The Home Depot Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy, Nice People. The company appears to be a well organized machine. Good work environment and lots of diversity. I would recommend interviewing with this company. I think they would make a nice team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Redlands, CA).

Interview

Two interviews conducted by Asst General Managers, if you make it through them you interview with the GM. The setup was ridiculously obvious, three guys over 40 and a young gun (who the GM walked out to the floor to show him around). I think they have an N+2 policy, so I think we were basically interview fodder. Only asked a couple questions, one manager actually kept looking at his phone and the other looked like his dog died the entire time. If it was a serious interview there would have been many more probing questions. We did get a logo'd swag bag, I sat it on the steps for an HD associate to pick up. I was warned about the "orange politics" but decided to try anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had something go wrong or had difficulties with at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cheyenne, WY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an automated skills test, a phone interview, and then a one on one with someone at the store who had been trained to do entry level interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were working with a customer who wanted something you didn't know anything about, and another customer walked up and demanded your immediate attention regarding something you were familiar with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

very uprofessional always interupted by phone calls questions were not structured some managers seem as they dont know how to conduct an interivew or have not been trained on how to do it

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Edison, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Basic behavior questions which looks for detail information out of examples based on scenarios. Hard to gauge how well the interview when since multiple people in the room to answer to. Keep it enthusiastic, and clear on your answers.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process is very cumbersome. Be prepared for oddball questions as the interviews are situational interviews and the same questions are asked of all canditates. You may be fortunate to have an interviewer who also tries to get to know you. Be prepared for role play on manager to subordinate situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time (is how all the questions start)...when you were given a deadline for a task that you knew you could not meet. How did you handle the situation, what was the reaction from your manager/peers/subordinates & what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You are offered and either take it or leave it.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Typical situational based interview. Must have a demonstrated track record of leading at the previous level and be able to talk through this. Direct and hands on leadership is a plus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always ask for 5 K more.

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Joliet, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview and hiring process took months. After grueling on-line history and "timed tests" the interview process stretched out over 7 weeks. I was interviewed at 2 different facilities by several managers.

Interview Questions

• The 3 interviews were pretty standard stuff. the most difficult part was the "role play" with the managers with regard to different situations. They want to hear positive inquiries to the issue at hand. The company is extremely PRO associate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. The initial offer was made on the phone. I received an e-mail with all the details and benefits and requested a day to review and consider the offer. They started with a very respectable offer and i was able to negotiate an additional 6%.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Canton, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

telephone interview and then one on one interview with assistant manager. positive feedback and thorough interview with many in-depth questions. overall a very positive experience and walked away feeling very positive.

Interview Questions

• most difficult question was my opinion on diversity. i had issues on explanation although i believe diversity in any company is a must and a positive for the corporation throughout.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McCalla, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (McCalla, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

Typical situational bases, "Tell me about a time" management questions in a round robin format with the HR manager, and GM.

Company flew me in and put me up in a hotel the night prior to the interview. Seamless, well organized process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever led a difficult team and turned them into a success?   1 Answer