The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview first. Then an in person interview at the store where you are applying at. Interview has many "How did you handle this situation?" questions and briefly asks about your skills or knowledge set. The interview lasts about 30 to 45 minutes and if hired, paperwork and tour of work area will take about an hour. Total time spent there will be about 2 hours and 20 minutes but they will only pay you for two hours.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a problem with a coworker.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process is really quite simple. You're called in for a single interview and primarily asked questions pertaining to critical thinking and customer service. They want people who don't have to pester their supervisor over every minor issue, won't go postal on customers, and who will take the time to get the job done right when in doubt, that last part is a large part of corporate culture at THD.

Interview Questions

• If you encounter a problem you don't know how to solve, what do you do?   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Met with the MET supervisor and he asked me about my past experiences. He told me what the job entailed and asked if I had previously done it and if I was willing to do it at a fast pace at Home Depot. He liked my attitude and past experiences so he offered me the job by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in a team or by yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Toledo, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy two step process. One phone interview and one face to face interview. Phone interview was quick 5 minutes. Face to face interview was easy as well. I interviewed with the district manager and the merchandising in store supervising. After interview go to third party for a drug test. Very easy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call from the corporate office they asked four questions then said to for a phone call from the store I applied to. I'm still waiting. In the mean time I applied to other locations. They were hiring a ton of people for the spring season so I'm sure a lot of people applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you work in a team environment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vauxhall, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vauxhall, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Short and stupid. Asked silly questions about helping customers, which by the way they tell you later isn't part of this jobs title. The manager who interviewed me was so loud and unprofessional. He kept trying to put me on the spot with questions and it seemed to me he didn't think I knew enough to answer correctly.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to help a customer if you don't know about a product?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He did not want to offer me what I knew to expect. He kept trying to go lower until I said I will pass then he began talking on my terms.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The whole interview process was painless. You first get an automated call from THD headquarters HR staffing center from Atlanta...So be prepared to see a call starting with an area code of (770). After the automated system ask you some questions you talk to a live person for a phone interview, after you pass that then they set you up with a live person face to face at the store you are going to be working at. This whole process took less than a week. When I arrived I was greeted by the MET-(Merchandizing Execution Team) area supervisor as long with his district MET Supervisor. The whole interview took about 15 minutes to conduct...they ask you about your background...and ask you six questions 3 customer service...and 3 merchandizing questions. These questions are very easy..and upfront. After that was done and the write your answers down the ask you to step outside the interview room as they can deliberate if your a potential match. I was called back in after five minutes was offered a full time night position on the MET team. They ask for your social for a background check and they give you a Quest Diagnostic for to go do your drug test. (Side note: For your drug test with Quest Diagnostics...it is important you go to there site and schedule an appointment....if not you will wait for at least 1-2 hours...and not all Quest Diagnostic places do drug test...so its important to visit their website when you go to do your drug test with them.) Also I will add I did have an advantage of getting this job...one my cousin works at a Home Depot as a supervisor and also...I did work at Lowe's....if you work at Lowe's and apply to The Home Depot...your basically treated as if you were an internal candidate for a job position. Lowe's is Home Depot's competition. I will admit though the pay was lower than what I was making at Lowe's...but you get to travel with the MET team and the compensate you for mileage and travel cost, which will add up more. In addition sure its lower pay than Lowe's but a set schedule Sun-Thur 9P-6A and weekends off, and the chance for me to finish school out ways the lower pay rate. Please note if you get hired for this job full time...you will be working night...only part time people from the MET team work days, and they are only scheduled to one store. The full time night MET team has one home store but is required to travel up to or over 30 miles for work. So reliable transportation is a must if you are considering this job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult use common scenes and rational thinking   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was available...I did try but the couldn't budge.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone screening, first part is automated then you talk to a real HR representative at the call center in Atlanta. The representative told me the hours I'd be working and the pay, then asked me a couple questions about experiences, then he said I passed and scheduled an in person interview for the following day at the store I applied at.

My interview was with the supervisor of the Merchandising team. He explained the job in detail to me, and what was expected of all his employees. Then we went to his office for me to answer about 8 questions about past experience. The job's hours are good for morning people (6am-10am), weekends off, it's 20 hours a week, with the pay being $9.50. Not bad having a set schedule in retail! I accepted his offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you rate your skills with computers, hand-held scanners, and printers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Clearwater, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

At the Clearwater,Florida store for an interview the managment was not aware of the appointment; interview was conducted at high school level and the interveiwer behaved as such. The questions asked were the same as on the web pre-qualification. Truly amazing. I all my years, i've never encountered such impunity.

Interview Questions

• How do you like working with people who are often difficult?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone with someone at the corporate level. After the initial interview, one was scheduled for in store. Very standard. Dress business casual in closed toed shoes. Basic questioned asked about your past work experience and your ability to work in a team environment.