The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, 3 days later I received an email from home depot employment recruitment center that someone would be calling soon about my application. 2 days later I got a call from Georgia(headquarters) asking if I was still interested, and if I was could they do a quick 4 question screening. 2 days later I got another call asking If I can come in to my local home depot for a in-person interview. I scheduled it for the following Monday. The in-person interview lasted about an hour for me. My interviewer(the MET supervisor) asked me about 6 questions, then gave me a very informative explanation about how they work, what they do exactly, and how the system that they use works. All in all, it was a pleasant/easy experience. They ask you the usual work scenario questions etc. Just a heads up, they didn't tell me I got the job on the spot. I got a call from the supervisor 3 days after my interview that I had gotten the job. According to all the reviews I read here; people get hired on the spot but that isn't always the case. The store I was hired at had been conducting interviews for two days for a total of three stores in the same area. It makes sense they might take a while to notify you of their decision. So keep calm, and do your best! :)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Duluth, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

All took place at the Home Depot Store and lasted about 1 hour. Standard questions in regarding the job and the requirements for the position. They did hire me on the spot. Started training within a few days. Lot's of video training the first 2 weeks of employment.

Interview Questions

• What hours I was available to work   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The first process for any HD interview is a series of online assessments. They range from IQ type tests, to personality tests, to product knowledge tests.
    Next is a very simplistic phone screening, first with an automated system that basically asks if you are still interested in applying, then a real person comes on and asks a few questions about specific examples of your work/school experience.
    Third was an in-store interview with the Merchandising manager. That consisted of list of 10 questions that probed for how you handle customer service, stress and time management.

Interview Questions

• Site a specific time (in work or school) that you had to pay close attention to detail....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gahanna, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gahanna, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy with the usual "describe a time when" questions. The interviewer was respectful and laid back. Took a tour around the facility and the interviewer explained everything I needed to know. Took a drug test and background check and was on my way out!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision that affected the outcome of more than one person?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything was pretty straight forward, usually hourly pay is non negotiable anyway.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Interview

Everything done on line than electronically by phone. If you pass the electronic phone interview than you get rewarded with being able to answer questions from a human who is obviously reading from a computer.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work overnights? Do you have a reliable car?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work for $10.50/hr?   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was relaxed and thorough, the usual questions were asked about previous job history and how you could apply previous experience to this job. The office space we did the interview in was big enough to be comfortable but not over-bearing.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience benefit this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (State College, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was easier than a lot of other job interviews. I would say it was due to employer referral and considering I was familiar with most of the tools used for projects.

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oxford, MS) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick; they asked general interview questions just get a feel for who you are. After the interview, they take you on a tour to show what your job consists of.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deal with unexpected change   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I Applied online looking for openings near me; once I finished the application process, 3 days later I got an email response to call a number, which had a few automated questions where I had to use the dialpad to key in yes or no. After that, I got transferred to speak with an actual person asking basic questions relating to the job (if I was able to lift and stand for a period of time and a few about past work). I got scheduled for an interview 4 days later at the store. I had an early interview at 7 am and I was 30 minutes early. So I checked in at the services desk where they called the HR rep and store manager, they liked how early I was and the HR complimented that. The whole interview took around 10-15 minutes. Questions were about past work experience and situational dilemmas on what I would do or how I would react. All the questions were read from a sheet of paper and my answers were briefly written by the manager. I felt very comfortable and had just a tiny bit of nervousness. However, I felt like I answered all the questions the best I could and was complacent with how everything went (so if I didn't get offered the job, I was fine). I got a call 1 day later from the store manager and I was told that I fit their openings and if I was still interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be a great fit for the position I applied for.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I had to talk someone out from something.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I had to juggle multiple tasks at once.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I had done something incorrectly/wrong and how I was punished for it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Starts off with a phone call and an internet quiz. There is a some type of questionnaire where you will be immediately disqualified if you answer with anything less that saint-like answers. You then go into the store for usually a one on one interview. No need to be dressed super nice, environment is relatively casual. I know some places can be super slow about getting background checks done which is super frustrating for managers if they are trying to hire you. You will be drug tested.

Interview Questions

• What you do if you saw an employee stealing?   1 Answer