The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay-Varina, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fuquay-Varina, NC).

Interview

The process was organized. The hiring manager gave us tools for our workplace, described the nature and values of our work, and went over all policies briefly before lettinf us watch a video in depth.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a complicated customer?
    You see a coworker stealing merchandise, how would you handle the situation?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tustin, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by in person interview with HR then Store Manager. General questions about how I would handle sales related events, upset customers, can I work in a group etc. The remainder of the interview was the store manager and I just talking and him giving me all the reasons I should work for The Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• What do I see my self doing in 5 years in relationship to The Home Depot.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Online app, phone call then go to store for interview. Interview people couldnt care less about the process. The main manager got a trainee to interview me. He read from a binder while the manager literaly was checking facebook.

Better offer.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

3 Stage interview. First is on the internet answering basic knowledge questions of home improvement to locate your best fit department. Next is a phone interview (outsourced) which is a bit frustrating with you giving monologues and waiting for the guy on the phone to finish writing down details. Last step is in person with associate at the store and store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (University of Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process from application to interview was completely automated, mostly handled by robots. The interview questions were robotic standards, and despite feeling as though I'd made a personal impression on the interviewer, i had to call the store back to learn that "they'd found a more qualified applicant."

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to ensure customer satisfaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a total of two interviews. The first one was with a hiring manager, she asked a list of typical behavioral type questions. Then from there, the second interview with the general manager of the store and that was very brief like a conversation. After the interview with the GM he offered me a job and the amount that I was getting paid.

Interview Questions

• Prior knowledge of the industry.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

The Paint Department Supervisor asked me very basic interview questions—name a time when this...or name a time when that...Ultimately, what seemed to matter most was whether she believed my personality would mesh well with the other associates in the department. Since these positions are very trainable, I thought that was a good approach.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Standard interviewing process. You will meet with the Assistant Store Manager and if you pass that step, they will bring you back for an interview with the Store Manager.

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I filled out the paper work to be hired, the within a week or two I was called in for an interview. The interview was over with quite quickly. Very few questions were asked. Then I was told I had been hired. From there I was put into a room to watch a brief video.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Escondido, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Most of the interview was the manager describing the background and policies of the Home Depot as well as what the environment is. Then it followed by a series of questions about customer service. As long as you can appear to value customer service highly, you should do well during the interview.