The Home Depot Millwork Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Millwork Sales Specialist Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Ask you a series of questions as to why you are right for the jobs and identifying past examples proving so. Several role playing interactions to demonstrate your FIRST behaviors as will as sales man-ship.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: Walk up to a customer and ask them if they need help with anything, Customer responds by saying yes, Is there someone they can talk to about ordering some doors for their rental property.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very organized, structured, and following company protocol.
    Filled out application at store, I received a phone call about a week later to schedule the interview. After I went in for the interview I was called back with an offer and asked to complete a drug screening. After I passed all tests, I was brought in to complete pre employment training and was then sent out on the massive showroom floor to help customers and sell windows and doors.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Woodbury, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview is with the head manage on duty that is in charge of that department. They are really basic questions and you will basically get themy all greag

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Branson, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by and HR before the current process done all by computer. It was a sit down in person interview. All the questions were focused on my past experience and how I had performed at other similar positions. I was applying initially for a position in freight to pack down in the am. My ability to get up early and be consistent in performance were the only real criteria to get the job. After my initial interview I was interviewed by the Assistant manager and Department head and hired on the spot. A good experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in a early morning stressful environment?   1 Answer

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2011.

Interview

Apply online first and watch your e-mail. The staffing center in Atlanta pulls applications and will contact the applicant by e-mail to request a phone interview. After that, they schedule you a face to face interview at the store. There will be an initial interview, they'll send you for a drug test and submit a background check, and then will bring you in for the hiring interview.

Interview Questions

• They always want very specific examples of a time you gave excellent customer service or resolved a conflict or led a team through a project to meet a specific goal. The interview packet is standard to each position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Positions are paid on a fixed tier and your starting rate is based on job title and market.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

If you know anyone who works for the company, have them hit up the HR rep for the store and they can get your application placed to the top of the list. I first received a link to an online test, i was then followed up with a phone interview after i passed the online test. After that I was contacted by the store HR rep who had me interview with the department manager. 2 weeks after the interview i was called back to go over some paperwork and offered the job. Then they send you to a drug test... hired a week after that...

Interview Questions

• Not having much home improvement experience, why do you feel Home Depot is the best fit for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really able to negotiate your pay.

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

got calls first from human resources, which, i think was from ontario. human resources were very kind and professional people. then i had 2 interviews, one with the actual store manager, and then another store interview with the assistant store manager. they give you, like a week to decide to take the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• questions are standard. the basic customer service, experience, and they give you 2 or 3 scenarios where they check how you will handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they only give you about a week or so to consider the offer. but i think, they might consider if you need more than a week to decide. provided you be professional enough to give them a call, of course.