The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

1.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cape Coral, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I wasn't planning on working at THD but I applied online, and a couple of days later I received an email, then someone called me to schedule an interview, what I really liked about it was that it was quick, the woman called and asked if I was available for the next day in the morning and I said yes, I went and she asked me many questions about costumer service, they will ask if u know how to handle an angry costumer etc, she said that I had to make another interview with the department manager (I think) and again what I really liked was that SHE TOLD ME TO COME IN THE SAME DAY! I was excited bc i needed the job asap, so then after that a old man asked me the same questions, I think he wanted to make sure about me? Then he told me about my salary and took me to the main office to get my drug test, that's when I supposed that I was hired, after that what I hated about it was that it took them almost 2 week to call me for the results of my test, then I went and I had to give them my SSN and my info and at the same day I had orientation in the computers (which are MANY and really annoying)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay-Varina, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fuquay-Varina, NC).

Interview

The process was organized. The hiring manager gave us tools for our workplace, described the nature and values of our work, and went over all policies briefly before lettinf us watch a video in depth.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a complicated customer?
      You see a coworker stealing merchandise, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tustin, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by in person interview with HR then Store Manager. General questions about how I would handle sales related events, upset customers, can I work in a group etc. The remainder of the interview was the store manager and I just talking and him giving me all the reasons I should work for The Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• What do I see my self doing in 5 years in relationship to The Home Depot.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Online app, phone call then go to store for interview. Interview people couldnt care less about the process. The main manager got a trainee to interview me. He read from a binder while the manager literaly was checking facebook.

Better offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Felt very much forced, not much interest from hiring manager, kind of doing it because he had to. They will hire just about anyone when they are short on people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you went above and beyond what was expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

3 Stage interview. First is on the internet answering basic knowledge questions of home improvement to locate your best fit department. Next is a phone interview (outsourced) which is a bit frustrating with you giving monologues and waiting for the guy on the phone to finish writing down details. Last step is in person with associate at the store and store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (University of Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process from application to interview was completely automated, mostly handled by robots. The interview questions were robotic standards, and despite feeling as though I'd made a personal impression on the interviewer, i had to call the store back to learn that "they'd found a more qualified applicant."

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to ensure customer satisfaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a total of two interviews. The first one was with a hiring manager, she asked a list of typical behavioral type questions. Then from there, the second interview with the general manager of the store and that was very brief like a conversation. After the interview with the GM he offered me a job and the amount that I was getting paid.

Interview Questions

• Prior knowledge of the industry.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

The Paint Department Supervisor asked me very basic interview questions—name a time when this...or name a time when that...Ultimately, what seemed to matter most was whether she believed my personality would mesh well with the other associates in the department. Since these positions are very trainable, I thought that was a good approach.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Standard interviewing process. You will meet with the Assistant Store Manager and if you pass that step, they will bring you back for an interview with the Store Manager.