The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.2

154 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The manager was an hour and a half late with my interview left me sitting and waiting with nobody informing me that he was gonna be tardy. Which was really aggravating i felt it was very poor work ethics and showed little to no interest in how they represented home depot and potential future employees.i spoke to the person giving me the interview about this and was only brushed off .

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the opportunitys that home depot has to offer within employment   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salinas, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, waited awhile to get a response which was due to them being between human resource people. Received a call for an interview and went to interview. Arrived for my interview, answered the questions the Interviewer had and then filled out paperwork and did a drug test. Once drug test and background check came back clean, I was notified and called again to attend orientation.

Cashier Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atascadero, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atascadero, CA).

Interview

Hiring process was simple, straightforward & comfortable. The interviewer was very personable and went over the basic component the benefits of the job. I had my list of questions prepared and the interview were answered all of them with the exception of not being informed on exactly how the health benefits worked as she personally did not take part in the health benefits offered by Home Depot. She did explain the review process once you're hired how you get raises how you get full time and how to succeed as an employee at Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to stand on your feet for several hours without a problem?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perkasie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Perkasie, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was with the Assistant Manager. Everything was arranged by email from Home Depot headquarters. It was very organized and pleasant. This was a smaller store. You will be notified if they would like you to go to the next step - a meeting with the HR manager. I received a business card with a phone # to check on the progress.

Interview Questions

• Questions concerned how would I handle different scenarios with customers at the check-out.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in District Heights, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (District Heights, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. She was nice and friendly. It happened almost immediately as soon as I got there and she asked questions about how I would react to customers and things like that. She asked if I had any work experience and I told her no. The interview was very easy and spent at least a good hour in there. I was offered the job and start next week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you come across a rude customer? What does customer service mean to you? Name something you'd enjoy at work and something you'll least likely enjoy.   1 Answer

Cashier - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Forest, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled app out online - got an email about 3 days later telling me there were going to call with a set of questions. Automated call came with basic questions -

You applied for x job, are you still interested?
    The intended pay rate is x, are you still interested?
    It is in an open warehouse, are you still interested?
    etc.

At the end (where you should have answered yes to all these questions, they will ask you to set up an interview through the automated system for later that week or early the following week.

You will receive an email with the details of said interview with confirmation.

You go in for the interview, they ask more questions to get to know who you are and how you handle yourself.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you about a product that you had no idea about, what would you do.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I did not have a very good experience.

First, my interviewer was 45 minutes late to meet me. They did not apologize, nor did they seem engaged or interested in even being there. I felt sad, and like I really didn't want to work for them, even though I need the job. It's basic paperwork stuff, and they say they will schedule me for a second interview. They me later that day to schedule. I have to call them twice before I hear from them the day before my interview.

The second interview got scheduled, and I went to that. I met the store manager. They were very friendly. I really got the impression that this is a run-of-the-mill customer service job. I was put back with the person who first interviewed me for the on-site drug test.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is the best job you've ever had?

2) What have you done to go above and beyond at a previous position?

3) Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Submission of online application then I was contacted by a Home Depot Associate to complete a brief phone interview. I was then informed to come in for a face to face interview which was very pleasant. I was contacted about a week later to complete a background check and then drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous cashier and customer service experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Delray Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about a week. There was an initial phone interview. The phone interview was automated and was mostly about your willingness to do the job and work the hours that they needed. After answering the questions I scheduled an in person interview. In the first interview I met with the assistant store manager. The assistant store manager asked me 6 situation based questions I then had a second interview with the sore manager a few days later. She mostly went over what I discussed with the assistant store manager and tried to get to know me as a person. After being offered the job I had to do a drug test on the spot from a mouth swab.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I got an email a week after completing the online application that they were interested in meeting face-to-face. But first I had to do a phone screening with an automated call attendant basically making sure I had availability and interest in the position. From there, I scheduled an interview the next week and that went well. Scheduled the second interview the next day and that went even better. Did the drug test and awaiting the results.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer needed help with an item that you had no knowledge of?   1 Answer
    • How would you interact with a rude customer?   1 Answer