The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2019.

Interview

Called me in less than a week for an interview. Questions were simple and easy to answer. Then they called me in the next week for a "second" interview. They basically told me I got the job but asked if I could be front desk instead and asked for a drug test right away.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you and a team worked towards a goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Athens, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

You must apply online. They they will call you to confirm and do a short phone interview. Then you'll be called into the store for a person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• If someone is looking for something, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • What is your customer service history?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Franklin, TN) in January 2019.

Interview

First, you have to wait for the help desk to call someone for your interview. The interview process was very generic. I felt like he was reading from a sheet, asking me "how to handle failure" and "working as a team". He did his job with a neutral face, in an average way, but stuck the landing on placement of position for hire. He did so by taking note of my abilities and choosing the right position for me. Then they do a drug swab, where you have to wait while this thing is in your mouth for a couple of minutes. After that, they needed you to read some digital stuff and digitally sign some background information.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to overcome a difficulty in a group?   1 Answer
    • When someone needed help, how did you help them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (El Paso, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Simple questions about retail and how to resolve customer problems. Questions focused on how to work with different types of scenarios in a professional and unprofessional way. The more you focus on helping the customer, the position might be yours.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a customer, that is upset because his problem hasn't been resolved, and how would your service be different from a past associate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2018.

Interview

All interviews are a carbon copy for all positions. There is no originality for different positions and are very basic. There can be a lack of enthusiasm if the person giving the interview is feeling pressed for time.

Interview Questions

• Please tell about past experience about working on a team, and what was the goal and outcome.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

I have a one on one conversation with the ASM. Mostly typical questions that would be asked for most jobs, plus the how would build ___________. The person who interviewed me was friendly which made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain what materials and tools I would use to build a dog house. They also asked if I have every painted my own house.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't take the first offer, they might be willing to pay more. I felt I could have gotten a higher wage but I didn't speak up. :(

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, Greater Manchester, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Middleton, Greater Manchester, North West England, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

fairly informal. interviewed by only one manager. asked fairly generic questions like why do you want to work for us. It wasn't formal by any standards, the manager was very nice though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

Interview

I applied in person using their kiosk. I was contacted within a couple of days. The process included a phone call, an interview with one of the assistant mangers, a drug test and a background check. I was offered the position at the end of the interview and accepted. I

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience or knowledge regarding paint?   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The HR lady at home depot called me in for an interview, I had no idea what position I was even being hired for. So I went to the interview pretty much blind, also it was my first interview. Not really knowing how the departments worked and maybe I am going to be working everywhere??.. I had my interview, went well, got the job, the end.