The Home Depot Pro Account Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Pro Account Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days they emailed me saying that they will call me for a short phone interview- which they did. It was pretty basic- it just asked to press one for yes and two for no. After that, they scheduled me for an interview for a few days later. The interview itself was pretty nice. I sat down with a manager and they asked me some questions. In the end, I didn't get the position but they offered me one for cashier. After I accepted, they made me take a quick drug test. They told me to come back for 2 hours of paper work and then later on, 4 hours of training. All paid.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question
  • How does your previous experience correlate with getting the job?   Answer Question
  • Take me step by step on how you would approach a customer and make a sale.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with standard background questions and situational questions. Invited to do an in person interview and they scheduled an appointment. In person interview was short with a couple more situational questions.

Interview Questions

• You are a new and just released to the sales floor and are doing inventory- it's due in 30 minutes. A frazzled, hurried customer comes up to you asking about a product that you are unfamiliar with. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greenfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Two weeks in total. Two phone interviews and one in person. However, be advised these are very deceptive and dishonest people.....was told I was a perfect fit and would be called back later in the day or the next for a final interview with the store manager. It's been a week and no follow-up......all this for $12.00/hour.......when I heard the compensation I wanted to laugh. This is the second or third time I've dealt with The Home Depot in a very negative way.....purchasing issues, return issue and now possible employment issues. Apparently I'm an idiot for assuming things would be different.....I've now learned my lesson and I will never set foot in a Home Depot facility again.

Anonymous Employee in Lilburn, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lilburn, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and generic. The questions were asked from a candidate interview packet and were very general. As long as you give intelligent thought out responses you should be good.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this job when you dont have experience in the field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Napa, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Asked a variety of questions to determine compatibility not only for them but also for me. Comfortable setting. Questions designed to share experience, desire to work, and overall capabilities for advancement.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions, each one building on the next. Provided good opportunity for me to share my experience and how I could be a great asset to their team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I had to do 2 interviews. Both were super easy. One was a generic list of questions and the other was about my sales experience. Overall it smooth and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of Home Depot?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made a counter offer for a couple dollars more and they accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was quite thorough on the position available, responsibilities, benefits of the company. The interviewer was not prepared to discuss salary for the position. The interviewer presented in-store situations with problems arising with customers and seeking answers of how would it be handled.

Interview Questions

I had an offer for another position.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Went in for part time night work and was offered a full time with benefits job during day time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer walk through the front doors a little unhappy looking?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I negotiated a little and asked for a day to think it over.

Pro Account Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring process begins with an online application, aptitude survey and followed by a phone interview. All these steps are required before a local store has any access to your profile. Your best chance is to call the local store and keep calling till they get your application from store support

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question has to be regarding how you would deal with a difficult customer situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Antonio, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Online application (took 30 mins). Was called 3 days later and screened interview over the phone. At completion, was asked to call local store and ask HR for interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to boost sales?   1 Answer

Offer was way below what I was currently making and HD was not willing to start me at any higher rate.