come in for a one-on-one interview. I interviewed with my current supervisor and clearly impressed her. She called me a half hour after my interview and said she was certain she did not need to do anymore interviews and if I could come back and start the paperwork process. I accepted the opportunity and filled out the required paperwork and hiring processes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were faced with an ethical situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

They were very unorganized and did not impress me as a trustworthy organization. They really lacked on their follow through. I was overdressed, much better than my interviewer. They over glorified the position and under expressed the level of activity required. They said one thing in the interview than violated that statement on the actual work floor. There was three interviews and neither of them was with the actual person I was going to be working with. If I would have been interviewed buy the immediate supervisor at the time I would never have taken the position in the first place.

Interview Questions

• The starting pay is $9.25 and hour, how will that work for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbus, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was straight forward . However I had to ask her to repeat the question because she was reading it really fast. The hours is exactly what I need but don't know the pay

Interview Questions

• Would you be a great candidate for this position   1 Answer

Because it's far

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hadley, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

I read a script for a "role play" and then I acted it out. I was to pretend I was a Merchandising Executing Associate and give a demonstration to the interviewer (role playing an associate) of my skills on how to train another associate in selling the features and benefits of a string trimmer. I answered a few basic questions why I want the job, and what I will bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to an associate who did not know how to sell a string trimmer.(according to role play) may have involved replacement plan.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (O'Fallon, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 3 days later. it was a recording question me question and then a real person, a lady answered the phone. She asked me basic question and scheduled me an interview 2 days later at my local Home Depot Store at 9;30AM.

I went to guest service to notify them I was here for the interview. Before I got to finish my sentence, the guy at guest service said my name and I agreed that it was me. He said, "Yes!" And told me I can sit down while I wait. The guy was cool. A manager came and told me to follow him to the back. The interview went nice. He asked me easy question that pretty much related to my past experience in retail(I will mention questions he asked below). When we he was done asking me question, we was done and he told me he will contact me if those choose to hire me. He also told me if I don't hear back from them, just update your applications on the Home Depot site and try to receive another interview. To me, it seemed I didn't get the job, but who knows.

It has been a week and I didn't get a call from my local Home Depot store. Keep in mind, I was dressed nice and have a professional attitude. i also had a folder with my resume just in case he wanted to see my resume.

Also forgive me, I forgot a lot of the questions at the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) What would you do if you had to climb a ladder on the floor?

2)Explain a time where you had to be sure to match identical items.

3)Explain a time where you had many responsibilities to do in little time.   Answer Question